Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Southern GDI HQ (SP-Map)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Maritimus
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject:  Southern GDI HQ (SP-Map)
Subject description: My first map - WIP
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ATM I am working on this map. The general idea was to have a GDI base under siege by two Nod bases. You play GDI, Nod is AI.

The map has a train system with three stations where the train stops. It is possible to store units inside. There is also a replacement train if the first one gets destroyed.

There are two Nod bases and a small GDI outpost that was captured by Nod.

While working on it, I got a bit carried away and made the GDI base bigger and bigger, and now it is freakin huge and I fear that the scenario is much too easy.

I could raise the difficulty artificially by giving Nod a endless Firestorm defense, or script attacks by Nod. The other option is to switch and let GDI be controlled by the AI while the player controlls Nod. I will think this over.

Anyway, what do you think ?

Current Minimap.png
 Description:
The current minimap. As you can see, the GDI base is huge
 Filesize:  23.66 KB
 Viewed:  2706 Time(s)

Current Minimap.png

Screenshot 4.png
 Description:
A train station
 Filesize:  889.17 KB

Screenshot 4.png

Screenshot 3.png
 Description:
The main GDI base
 Filesize:  827.38 KB

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 2.png
 Description:
Nod has captured a small GDI outpost
 Filesize:  979.73 KB

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot 1.png
 Description:
An abandoned town and the map's train
 Filesize:  992.23 KB

Screenshot 1.png

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an idea:
1. You stay GDI, AI stays Nod.
2. Make the GDI base smaller, not by removing buildings but by placing them closer together. There's enough room.
3. Give Nod a superweapon with timer, and your (optional) objective is to disable it in time. The smaller, more compact GDI base will act as a weak point here.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

point 2 makes things easier, let it big and as it is, the way the buildings are placed it's harder to control once nod made a breach through the gdi defenses, make AI more agressive and give them orders to attack more than 1 side of the base.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long stretches of undefended walls. #Tongue

Maritimus
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, thats a great idea ! simultaneous attacks from different sides are much harder to repel in a big base, because you have to spread your troups. I think I will go with the "scripted attacks" option, then.

What do you think of the map in general ? It is my first one, so I am not really sure if I'm on the right track. Where do you think should I improve it ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon