Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Stingray or Tesla Tank
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Tesla Tank or Stringray?
Tesla Tank
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Stingray
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
:twisted: both
42%
 42%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 35

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject:  Stingray or Tesla Tank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I know alot of people were dissapointed when they didn't put the tesla tank ingame for the soviets, and instead opted for the stingray. So I'll ask you guys; you want it?

Tesla coils mounted on a chasis...or a boat with legs? The decision is yours, unless I decide both. I'm close to making one of them a "purchaseable unit" (generals points). They would be redundant of each other, but I'm one to give the kids more toys to play with.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both. You can spice them up with added functionality.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tank. Definitely tank. Boats don't work so good in Generals, so a tank would be more functional.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But amphibious units work fine. Not sure about the transition animation though.

The Stingray would be built from the War Factory, and it can cross any body of water.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do note that you can't have funky switch anims in Generals. From that point (and that I love it), I'd say use the Tesla Tank #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both.

Tank is faster on land...

Boat is faster on sea.

...there.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the tank. It adds that RA2 feel.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who the idiot uses gigantic electrical charging devices IN THE SEA?!?!

Fleet Captain: "Charrrge the coils! Fire!"

= Dead crew, unless whole boat is made of rubber.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tank FTW!!!

@ Crimsonum: w00t, welcome my allied #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Who the idiot uses gigantic electrical charging devices IN THE SEA?!?!

Fleet Captain: "Charrrge the coils! Fire!"

= Dead crew, unless whole boat is made of rubber.

You know what, that's actually a very good point. I always... PREsumed that it was just advanced technology... which applied to all of the Soviet boats, as to prevent friendly fire.

Yeah, having both would be cool, but I guess if I was to choose one, it would be the tank.

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm with the tank and Crimsonum. I never used the Stringray after I got the Akula and Dreadnought.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer both stingray and Tank, and i know just how to program both Stingray and Tsunami tank.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingray. Theres Tesla Tanks for the other two Soviet sides. Why the ztype do you need a -third-? Especially considering that the RA2 and RA3 ones look pretty damn similar.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tank, on land. Stingray, at sea only.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tank

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingray. Tesla Tank can be a Generals Points unit.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, this was a bump, can't believe I didn't notice it Rolling Eyes

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, this is a bump and I've already made the tesla tank model. Originally i didn't know how to make amphibious units so I went with the Tesla Tank. The stringray is possible after after all, however I am still not sure if I should add it. I'll think about it.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingray. Why the hell would you make the RA3 side more RA2?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

turns out, we will have both

thismaysting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.25 KB
 Viewed:  12405 Time(s)

thismaysting.jpg

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those legs are beyond silly...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol. Dead crew it is.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Those legs are beyond silly...

Don't blame us, we only remade what has been made #Tongue

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tank... always pick tank...

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Do note that you can't have funky switch anims in Generals. From that point (and that I love it), I'd say use the Tesla Tank #Tongue

wrong, that's a bit of messing with something called transition states: each state gets it's own transitionkey, then there a bit of new code which combines the keys and defines an animation to them, seen Rise of the Reds crusader code, or the crusader from situation Zero navy genr.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

wrong, that's a bit of messing with something called transition states: each state gets it's own transitionkey, then there a bit of new code which combines the keys and defines an animation to them, seen Rise of the Reds crusader code, or the crusader from situation Zero navy genr.

I wrote that when I didn't knew how to use the handy RotR transform codes #Tongue

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
The-Light wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

I wrote that when I didn't knew how to use the handy RotR transform codes #Tongue

I know, but just for my reference(and those who don't know it whomever they are), my laptop crashed two days ago -.- and any bit of code/knowledge stored in there is gone, so i'm tring to write down the complicated tricks to prevent me from fully losing the knowledge. Just like teh Brotherhood of Steel in thet library, saving the knowledge of a lost world(laptop in my case).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:
The-Light wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

I know, but just for my reference(and those who don't know it whomever they are), my laptop crashed two days ago -.- and any bit of code/knowledge stored in there is gone, so i'm tring to write down the complicated tricks to prevent me from fully losing the knowledge. Just like teh Brotherhood of Steel in thet library, saving the knowledge of a lost world(laptop in my case).

I thought Uni guys knew how to make proper backups #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon