Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Major Update
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject:  Major Update
Subject description: Yeah, seriously.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, and most importantly, is a major shift I am making in the mod's course. I have realized that using my own original factions was a bad idea and probably doomed the mod (although the initial laziness and 'OMG MUST RELEASE ASAP' attitude I had toward the mod was a close second). Until today, that is.

Today, I am announcing the change of Star Strike to a post Tiberian Sun sequel that will take full advantage of RA2's advanced engine. GDI, Nod and Cabal will be the primary factions. The premise of this new Star Strike will be portray a post FS world, where Mechs dominate the brown, depressing landscape scouring it for their enemies to stomp on or shoot with powerful lasers. GDI appears victorious after the events of Firestorm, destroying Cabal's supposed bunkers and smashing Nod whereever it pops up. The Messiah seems to be dead- or is he? Of course he isn't, in Tiberian Universe, you don't kill Kane, Kane kills you!

There will be 3 campaigns, each of equal length describing the stories of each side- How GDI's relaxing leads to disaster when Nod resurfaces and Cabal attacks, how Nod struggles to re-unite itself under one banner again, the help of the Messiah in doing this, how the rogue AI, CABAL continues its nefarious plans awhile suffering from the worst case of cockroach complex in all of the universe's history and lastly, how those nasty little Scrin figure into the whole equation.

But this doesn't mean that the new SS will neglect the multiplayer person. There are more than 20 new gamemodes that add RA2's fun factor to the Tiberian universe; something it seriously lacked in the past. Perhaps you want everything of yours exploding into chunks of Tiberium as in the "Kane's Fantasies" mode, or maybe you like it when the best counter to commandos is tanks thanks to their use of vehicle armors, as in "Tiberian Sun, Revisited" mode! Or maybe, you're the sort of person who likes having the 3rd enemy to fight on that 2 player map, like in "Super Tiberium Creatures: Frustration" mode! These three modes and all the others unlisted support AI and player to player combat, giving you countless ways to fight your new Tiberian war.

For nostalgic purposes, the mod will even make sure that the map "Grand Canyon Revisited (2-4)" is always your default map to play on!

To honor the memory of the old Star Strike and its missed birthday on February 18th, please follow these links to get to some new profiles.

>Cabal Advanced Harvester Walker
>GDI 'Juggernaut' Mammoth Walker Tank
>GDI Seeker Wheeled Hovercar
>Cabal Doomsday Walker
>Nod Warrior Walker Helicopter
>Nod Hellraiser ATGM Walker
>Cabal Walker Infantry Factory
>GDI ORCA VTOL Transport Walker
>Nod Hummer Hover Walker
>Cabal Eviscerator Cyborg Walker

Yes, you read those correctly! Maintaining Tiberian Sun's theme of mechs and rapid technological advances (30 years we go from Abrams Tanks to perfect 30ft 120mm cannon Walkers!) all three factions, including Nod and Cabal, have managed to perfect walker technology, allowing everything from Riflemen to ORCAs to use walker legs!

I hope you enjoyed these unit profiles, it is only the beginning of this new SS; expect more in the future. Wink

CAUTION: The new SS is an attempt a true sequel to Tiberian Sun. Please talk to your doctor if you have had bouts of RAAGGGEEEE in the past, as this may be a sign of a serious over-reaction, that may result in lulz or death. If you continue to have such symptoms, please discontinue taking such posts seriously. Serious Business is not meant for everyone, including women who are pregnant, may become pregnant or are smoking. Men should not take serious business if they suffer from BAWWWWWitis or ED.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my god...that is big....wow....i cant believe it...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAY.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lawl @ style Laughing

Nice update. Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not your best but still good

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone notice the lulzy hidden text in the post? =x

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for that post being so late, but setting all of those profiles up took ages, as with typing them.

(they are real, the links aren't rickroll or anything)

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF! THIS HAS ALL BEEN AN APRIL FOOLS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! MARRRRRRRRMMMMAAAAALLLAAAAAIIIIDDDD!!! MADNESSS....fuh diidbg blah, enough spam, bah, everyone should know that this was all just a joke by Eva...who clearly fooled me alot -.-

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
MARRRRRRRRMMMMAAAAALLLAAAAAIIIIDDDD!!!

#Cussing out Not only do you steal my word but you spell it wrong.
Basically he's replaced the names:
GDI=SSIA
Nod=EDF
CABAL=Invader
And added "walker" to everything. The units are all real and only the infantry have legs.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, you practically marmalaid everyone in that topic that got split and you got banned XD
and yea, what an April Fools, he got me good -.-

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
lol, you practically marmalaid everyone in that topic

Rawr, there was a reason I saved n' sent it. Epic, truly it was XD
(although I should have replied better)

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
anyone notice the lulzy hidden text in the post? =x

"Of course he isn't, in Tiberian Universe, you don't kill Kane, Kane kills you! "

Uhh, noooo.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon