Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
my funky artillery
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject:  my funky artillery Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe... kinda got out of hand... lol...
(havn't made a .hva for it yet Wink )

screenshot002.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.51 KB
 Viewed:  10324 Time(s)

screenshot002.gif

screenshot001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.66 KB
 Viewed:  10322 Time(s)

screenshot001.gif

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks quite good! need ingame screenies tho Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U made it using deluxe voxel editor?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I make all my voxels with it

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terror if you pm it to me ill get an ingame screenie for ya. I will also make and hva for it too.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fremen made the vxl not terror

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops my bad sorry fremen and terror. But as i said in the post pm it to me and ill get a screenie for ya. Be sure to also check out my mod New Dawn

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, try posting voxels in the VOXEL forum, k?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everybody! Very Happy

stucuk wrote:

yes, and I'm sticking with it! Very Happy

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where do you get deluxe voxel editor??
I WANT IT NOW!!!!

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Devin, you only post completed voxels with a DL link in the voxel forum. if your working one and you want some opinions you post here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fremen5 wrote:
Thanks everybody! Very Happy

stucuk wrote:

yes, and I'm sticking with it! Very Happy

How is it with normals?

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

free.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

normals? Shocked (I'm new at graphics)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

normals tell RA2/YR and TS what lighting to do on voxels.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i still uses VXLSE autonormals features... it gives the best result on voxels... too lazy to manual them, but i do manual them sometimes... but i still use Will's to create vxl #Tongue i like the "Editing Window" in Will's .In VXLSE, i cant understand it... weird but hell i use VXLSE for those excellent features like.. Skinning and replace colors...

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On VXLSE you use the 2 small windows to move the "cursor", and you click on the window's name to make it beome the editable one......

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait,wait,Wait Shocked !!! how many decent voxel eds are there? whic is the best and where can i get them? im sick of using will to recolour voxels. Hey you seen the mess i made with the camo tank ROFL!!!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personaly i think VXLSE is the best for the simple reasons:

1. It has the most features
2. Its still being updated(and by a rearly brill guy i hear Wink), wills original and Deluxe Ed is not gona get updated.
3. VXLSE is the most compleate, Wills can't do RA2 voxels (well it wasn't made for them anyway and lacks RA2 stuff), Deluxe Ed lacks Normals and alot of its tools that were gona b implemented.
4. IMO its the most simplise of the 3, VXLSE is easyer to move the cursor then in Wills, Deluxe is wierd and building a voxel from the ground up with no visual aids of where exactly each layer is.(as in you don't get a side view so you can see how high you are etc)

VXLSE RULZ!!!!! DOWNLOAD IT NOW OR FACE STUS RATH!!!!!!!

Download Link
- Voxel Section Editor v1.7.1 SE 3

Last edited by stucuk on Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the wrath of stu! run in fear!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
2. Its still being updated(and by a rearly brill guy i hear ), wills original and Deluxe Ed is not gona get updated.

- Stu is a very modest guy Wink. As for Deluxe Voxel Editor, Greg said he would still work on it, but in the moment, his project is on a temporaly halt.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The readme of the one i have sais

Quote:
Deluxe Voxel Editor v0.09 - ALPHA -- Greg Edwards, 2001

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he released the 0.092 already...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download link...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

broken link (arm-ent)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok could you post it then? (Gota check out the competitions latest version #Tongue)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Deluxe Voxel Editor 0.092 For Download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, here it is... it was released in this year.

Greg Edwards on Read Me file wrote:
Deluxe Voxel Editor v0.092 Pre-release #2 -- Greg Edwards, 2003
Also known as: Voxel Editor 3
vxl3.arm-ent.com

This is a utility to edit the 3D voxel-based graphics for the games Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 from Westwood Studios. Note that the original files can be found within LOCAL.MIX within TIBSUN / RA2.MIX. and extracted with a mix utility such as XCC Mixer.

Contents:
1. History / Upcoming Features / Known Bugs

2. More on voxels

3. How to use

History (Note that this list will be reset for the first public release ie. web site):

0.092- Somewhat of a 'keep alive' release before 0.1
- Fixed quite normal seeming, "Abnormal Program Termination," bug.
- Killed buttons/menu options for non-implemented features to avoid confusion (fear not, they shall return)
- Updated UI a bit more.
0.091- A few slight tweaks
- Very basic XP visual style support
0.09 - The statistics view now upates more frequently on large images.
- All of the tools will draw a whole lot faster on large images.
- Tweaked the TS Cameo preset a bit. Because it wasn't previously documented, you can right click the 3D view to get some settings.
- Made the 3D view look a bit smoother (in terms of appearance) by using float values for the Z. This is at no detectable cost for speed.
- Due to a little known fact I heard, I noticed that the MS save icon has the disk's shutter on backwards! This is now changed. (Go take a look at a real disk and open Word Pad.)
- Added a fully functional flood fill tool. Enjoy!
- Added surface normal error highliting. Particularly useful for modified images with portions removed. All areas of the image with surface normal data but no colour to go along with it will show up red. Also made the surface normals display all 0's as black rather than transparent in areas with colour data in them (valid value).
0.08 - Fixed bug where files occasionally would not save, but the program acted like they did! Fixing this bug seems to have fixed a bug that generated errors in the file after saving.
- Fixed surface normal bug when creating a new file.
- Improved on the transformation matrix. Constant values are no longer displayed. Values can now be changed.
- Added palette loading/saving. Palettes are in Jasc format.
- Greatly sped up the 3D view. The RA2 aircraft carrier takes about 1 second to draw on a Celeron 433, 2 seconds on a P166 MMX. This is FAR greater than the previously recorded 11 seconds! (P166 MMX)
- Added pixel zoom feature to the 3D view. The image draws at a similar speed at all levels.
- Removed unnecessary redraws of the 3D view. Now it will only redraw if it actually changes and is onscreen.
- Re-arranged the tools in a more loigcal order (2D first, then 3D) (for future use)
- Lightly touched up on some of the button gfx.
0.07 - Added RA2 surface normal engine support.
- Added 3D view support. Note that surface normals are not yet processed.
- Added command line support. You may now double-click on voxel files and properly load them directly.
- Added buttons for underlay and colour/normal modes.

0.06 - First released (or rather leaked -.-) version

Upcoming Features (in likely order):

VXL3 Version 0.1 (next planned release) will add a lot of new features. I'm working on a completely new code base which should run a lot better. This program was a C++ learning experience for me, therefore the code is quite horrible. Note: Sorry for not writing this part for 0.091. -_-
Multiple editing views -- I have already coded the basic architecture for this feature in the unreleased 0.1
Hovering palette window
Faster 3D view - Hopefully live!
Profile click-selection alternative to layer selection
AutoNormals -- Automatically generate TS-style normals.
Underlay/overlay alpha shading effects
More efficient memory usage
Grid support
Circle tool - Circle on current layer
Work surface normals into the 3D view (This is Westwood's grand secret.)
Undo/Redo
Cut, Copy, and Paste
More tools in general:
Cube - Effects above/below layers
Sphere - Effect same as above
Fill - 3D flood fill
Those 3D tools would do good with automatic surface normal generation.

Known Bugs:
When switching colours/normals or hiding underlay/layers, etc, the image will turn grey/white checkered. This effect is temproary and does not affect the image. (this bug might no longer exist)

The word "voxel" simply means volume pixel. This is basically a pixel in a 3D environment. Just like you can think of a pixel as a tiny square in an array forming a picture, a voxel can be thought of as a tiny cube and likewise, these 'voxels' can be put together to form a 3D model which is in TS/RA2's case, a model of a vehicle, vessel or aircraft. In short, a voxel image is a 3D bitmap.

A very important thing to remember is that this is indeed a 3D image, and so while you are editing, you must draw the correct sections on the correct layers. Don't just doodle in what it should look like from the top, or else you'll end up with a flat image hovering over the old contents. You can get a more visual prespective of this in the program's 3D view.
Another element of the image that's often forgotten is the surface normal section. Each voxel not only contains a colour, but also an identifier for the direction that it's supposed to face. In-game, these are used for shading the images to make them look better. I find that the easiest way to create these is by example. Open a second window and take a look at another file.
One more thing to note is that surface normals are done differently in Tiberian Sun than in Red Alert 2. This is also defined by a value in the file which can be changed from the properties box. Tiberian Sun will ONLY support TS mode normals where Red Alert 2 will support both types. In short, TS voxels can go into RA2 (but will look small) but RA2 voxels can't, without modification, go into Tiberian Sun.
In order to be used by Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2, you must either put the file in your game's folder (along with GAME.EXE, etc.) or you can put it within the root of an EXPAND##.MIX file or ELOCAL##.MIX.

voxel0092.zip
 Description:
Download Greg's Voxel Editor here (the so called competition :lol:)

Download
 Filename:  voxel0092.zip
 Filesize:  309.08 KB
 Downloaded:  263 Time(s)

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

**cowers in corner while pressing download buttonwith a long pointy stick...**
wimper Sad

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WP wrote:
**cowers in corner while pressing download buttonwith a long pointy stick...**
wimper Sad

what's so bad about downloading somethin?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing is wrong with it, VXLSE is still better Smile and easyer to use.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
VXLSE RULZ!!!!! DOWNLOAD IT NOW OR FACE STUS RATH!!!!!!!
Laughing

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr. stu th VXLSE link on the website and here dinae wok (in a scottish accent=dosent work)
anywhere else to download from??

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon