Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Empire Starting Unit
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What should the Empire's starting unit be?
MCV
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Power Plant Nanocore
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Ore Collector
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Burst Drone
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Tsunami Tank
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject:  Empire Starting Unit Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Normally, in generals each faction starts with thier dozer. So they can start building with that unit. However, the empire will be builing it's nanocores directly from the ConYard. So it doesn't have/need a dozer. The closest equivilant would be the MCV, but that deploys into the ConYard. I don't think giving them two conyards right off the bat would be very fair, considering that the player could just sell one for some extra cash (like $1250), that wouldn't seem to fair. So I've got to think of something "equal" that I could give them to match them up with the other factions. A power plant nanocore (free building right off the bat)? A tsunami tank (free unit could mean they could rush before enemy has anything to fight)? A burstdrone (cheap unit anyways, it would allow the japs to scout very early)? An ore collector (this seems interesting to me, it can be very multipurposed since it has a light machine gun, but it can also harvest. The empire's refineries cost more, take longer to build, This will defiantly help them out early, but the question is how much)?

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think they need anything, because they won't lose as much money due to their dozers being destroyed while building n' stuff.

MT wrote:
You are so worthless, not even Tiberium can grow on you.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd go for the PP nanocore. It would allow the Japanese to keep little ahead of the other factions in base-construction.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd go with either the Burst Drone or the Harvester... and I'm leaning more towards the latter, what with that machine gun and all.

EDIT: The Harvester. ztype all else. Have it air dropped in, similar to how RotR has the dozers roll out of the Command Center's production factories/garages at the start of the match.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I'd go for the PP nanocore. It would allow the Japanese to keep little ahead of the other factions in base-construction.

Agreed.

The Nanocores may have the same buildtime, but the unfurling process takes even more time, plus travel time, pathfinding, suitable location etc. #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right now, the typical nano core builds in 4 seconds, and the unfurling is fine tuned to the specific strucutre. One of the biggest advatages of the japanese in RA3 was their mobility in base construction, but really that advantage is kinda negated in Generals because Dozers are *almost* as mobile.

So i think the answer will be found after a little 1v1 testing, but anyway it goes, the japanese will be getting one kind of an advantage or another, unless we give them nothing-which might not be a disadvantage at all.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your almost is because Nanocores are amphibious #Tongue Well, I wouldn't suppose a Nanocore rush would occur, yes?

In any case...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what I meant wat that a dozer can go to one corener of a map and build something, but if he wanted to go anywhere else, he'd have to go there first, while with cores you can two cores to different places on the map at once. Although this might be evened out with the fact that you have to send the cores out everytime, while with the dozer, once you send it somewhere, it's already there.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember 0% scaffoldings can be demolished by any weapon #Tongue

Nanocore unfurling starts with 100% "HP" and un-demolishable "scaffolding" until the "HP" is 0...and it means kaboomy.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

little bump: I'm not sure if I want nanocores to be amphibious, because that would mean they'd be able to make buildigns there. As of right now, you just click the deploy button, and it turns into the building (after a period of time deploying), but the point it: You can little make the building anywhere, without regard to any geometry. On the peak of the mountain, half overlayed with another building, etc etc. So the method is buggy as of right now, but I don't want people to start building a power plant in the far corner of the sea and making impossible for someone to win.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Burst Drones. Either that or none at all. Giving a free Power Plant Nanocore would be unfair as it will give around 10 seconds of advantage, which is too much.

The Burst Drone is a better choice because:
- It is non-combat.
- It serves an essential early game purpose - scouting.
- Doesn't give too much of an advantage, compared to the others.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gonna do a quick test on starting units, but I was really considering either the burstdrone or the harvester because they wouldn't really impact the basebuilding or military strength of the early game Empire.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed, burst drone can do suicide attacks, but if with the right damagge, they won't help in the early game.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We went ahead and settled on 4 imperial warriors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon