Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Grinders
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject:  Grinders Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't think of an instance of something similiar to this that exists in generals, with the exception of the Saboteur, but I think JJ_ said that was hardcoded. If it wasn't, It could have worked beautifully.

If the unit enters the Grinder building, spawn a crate containing x amount of money, and have the building pick it up.

Maybe there's some other kind of module I can play around with. Have the unit enter the building, have the unit die/destroyed, grant money somehow.

sigh....soylent green for yuri!

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually thought about it before. To make a Grinder, make it able to contain units using garrison logic that only allows allied units. The Grinder itself would emit a weapon with KILL_GARRISON damage type (whatever the exact name is) constantly as a FireWeaponUpdate (again not sure about the exact name). The weapon will kill any unit that garrisons it. The weapon will have a special death type, and every single unit is coded so that the death type will spawn a crate x% (set in the create, so you'll need a lot of crates) of the unit value which will be picked up by the Grinder. The animation will be played as a transition state from garrisoned to normal.

Well another theory. Let's see how well it works.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking of a way to get around all those crates; manipulating the bounty hunter code somehow. What do you think of this? When you bounty hunt, you basically keep a percentage of the value of the unit you kill, so if I can make this exclusive to the grinder, then when a unit enters the grinder and gets killed, you get a percentage of it's costs.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think you can make the bounty logic affect only one unit. Though, I can see how you can make it work by putting the module into the Grinder so that you earn money by killing instead of sending stuff into it, though I think once you built it, the bounty effect will still stay even when the Grinder is destroyed, so another idea is to make it into a power of some sort.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon