Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Aro's Abandoned Work
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject:  Aro's Abandoned Work
Subject description: Please do not ask for assets!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Over time I've started on a lot more projects than Twisted Insurrection, though I never tend to finish them and abandon them at some point for some reason. Most of my ideas are total conversions, but I tend to lose interest really easily. One of my most recent attempts was a total conversion for Yuri's Revenge me and Droke called Intoxication / TI2. It never got that far as I lost interest really quickly and me and Droke never spoke as much for a period of time slowing our teamwork. A bit of terrain, infantry, voxels, In-game GUI and animations were all replaced and added but it all went nowhere. Here's a shot of the terrain Droke and I put together for Intoxication.

This could pick up again at some point, but for now, nah. #Tongue
There are many more projects I've started and worked on over time, but never spoken about (except for maybe a few). The only one of my YR total conversion mods I ever remember posting about was Evolution, but like all the others, I lost interest. All I need is some real inspiration and a nice original idea to get me going.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you want ideas for a new mod? Is that what will you do with your abandoned work?

Or are you bragging about this awesome terrain and how it is not put to use Laughing

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Keep hold of them just in-case I decide to ever start up the old ideas again, though if I and whoever else works on these projects with me remake what we've already done, I donate them to mods, like the old Twisted Insurrection terrain went to my friends mod, but I don't even think he's going to use it anymore, if not I'll release that public.

Edit: Bah MT! You and your editing!
Anyway, I'm not asking for new ideas, that was just a statement of what gets me started. #Tongue In any case, what I said above is pretty much what I do with my work. I prefer donating them to mods than releasing things public, because that stops me seeing the same things in every god damn mod which is so ztyping annoying.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I lose interest quickly too.. never a project released from me yet. except for one small eaw mod Laughing

(I have seen that terrain before, very nice.)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent.

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a coincidence, the map I'm working on is also called Intoxication. #Tongue

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't that the name of one Aro's maps?

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro,

That terrain really resembles sand and... dunes... Dune?

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

Is it? I wonder if I should change its name then. I bet I've seen that map of Aro's somewhere and my subconsciousness is tricking me again.. :p

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q45 wrote:
Orac wrote:

Is it? I wonder if I should change its name then. I bet I've seen that map of Aro's somewhere and my subconsciousness is tricking me again.. :p

http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2751

It is, good map as well. [/url]

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro! Aww TI2! canIhazassets! ^__^ but wheres teh bloodwawa && daymins! .__.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

It is, and the name comes from a certain song Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that you are inside Intoxication!

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any body remember this stuff?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A RA2 UI?
Except of the used font it doesn't look bad.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, just another one of my abandoned projects. Razz Though those assets never went to waste, I think Allied General is using them.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The fade out effect on the star isn't clockwise nor follows any other symmetry #Tongue

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Crimsonum's fault, he designed the star.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it possible to use that star I just got a wicked idea for a new soviet logo with that star in the background!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Laughing Crimsonum's fault, he designed the star.

Actually, that would be Hyper. I only made the paint concept, but Hyper vectorized it #Tongue

Anyway, I wish there will be a day for Elysium to Rise again, or what do you think, Aro? Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, i didnt know you guys would make it final xD

What about the logo i started doing too?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
Meh, i didnt know you guys would make it final xD

What about the logo i started doing too?

Which one? There was at least three more (one was abandoned early on, I didn't like the concept myself).

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post em up!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did it had new temperate terrain? #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We didn't get that far. Although Aro had later done some terrain for Evo.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The more I see of these projects, the more I miss working on them...

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so I'm guessing thats a no on the star then :p

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Fraid so.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah no big deal I can try my own one Very Happy nice work anyways

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get Hyper to add an additional theatre to TI and have this sandy terrain become its basis in scheme.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To knock time off of a pubilc release, TI will only have one theater in the first release (that includes Interior). Maybe additional theaters will be made in future versions, it depends on whether or not me and my team still have the push to work on TI.
I'm sure I wont, I'm already growing very tired of being TI's leader. :'(.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum