Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
Balancing the Slave Miner
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject:  Balancing the Slave Miner Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Slave Miner presents itself as a very formidable mining platform in this game, almost too powerful in theory. It is mobile, it can defend itself to some degree, it gets 5 free slaves that respawn when one of the dies, and it's kinda on the cheap side.

As far as I can tell, and along with some testing, the minimum that a harvester can pick up is 75$, or "1 box". Now thinking about it, there must be somewhere where I can edited how much money is in a box.... But anyways, the slave miner costs 1750, and comes with 5 free slaves. The GLA had a supply stash building that cost 1500 and came with 1 free worker*. Now, I don't want Yuri players to get an uber eco boom early on in the game, or anytime they expand for that matter, so I need to nerf this miner.

So, each miner gets 5 slaves, and from my own experience, I usually have like 3 workers per supply stash when I play as the GLA. So I think that maybe the slaves should only carry 25 or 50 bucks per load. 25 would make the group less useful than 2 workers while 50 would make them slightly better than 3. I could go with 50, and then give them an alternative locomotor thats makes them slower, this way they should be about equal.

As of right now, and until I can figure out how to do it differently, slaves can be individually controlled by the player. Slaves cannot be built as other units can be built, but rather they are spawned after one slave has been killed. I thought this would best represent the classic case, and also would prevent the player from getting cheap energy via the bio reactor and cheap slaves. The respawn time also can be used as a slight (or major) nerf to the slave miner, as sweeping in and killing all the slaves with a scout can produce a short period of time with no income.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

*Slaves and Workers are pretty much equal right now, except the slave has less health (75 vs 100) and it's cost is lower (so you don't get as much experience).

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
there must be somewhere where I can edited how much money is in a box

It's in GameData.ini, search for it.

You don't need to change that to balance gatherers though, just the time they take picking up the boxes.

I think all you need is to change it so that the Slave Miner doesn't start with all five slaves, but spawns each one by one. How did you make it cost while still being spawned though?

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would maybe ut the price of the slave miner to 2000$ so it is the same price as the other refinarys and try to edit how much a slave brings in

eg war miner brings in 3.5 boxes = 350
slaves bring in 5 = 500
(just an example)

what you have to remember was yuri was over powered

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is spawned, so the cost doesn't really matter, I just thought it was like in the prior games, where experience gained from destroying the units is derived from the destroyed units cost.

Boxes are 75 bucks a pop revolutionary, and they have to be whole numbers.

As for the spawning one by one, I am using the module that gives refineries free harvesters: as far as I know they have to spawn at once.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm so I went and checked the module list (haven't got it?) and found this parameter for the SpawnBehavior.

Code:
InitialBurst = [integer]

Put it in with the value of 1 and see what happens?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, and no, I had no idea that the module list existed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon