Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
It's Time for a Lashing!
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject:  It's Time for a Lashing! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone thank Dutchy, for his Lasher Tank!

I made a few modifications to the model myself, but Dutchy did a great job recreating this tank. I'm still trying to think of a way to make it unique, but thats for a later stage in the game. Anyways, enjoy.

I think this color scheme works...

lashing.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  290.86 KB
 Viewed:  11903 Time(s)

lashing.png

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

upgrade to a spiky roller that can damage enemies Wink
And nice.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible for them to gain cash whenever they run over an infantry? Or perhaps grind an infantry if theyre right in front.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do note: I wanted to add spikes to the grinder, but this increases the polycount big time, and it already has more polies then the average Generals tank #Tongue
Also, if DaFool wants, I can also work on the Gattling Tank. I base my models on the original artwork I find on the net Wink

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding spikes:
Method 1: each spike is 4 vertices, a triangular prism if you will. Just don't forget to delete the polygon face that is in the roller.

Method 2: create a plane. Weld 2 vertices together to form a triangle and, violà, a spike. Yeah, they'll be paper thin, but they're spikes nonetheless and they'll cost you a measly 1 polygon each. Wink

You can also reduce the amount of sides the roller has which would, in turn, reduce the number spikes on it.

The really thin barrel on the Lasher looks way too complex for something so small. Optimise by removing the subsections or making the barrel have less sides.

Also, that Rhino Tank on the far right looks like it's doing a high speed drifting turn. Laughing

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is the comparison between a lsher with spikes and onw without. I haven't really gone into animating models yet, but it would be possible to make the spikes spin right?

Anyways, that would be perfect dutchy. I guess the Yuri Scheme (RGB) is: 117,107,73 for light and 80,73,50 for dark. Personally, I open up voxel viewer and base my models directly off of the voxel, but whatever works is great.

ROFL at the rhino, I didn't even notice that Very Happy

lasher2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.01 KB
 Viewed:  11853 Time(s)

lasher2.png

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Send me the new model, and I'll animate it Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rear barrels seems to be almost touching the ground #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, was gonna say theres no real point in the barrels on the back, if you need a few more polys. #Tongue Also, spiked version looks loads better (though you made it taller?). Rhino looks empty compared to this.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The barrels are part of the original model. They can be seen both on art and ingame. They are one of the few housecolour parts the tank has Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But in the art theyre not quite as big, nor stick out so much.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ingame ones are surrounded by a box, and although you may not notice them much, they do give some needed remap.

And to Dutchy, the second I get to my toher comp I'll send the file over to you. Do you want the gmax, w3d, or both?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gmax please, because importing W3D may f*ck up some stuff Wink

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the late post but damn those lashers are great,especially the one with spikes! Can't wait to show those fancy tsunami tanks what a real light tank is like.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon