Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command and Conquer: Paradox
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject:  Command and Conquer: Paradox
Subject description: A mod that will unite the two timelines of C&C and RA together.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all thankyou for letting me join this community.

I would like to introduce my mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-paradox

Command and Conquer Paradox is a revolutionary mod uniting the two runaway
timelines of Command and Conquer together for one final battle to
neutralise the Paradox! Only one timeline can survive which one do you choose?

There will be six factions for the time being:

GDI, Nod, The Allies, Scrin, Soviets and The Ants.

-----------

The reason I am showing you this today is that I am trying to get some help from as many communities as possible.

The help I require is in these forms:

-Donating models to the mod.

I am looking for as many models as possible so we can accelerate the process of getting this mod up and running. Most of our unit ideas have already been done in C&C 3 or Generals. So its simply a case of me trying to ask nicely to use models to help get my mod going.
If you are part of a mod or are the creator/owner of one please contact me via Moddb if you would be willing to donate some models.

-Project Management advice

At the moment it is me and one other person that is doing the mod. However I feel overwhelmed at times and dont know which direction to take.
At the moment I am trying to master so many things from Photoshop to 3dsMax.

I was wondering if its not too much of a bother if someone who is experienced in the mod process could act as a sort of mentor or advisor for me?

-Recruitment

I have asked around several places now but not here.

So if your interested in helping out in some way or would like to be in the team please contact me! Very Happy
Even if you know someone who is looking to doing some mod work?

---

Any other form of help would be much appreciated

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Woah! You expected us to bend over backwards or something? There isn't exactly an abundance of modellers or models here, your best bet is to check out the 3d models section in the media hut... PPM ios a more 2.5d environment #Tongue

Plus the concept of adding all the factions together in some horrendous mish mash has been done to DEATH and I mean death...

there is actually a story behind this and there will be a small campaign but this mod will be multiplayer!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, That sound's pretty cool and fun, Ima try it out if it actually looks pleasing #Tongue

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where is this media hut that you speak of?

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has been attempted literally hundreds of times, and even the first time it wasnt original.

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You shall see,

If you had read into it in any great detail you would have seen that this is a different mod altogther with different game style.

However it is not over till the fat lady sings and there isnt any fat ladies in my team or on ModDb!!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
If you had read into it in any great detail you would have seen that this is a different mod altogther with different game style.

CapturePoint style tug of war disguised as a time rift? Yeah yeah...

#Tongue Seriously, I admire your courage in trying this, but I pity your idealism in thinking it will succed. If it does good for you, if it doesn't then it wasn't entirely unforseen.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Albrecht, cut him some slack, he's probly just trying to have fun, don't ruin our reputation xD

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Listen I am all aware of the stats on mods

in how less than 40% actually make it to v1.0

However the way I am approaching this is slow but steady and just plod away at it.

Everyone has commitments however if u pace yourself then you have more to play with instead of setting a trend where people expect alot from you in a short time.

Also as an addendum.

all the positive feedback from moddb indicates that there is a demand for this kind of mod !!!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I know, the idea sounds fun :3

You have my support obviously.

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

besides this economic situation which has caused a gradutate like myself to not find a job provides me with this oppurtunity to try it out!

as i will probably never have another oppurtunity like this once i have a job, commitments etc as i get older Sad

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dood, we all face that, some way or another, good luck dood.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loosebruce wrote:
all the positive feedback from moddb indicates that there is a demand for this kind of mod !!!
Because there are those that don't actually care for games. Sure they like playing them but to those people games are just a right laugh wheres I think games should definately be taken as a serious story telling medium. I'm not talking about those guys that take the competitiveness too seriously.

Basically I love Resident Evil but I wouldnt want an all-stars game because that would just ztype it over big time. C&C has a story to tell and yet many mods don't explore that, they just waste time by gluing RA and TD together and sticking Scrin and Ants in for example. Whether or not you believe RA1 goes into TD is irrelevant because there'd never be a game with all 4 factions playable, yet they do it because they think it'd be "cool". CABAL is cool but I'd never want to play as him because that removes his powerful and mysterious essence.

Stuff like this is just "wow that was cool" and then move on, whereas real games should make you think afterwards.

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha!

ever wondered why kane was in RA1 well then my mod is a possible solution.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, topic cleaned up.

Lt Albrecht, okay you like winding people up. Thats fine, just don't do it here. Its not needed.

loosebruce, you need to not take things so seriously, alas. Maybe thats something you get from being in the community after a while. Or maybe its just this place, as some people can act as right jerks.

Volgin.. what the hell?

Simple fact to everyone: New guys on the block do not instantly equate to n00bs. So don't treat them like one. Everyone was a new guy. You treat them right, they come out right. You treat them like idiots, they'll flare up in defense, go figure. Grow some sense and respect.

Dutchy, the mods can't be everywhere at once. If stuff happens and no one has come, report the damn thing. I've asked many a time for it..

Right, moving on.

Loosebruce, welcome to PPM. Interesting mod, but the problem is, as has been said in so many words, its not a unique idea, it has been tried many a time. I admire you trying to go it, and having a backstory to whole thing, thats what I like. But be aware that many have tried, and they generally never make it to the end. There was one similar which combined TS with RA2, that was good, but it fizzled out pretty soon after release.

My advice to you with the mod. Do it if you really want to do it. Because you'll need the motivation to make it to the end. And this doesn't hold true for just your mod, but for all mods. Its just a shame to see so many come and go, and not get anywhere. Also, your buildings so far, look great. But the poly count is far too high for C&C3/RA3.

Also, PPM lacks 3D modders who are free to do much stuff with regards to C&C3 and such. Those that are here, generally are working on their own stuff. I'm not sure how much help you'll find here.

Also, you've just graduated? Science? Physics? I've just graduated from Physics in Southampton. I too am struggling for a placement afterwards. But I'm hoping for a PhD, or something in aerospace.

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Biomedical, im thinking of taking a gap year then doing a MSc in Applied Computing

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW I'm not always a jerk, it was just one of those times. Good luck.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah sure albrecht Rolling Eyes

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok ok, you got me. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Muldrake: sorry, forgot about that. But then again, I dunno whether you are here or not...

loosebruce
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive A Chevrolet Movie Thee-ater!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum