Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Resource Gatherers and Turrets -COMPLETED
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject:  Resource Gatherers and Turrets -COMPLETED
Subject description: Impossible?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been trying to give the war miner a turret recently, something I had neglected prior. However, it seems the Zero Hour doesn't quite like having it's resource gatherers having turrets.

I gave the War Miner the correct module to have it's turret (copied from another vehicle) and tested this ingame. The warminer's turret would spin, and it would aim where you force fire it, yet the war miner lost it's ability to move! Quite strange, I double checked my code to be sure that I didn't erase the locomotor or anything similiar, and I had not. So then I proceeded to look at the codes of other units. They had their turret modules right above the locomotor tag (I stuck my turret module at the bottom of the War Miner entry). So I copied the module again and stuck it right above the locomotor tag. I tested it ingame again, and this time, the turret works, and the miner moves around, but it refuses to mine!

I find this awefully peculiar, my theory now is that the arrangement of module tags within an entry has some kind of effect on it. But perhaps there is somethign about having a turret that negates being able to gather resources in Zero Hour?

Last edited by DaFool on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ask the SWR team, they managed it with the ROTR soviet Supply truck.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it's armed with a machine gun. Check it out at www.moddb.com

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've attached the code for the Russian Supply Truck from RotR's release. I hope it helps Wink

SupplyTruck.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SupplyTruck.ini
 Filesize:  6.29 KB
 Downloaded:  121 Time(s)

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally checked out their harvester coding, and was able to figured out what I did wrong. Basically there is a module for turrets that everything with a turret has. It's an "AIUpdate" type of module, and when I had the turret module in addition to the harvester module, the game would only choose one. Now, the SWR team actually put the coding for the turret inside of the module that tells the game that the unit is a harvester. So, the correct coding is as shown:

Code:
  Behavior = SupplyTruckAIUpdate ModuleTag_03
    MaxBoxes = 4
    SupplyCenterActionDelay = 400     ; ms for whole thing (one transaction)
    SupplyWarehouseActionDelay = 1000 ; ms per box (many small transactions)
    SupplyWarehouseScanDistance = 700 ;350 ; Max distance to look for a warehouse, or we go home.  (Direct dock command on warehouse overrides, and no max on Center Scan)
    SuppliesDepletedVoice = SupplyTruckVoiceSuppliesDepleted

Turret
      TurretTurnRate       = 180 ;60   // turn rate, in degrees per sec
      ControlledWeaponSlots= PRIMARY
    End
    AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle = Yes
  End

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon