Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Heavy Bomber
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject:  Heavy Bomber
Subject description: SS's Kirov. Or the closest thing, atleast.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Invader Heavy Bomber (SSIA designation XI-15)
Cost: 2650
Armor: Light
Speed: Slow
Weapon:Rapid-Fire Pulse Laser (x4, alternating charge)
Directed Energy Bomb
Range: Medium
Very Short
Tech Center Tech, Tier-3 Advanced Anti-Surface VTOL

The Heavy Bomber, or XI-15 by SSIA designation, is the most heavily armored aircraft to ever be constructed. Designed to break the most stubborn defenses and destroy anything that moved on the ground, the pilot-assisted Invader Heavy Bomber is something that all SSIA forces dreaded after the Battle of the New York Ruins in the Main War.

During this battle, the first Heavy Bombers were deployed, where they annihilated surviving law enforcement and SSIA units that had sought cover in the ruins near Times Square- despite the presence of 5 anti-aircraft missile turrets and several squads of SSIA Special Ops and Rocket-armed infantry covering.

Capable of withstanding extreme punishment, the Heavy Bomber can engage and defeat enemy ground forces en masse without much trouble, even figuring in resistance. This is due in no large part to the weapons systems of the Heavy Bomber. The primary weapon of the Heavy Bomber isn't bombs of any sort, ironically; indeed, it is rather an array of lasers, which each Heavy Bomber has four of. During usual combat, one of the two lasers under one wing will fire, followed by the one in the same position on the other wing- the next set of lasers will then fire. This is all done very rapidly, creating a deadly meat-grinder effect.

The secondary weapon, used for the most part on structures, is a variation on the Conversion Tank's beam weapon, except literally dropped on enemies. Called a "directed energy bomb", the Heavy Bomber fires a guiding laser at the target, which is believed to serve as a conduit for a large and quite visible ball of energy that then follows it onto the target location. (there are conflicting reports on this, some have claimed that the energy ball will fall directly below the bomber, irrespective of where the guiding laser hits)

Not too different from the Conversion Tank's ranged weapon, the directed energy bomb does immense amounts of damage to the target and the surrounding area of impact.

Notes:
The XI-15 is slow. Much, much slower than the XI-12 Fightercraft, but fast enough to not be completely ineffectual on stationary defenses that would otherwise shred it.
The XI-15 is famously deadly- there is no body armor, vehicle composite or building material that can withstand direct hits from its pulse lasers. If this wasn't bad enough, the XI-15's directed energy bombs can bust open even the most heavily fortified bunkers with ease.
The XI-15 is, as stated before, the most heavily armored aircraft to ever fly. Not even the the Soviet Union's Second Red War invention, the Kirov Airship can match it.

Final Notes: Voxel by Yurisarmy.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alien Beaks #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks strange imo. Needs more detailing #Tongue Something...Invaderish.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nose looks odd Neutral

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do people keep commenting on the nose?
It's alien. Alien things are alien to us.
IMO, these don't go far enough from human aircraft - they should look even more unique.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do the whole thing in the same colour pattern as the wings and this would look brilliant.

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Why do people keep commenting on the nose?
It's alien. Alien things are alien to us.
IMO, these don't go far enough from human aircraft - they should look even more unique.

^ this

Although admittedly, they aren't "aliens" exactly, but the goal of these "Invaders" was to create things that weren't supposed to be recognizable as "human" built. A foreign, unfamiliar quality that has a psychological purpose just as much as an aesthetic and practical one. To reinforce to their former brethren that they aren't human, but something different and better.

However, I am not going to restrict or discourage the use of any person's rights to comment, complain or even whine about progress I make viewable to the public. Else I wouldn't bother posting it.

But as for looking more "alien", what would you have in mind, Orac?

(to tell the truth, I've done a poor job explaining the story and factions of this mod, so the confusion that they are aliens is totally understandable)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I may whine, but even for Alien planes the laws of physics and aerodynamics still count. And I know for sure that a downward-pointed nose doesn't help either of them. But then, it's just a game #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the keyword has finally been said! Game! #Tongue I think it'll look even weirder if the nose was pointing UPWARDS #Tongue

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like voxel but not cameo

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can pack come more detail if necessary Eva.

The nose is an aircraft style trait.

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks pretty cool, but yea i have to agree with Orac and at the same time Dutchy, it is meant to be alien, but the design looks human-ish, i think im gonna draw something up for this #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon