Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Map If you are a Fan Of Warzone 2100
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Thrashcore124
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject:  New Map If you are a Fan Of Warzone 2100 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you never heard of the game Warzone 2100 you should check out this website: http://warzone2100.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/

With this map it is based on the first mission map in the campaign mode.

I never used anything to convert this map but i did it by feel.

It is somewhat accurate but not perfect.

Warzone 2100 In TS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.76 KB
 Viewed:  4060 Time(s)

Warzone 2100 In TS.jpg

Thrashcore124
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another shot

random.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.93 KB
 Viewed:  4058 Time(s)

random.jpg

Thrashcore124
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Little Sneaky Scavengers. Although the are Neutral

Scavenger Base.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.16 KB
 Viewed:  4056 Time(s)

Scavenger Base.jpg

Thrashcore124
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5th player start

Base 5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.97 KB
 Viewed:  4053 Time(s)

Base 5.jpg

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First things first:

- There is no need to make a new post for every image, just attach all images to the opening post. It would also help if you where to crop out the actual map part and leave out the FinalSun part. Also, most people prefer to see in-game images rather than FinalSun images.

And now:

- The map is extremely unbalanced. Some players have access to more tiberium than others (along with a lot of other flaws including build space).
- The map is really bland and repetitive. Hardly any effort put into detailing apart from the odd spot of grass and sand and some trees. You should try to at least make the map decent rather than not trying at all.
- As I mentioned above, the map is extremely repetitive. Blocky tiberium patches are an eye sore. Cliffs are also repetitive which is an even bigger eye sore, use different cliff types rather than just one and try to make them look more natural by flexing the shape of them rather than just having straight lines, it'll instantly look better (I can also see plenty of cliff errors without even having to download the map). I'm guessing you use the AutoCliff tool? Avoid doing that... and get yourself Marble madness from the mapping tools thread to help you out when placing cliffs.
- Some players have access to particular structures (like a GDI war factory) when others don't which is unfair.
- LAT you've used is blocky, try to make them look more natural (including the pavement).
- Civilian buildings are on this map that are not meant for the temperate theater. They look the way they do because they are in the wrong palette (They're meant to be used in the snow theater, not temperate).
- Again in the detail factor, there are hardly any slopes or different height elevations, basically the map looks flat and boring.
- I don't know if you've edited the lighting or not again because you've taken FinalSun screenshots rather than in-games. The default lighting is ugly and shouldn't be used.
- Civilian vehicles that can attack the players can be really irritating, but there is no harm in using them I suppose.
- I can tell by looking at the tiberium patches you haven't bothered to add any invisible light posts to give off a glowing feel to the tiberium, you really should add light posts to the tiberium fields (with .ini tweaking of course), they add a lot more life to any map.

Even if you're trying to recreate something there is no harm in tweaking things a bit to make the remake look good like varying the cliff shapes.

There's plenty more I should cover, but I'm feeling lazy tonight. I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'm trying to help you get better when you come to making more maps in the future.

Last edited by Aro on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thrashcore124
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
First things first:

- There is no need to make a new post for every image, just attach all images to the opening post. It would also help if you where to crop out the actual map part and leave out the FinalSun part. Also, most people prefer to see in-game images rather than FinalSun images.

And now:

- The map is extremely unbalanced. Some players have access to more tiberium than others (along with a lot of other flaws including build space).
- The map is really bland and repetitive. Hardly any effort put into detailing apart from the odd spot of grass and sand and some trees. You should try to at least make the map decent rather than not trying at all.
- As I mentioned above, the map is extremely repetitive. Blocky tiberium patches are an eye sore. Cliffs are also repetitive which is an even bigger eye sore, use different cliff types rather than just one and try to make them look more natural by flexing the shape of them rather than just having straight lines, it'll instantly look better (I can also see plenty of cliff errors without even having to download the map). I'm guessing you use the AutoCliff tool? Avoid doing that... and get yourself Marble madness from the mapping tools thread to help you out when placing cliffs.
- Some players have access to particular structures (like a GDI war factory) when others don't which is unfair.
- Civilian buildings are on this map that are not meant for the temperate theater. They look the way they do because they are in the wrong palette (They're meant to be used in the snow theater, not temperate).
- Again in the detail factor, there are hardly any slopes or different height elevations, basically the map looks flat and boring.
- I don't know if you've edited the lighting or not again because you've taken FinalSun screenshots rather than in-games. The default lighting is ugly and shouldn't be used.

Even if you're trying to recreate something there is no harm in tweaking things a bit to make the remake look good like varying the cliff shapes.

There's plenty more I should cover, but I'm feeling lazy tonight. I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'm trying to help you get better when you come to making more maps in the future.

Thanks for the advice. It isnt even half complete. But i will take your advice and put fourth some more effort.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon