Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C4 Questions Thread
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject:  C&C4 Questions Thread
Subject description: Requests for questions YOU would like me to ask the folks at CommandCom.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys,

Firstly, unbelievably huge apologies for not being online more. A combination of being ill (not swine flu, yet.. I personally expect to get that 2 days before I'm due to fly.. sod's law.) and working huge amounts of hours, and trying to organise the last of my trip.

However, I promise to be on at least once a day (with the exception of saturday) before I fly off to Germany, so I will most definitely be around from now on.

I intend on getting as much info and pics as I can from the event, so I can write as thorough a report as I can. Now, I'm the representative for all of you guys here, so its my job to speak for you all. This thread is here for you to speak to me, to speak to EA. From PPM, to me, to Kane.

I don't want any comments about how "you know that C&C4 will be suck more than a sucker fish". I just want questions, and things you'd actually like to know, here. You want to bash the crap out of it, do so in the other thread I've setup. HERE
And maybe I'll be able to convert those rants into realistic questions to ask the guys at the event.

Ask away guys! Once we've compiled a list, we can work out what are the more important questions to ask.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Will C&C4 feature any Tiberium lifeforms, or is it all just a big bunch of self-replicating crystals again?
2. What's with all the walkers? Didn't GDI refuse to develop this concept further, excluding the Juggernaut? Yet we see more mechs than C&C3 ever had: the Crawler, Titan, Mammoth Mark II(I?) and their Nod counterparts. Don't get me wrong, I personally have nothing against walkers.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will Tiberium be used again as the main resource used by all the factions or will there be a new resource system?

Will there be heroes(e.g. Tanya,Boris,etc.)?

Will there be more low-tech units?

Will there be new Tiberium lifeforms?

Will there be Kane special missions(e.g.Saving him from being lalalalla)?

That's all for now.

EDIT:Oi!Crimsonum,that's MY question!

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey muldrake, lets meet if you are in my homeland then Very Happy

the only question i have , how is your general feel for cnc 4?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry: are they still in the game?

Superweapons: still in the game, and if so, where are they activated from?

Will there be an option to disable superweapons (if available) before you start the battle?

Will the AI be as changeable as in TW (easy/medium/hard/brutal and which tactics the AI will use (Turtle/Rush/Balanced))?

Map editor: when do we get it?

And most important: modability? Do we get an SDK on release (if we even get one), or must we wait until several months after release?

Will post more when I have more...

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A different question to ask if you could Muldrake:

Does EA look at prominent RA2/TS mods to feature such as Reign of Steel, Robot Storm, D-Day etc and if possible if we could showcase them. I see C&C3/KW/RA3 mods featured but most are just art sketches, incomplete models and so on, whereas RA2 mods have a lot more progress especially graphically but seem to be relatively ignored.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All questions have been added to my list. Please keep them coming.

Blubb: I was thinking the same! However, I have no idea how much time I'll have available. If you can get to Cologne, I'd absolutely love to meet up with you!
I'll answer my thoughts on the game so far in the other thread, I'd prefer to keep this one as clean as possible with just questions.

Elerium: I will add it to the list. While it will undoubtedly be centralised on C&C4, I'll be pestering Apoc with community related stuff also.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1: Does EALA still have Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun betas? What about FMVs in uncompressed quality?

2: Will Tiberian Sun be released as freeware for its 10th birthday?

3: Is there any Warpath: Jurassic Park or Trespasser: Jurassic Park left around? Razz (Both were EA/Dreamworks games before the formation of EALA)

psst its a Pleco, not a sucker fish

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1: no they have not and if they had they won't give it away or release it anyway.
but as i said they have not.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay this is my list of stuff so far. If you want to add to it, say here. You've got 2 days before I go. Make the most of it.

C&C4 Questions:
How is the AI established? Will it be as defined as in C&C3?
What are, if any, the plans for Mod SDK and Map Editor?
How flexible will it be to make small modifications, like changing the pop cap?
How is tiberium approached in this game? Both in gameplay and explanation.
More information on the Tiberium Control Network
How intensive will the internet requirements be on the game? What happens when the servers go down?
Will heroes be ingame (Kane himself)?
Will units have special abilities? What micromanagement will they have, if any?

C&C4 Ingame Observations:
Are infantry still in the game?
Are superweapons in the game, if so, in what form?
Will there be new Tiberium Lifeforms and Plantlife?
Investigate Pathfinding - Has it been improved?
How does the new build logic play? Is the support class enough for the retro fans?
Map design

Community/General C&C Questions:
Does EA look at prominent TS/RA2 mods to be featured by them?
Many have further progress than C&C3/RA3 mods, but get little notice.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you plan to include game modes as in YR? Such as Capture the Flag, etc.
How long will the campaign be?
According to articles, the Crawler can be respawned only in your own zone. Is this zone changeable during the game, or is it always predefined?
Will there be tech buildings?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Many have further progress than C&C3/RA3 mods, but get little notice.

I support this one. Can't really care for C&C4.

Okay, I have one:

Did EA's C&C4 storyline writers study all aspects of pre-C&C3 tiberian storyline carefully enough to write a satisfying conclusion of the series?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA could really care less for anything below C&C3.

I got a question:

How will they make gameplay appealing for us that are slow clickers?

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Will there be any new focus on a specific niche in RTS e.g. One man army missions.

2. Will there be a similar partner AI to help in missions to that in RA3.

3. Why did you let the community help you with a name for C&C4 , you run out of ideas?

4. Will there be space warfare?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-paradox

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will Orca style craft return?
Will infantry be useful?
Will there be unit production structures?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, you asked, and the team gratiously answered!

I'll post these up to help satisfy people while I still compose my report on the event and the game.

C&C4 Questions:
The AI will be very adaptable, such that it can work and change to your tactics if you change from one Crawler type to another. It has even needed to be tamed because it was too good in places. I am unsure if there will be AI variants like in C&C3, but its very plausible.

What are, if any, the plans for Mod SDK and Map Editor? Apoc and the guys couldn't speak about that, as I think it was simply too early. But they have been pushing for one.

How flexible will it be to make small modifications, like changing the pop cap?
This can be tied up to the previous question.

How is tiberium approached in this game? Both in gameplay and explanation.
Tiberium is mostly controlled thanks to the new network of nodes. So it won't be as wide spread as it previously was. That said, there are still areas ravaged by Tiberium. Although not ingame yet, there are concepts and plans for Tiberium Fauna and Flora.

More information on the Tiberium Control Network
I couldn't get much more information on the TCN, as I think its tied in a lot to the story, which was tried to be kept a bit hidden. But its a combination of GDI and Nod working together. To capture them/utilise them, you need special trucks to move and capture them. Each node can have 4 trucks.

How intensive will the internet requirements be on the game? What happens when the servers go down?
There was a lot of discussion about this and the community guys made sure this was heavily brought up. Its still being looked into, for the continual internet requirements, but they are looking into options for offline play. Hopefully know more later.

Will heroes be ingame (Kane himself)?
Afraid not.

Some units will have special abilities, some will have multiple ones. How they will be used ingame will depend, some are passive effects, others not. Examples are things like Nod Spider Tanks being able to burrow, and avenger Tanks deploying mines when it dies.

C&C4 Ingame Observations:
Are infantry still in the game?

Yes, but are currently restricted to the Defense class.

Are superweapons in the game, if so, in what form?
Yes, they are shared between the Defense and Support classes. How they will work it is unsure, as they aren't really ingame yet. However Jason did mention some which will "charge up", and can be fired to different powers of charge.

Will there be new Tiberium Lifeforms and Plantlife?
Yes, see above answer. Although ingame only Visceroids were seen. (Under mutant control).

Investigate Pathfinding - Has it been improved?
Pathfinding has apparently been improved, and is being continually improved throughout the game development. I came across a few issues, namely with the hovering engineer around cliffs. But for the most part, I didn't notice issues with normal units.

How does the new build logic play? Is the support class enough for the retro fans?
The defense class is the one for base building, and I can't really speak much for it, as I didn't get to experience it, but from the sounds of it, it could be good. I think the whole logic of the game is to work together with the different parts of each side, and that has the possibility to be brilliant fun.
The support class was only recently included in the beta we tested, as a result were not balanced yet.

Map design
Admittedly the map I played for singleplayer was very symetrical, which was a huge disappointment. However the map was very well done. And had a brilliant atmosphere. I would describe it as the way yellow zones should have been done in TW. The spit-roasting visceroids were a nice touch..

Community/General C&C Questions:

APOC and 2POC are trying to include as many mods as possible for spotlight, but its pretty hard to track them all over so many games. The answer they said is pretty simple. They are happy to promote these mods, but you need to help with the promotion. If you want your mod spotlighted, email 2POC with details of it, so he can spotlight it. If you want your mod spotlighted, you have to go out and sell it! And this was agreed upon with other community representatives there.. if you want your mod publicised, then go out to the moderators of the community sites and tell them about your mod, include pics, and most will post up the news.

Hopefully that answers some/most of your questions for now.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
[..]If you want your mod spotlighted, email 2POC with details of it, so he can spotlight it. If you want your mod spotlighted, you have to go out and sell it![..]

I hope Aro, TI's public relations man of the year, reads this. Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, thanks Muldrake!

Volgin wrote:
1: Does EALA still have Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun betas? What about FMVs in uncompressed quality?

A: Red tape, end off discussion.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:

C&C4 Questions:
The AI will be very adaptable, such that it can work and change to your tactics if you change from one Crawler type to another. It has even needed to be tamed because it was too good in places. I am unsure if there will be AI variants like in C&C3, but its very plausible.

I really hope there will be a way select what crawler the AI gets in skirmish/comp stomp Confused
Since the Crawler is currently selected during the gameplay (I am the only one who was reminded of the early Generals screens?), I guess theres a good chance to see AI settings like in TW (so the "Turtle AI" will only use the defense crawler or somehing like that) Smile

Quote:
Some units will have special abilities, some will have multiple ones. How they will be used ingame will depend, some are passive effects, others not. Examples are things like Nod Spider Tanks being able to burrow, and avenger Tanks deploying mines when it dies.

As far as I remeber, Tier1 units will hardly have a special abillity, but Tier 2&3 (especially for the support class) should have them Smile

I still dislike the aircrafts in CnC4 - in generals, planes needed to reload at airports and would circle over their target... in CNC4, aircrafts are basicly tanks that can travel over cliffs - Titans can even shoot at orcas Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!