Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
My Slaves are Ready
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject:  My Slaves are Ready Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri has an abundance of mind control minions, and those who cannot fight he has hauling around materials to increase his war machine (and those who cannot do that get to pay a visit to the grinder). The Slave Miner is the realization of Yuri's Domination; it is like a locust, coming to an area, draining it of resources, and just as swiftly as it came, leaves. The slave miner is a mobile refinery, and is a huge vehicle at that, (capable of crushing lesser vehicles?), has plenty of armor, and even is able to defend itself against miner attacks (get it?). It weakness is actually the foundation of the unit itself: the slaves. They are weak, and reluctant workers. It is a dubious thing for an opposing commander to kill them, as it is a moral question of what is the greater evil: death or being a slave. But from a comander's perspective, killing them is the easiest choice as it will hault Yuri's Income.

As for the model: You may notice the mobile one has pipes while the deployed one doesn't. I think the mobile one pushed the limits for the engine as the game would crash when two were built, but when I removed the pipes it was fine. I'll make the mobile version pipeless at a later time. I'm going to Toronto Tommorow, so I'll be gone for the next 5 days (unless the hotel has wireless...), so I can fix it then.

slaves are cheap.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  574.78 KB
 Viewed:  8334 Time(s)

slaves are cheap.png

foremanhere.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.86 KB
 Viewed:  8334 Time(s)

foremanhere.png

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, now THAT is REALLY good. I might just have to capitalize a few MORE words! #Tongue

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modeling Machine! Surprised

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For this, you shall be spared.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's the polycount of the Slave Miner? I think you are just below the limit of what the engine can handle.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"For this, you shall be spared."
What?

@Dutchy: I don't know the poly count of the .3ds/w3d, but of the object in anim8or it was under 950. The reason I don't know the true polycount is that is anim8or it uses more advanced polygons (square, hexagon, etc) while in gmax everything is triangles. The full model with pipes crashed the game with 2 (I don't know why 2, but it was always 2). While without the pipes, it was fine. I have no idea what was up with that. Actually, I think the legs were the things that tipped the scale, because the mobile version is fine ingame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon