Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Grizzly tank remake [RA2 scale, TS normals]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Is it beefy?
It's fat!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It's beefy.
94%
 94%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 17

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject:  Grizzly tank remake [RA2 scale, TS normals] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also I wanted to remake some old Allied tank.

EDIT: Oops, I wanted to add 3rd option to the pool, but somehow I haven't saved it (I meant if it's not beefy either fat, but something else),
you can answer "fat" if it's not beefy, but something else (even if it's not fat in your opinion).

HOPEFULLY FINAL EDIT: Updated. There are 3 versions in the pack now (standard, one with grey instead of brown (grizzg) and one with metalic blue instead of brown (grizzmb)).

ingamev1_4.png
 Description:
current version - just few touches on colour...
 Filesize:  131.37 KB
 Viewed:  47378 Time(s)

ingamev1_4.png

vers.jpg
 Description:
versions
 Filesize:  75.08 KB
 Viewed:  47006 Time(s)

vers.jpg

ingame.png
 Description:
old version in-game
 Filesize:  145.49 KB
 Viewed:  47406 Time(s)

ingame.png

Grizzly has been remade.zip
 Description:
current version,
contains voxel (turret + body), icons

and 2 edited versions without brown

Download
 Filename:  Grizzly has been remade.zip
 Filesize:  278.26 KB
 Downloaded:  1066 Time(s)

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 10 times in total

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool voxel the only problem is its kinda darkish IMO, aside from that, perfect Wink

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used #90 and darker as main colour, because I was afraid of too bright voxel, but TS normals are darker than RA2 ones. #Bandit

EDITED a bit (the brightest colour is #88 now, see the first post).

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like it, it's just that I'm not used to seeing colors on voxels from the 160-167 range! Very Happy

Nice cameo too!

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

likey, BTW how do you maked the cameo? looks great

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1st I took a screenshot in the Voxel Viewer,

then I massively edited that screenshot in the Gimp (using similar colour to those on WW Grizzly cameo),

in the end I pasted the final picture into Grizzly cameo background.

cameoMaking.jpg
 Description:
that painting in the preview is just 40% of that in my PC
 Filesize:  6.42 KB
 Viewed:  47358 Time(s)

cameoMaking.jpg

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah dam you did massively edit it, thought it was a 3d render.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats just brilliant! Shocked

I've gotta learn some GIMP....its just sitting there on my desktop, rotting away from the lack of usage. Razz

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@L()KI:
Sorry #Mischievous ,
on the other hand I am thinking about public 3DS model of Tiberian Twilight beta Mammy. Wink

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool ill keep that in mind next time i make Cameo

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dny, I gotta ask, does your name stand for Do Not Yigger?

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, no it stands for my Name "Daniel"... now that you say it i might change it, anyways what does Yigger stands for? google does not know what is it too #Tongue

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just made up Yigger, cause I didn't know what your name stood for. Very Happy

Anyway, lovely voxel.

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really hate brightly schemed voxels, so I like this new Grizzly! It's not too dark at all but just right.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It needs shading with some brighter colors, on the remap also, a bit to much detail IMO, and it kinda looks a bit muddy. The Size is good #Tongue

But that's just me, 7/10.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolutelly love it.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like Oshog, I love it. It looks so muck more kickass than the current one.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen better,but,as I said,get rid of the brown and you're done #Tongue

Good job.

BTW,asking again,do you have MSN/Yahoo/Skype?Maybe we could discuss from time to time #Tongue

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can post here also version with grey (or even metal blue or combo) without brown, but look on ore miner container... Rolling Eyes

Roadwarrior wrote:
Quote:
It needs shading with some brighter colors, on the remap also, a bit to much detail IMO, and it kinda looks a bit muddy.

I hope you looked on picture which is up to date.
shading: there are some places I can brighter a bit more, but there's still danger of crapness.

A bit too much detail? Huh? I know it's detailish, but it's not pixelated.

muddy:

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree with Dny, it looks a bit dark, other than that good work!! Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both the cameo and the voxel are top notch.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have uploaded new version with slightly brighter colours on top places. Wink

@Deformat: I have ICQ, but I plan to create my QiP and maybe Skype account.

BTW, now I have to remember 20 passwords...

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What i meant was that the colors kinda blurred together. The new one is much better.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You were right.
Also this happened when I forgot that TS normals are darker than RA2 ones and visually more close to each other (less contrast),
so the brightest metalic colour was the #90 (the voxel with RA2 normals glows if if the colour is brighter than 87).

The other problem is the balance:

too blurry/toony--------------optimal--------------pixelated

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

partyzanPaulZy wrote:
BTW, now I have to remember 20 passwords...

Maybe KeePass is a useful tool for you. Wink Then you only have to remember one password.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I will think about it.

BTW, what are the criterias for spotlight? Rolling Eyes

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make it a shade lighter, and I think it's worth spotlight!

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile May be a good replacement, although it is rather dark...

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have brighten it up again.

Is it bright enough now or still too dark?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*bump*

So how, is it bright enough or still too dark?
(I really want to know it.) Confused

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it might need to be brighter by one or two more colors.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dunno it looks a little too gritty to be an allied tank, their stuff usually looks too clean for their own good (maybe that's why they suck so hard?) anywho, i think the amount of detail gives it a "dirty" look ingame, but if you're planning on releasing other voxels following the guidelines you just applied, then i bid you good luck and i do await more Wink

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably too, I meant brown colours should represent dirt, but grey shades and details can look dirty in the result.

Updated:

versions:

current standard version:

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight this ffs.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone else? #Sleep

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better IMO.

Spotli-Wait whats that neon blue stripe above/on the treads on the S view?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's one of many reasons why I used TS normals on this voxel: neon lights...

I found and fixed one bug which happened during last edit (weaker kind of black dots syndrome), otherwise it seems to be finished, just tell me, I will fix if there is something wrong.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it's not good enough for spotlight? Confused
(I promise, I won't bump this topic again)

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i say spotlight

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I concur.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

partyzanPaulZy wrote:
Probably too, I meant brown colours should represent dirt, but grey shades and details can look dirty in the result.

Updated:

versions:

current standard version:

Its look great and the use of TS normals work, but it doesn't really fit RA2 with its dull and dark design.

The cameo is great too. Its always good to see more people that can turn voxels into RA2-style cameos. If you want to make it fit RA2 better, increase the contrast and brightness of the lit faces (see the original Grizzly cameo) and make that antenna stick out less.

(spotlight, nonetheless)

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spotlight is crap!
it´s worth nothing since stuff gets spotlighted that does not deserve it...

but to tell the truth, if the spotlight-forum wasn´t that crap-filled, then your voxel should be spotlighted.

it maybe doenst´t really fit RA2-voxels but if you plan to replace westwoods crapy voxels it doenst really matter.

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
stuff gets spotlighted that does not deserve it...

True. And truth hurts :p

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spotlighted, upon request.

If anyone sees stuff they think shouldn't be spotlighted, let me know and I'll take a look

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
If anyone sees stuff they think shouldn't be spotlighted, let me know and I'll take a look

You can start by looking at page 3. Yes, some of those voxels were great when they were made, but like the editors and voxel artists have improved, spotlight doesn't or shouldn't stay in one place, if you understand what I mean.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats to partyzanPaulZy for his voxel being spotlighted Very Happy

GUEST!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont understand sh*t from the zip, which one is the version2 with TS Normals?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They have all TS normals, greyer version is grizzg, metalic blue is grizzmb,
normal (with brown parts) is just grizz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!