Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Movies
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tibmaker
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject:  Movies Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Author: tibmaker
Requirements:
XCC Mixer
RAD Bink Tools
Your bink file
This is a real short tutorial of how to create movies. There are 2 movies though so you have to pick:
Intro Movie:
This only works with Yuri's Revenge because Red Alert 2's movie is on the CD but any ways you create a movie that is 800 by 600 pixels. Convert that to Bink (.bik) using Bink and Smacker. Once that is done (takes some time) then you move it to your Red Alert 2 directory. You rename that to ea_wwlogo.bik. And that is it! Play Yuri's Revenge and you will see your movie every time you play in the beginning. If you press ESC then it will skip that.
Main Menu Movie:
Now this on the other hand is compatible with both Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. For Red Alert 2 you make a movie that is 632 by 570 and convert that to bink. Then you make another one that is 472 by 450 (I would just resize your first one with bink) and save it as a different file name. Then you put both of those movies in your directory. The big one you name ra2ts_l.bik and the small one is ra2ts_s.bik. And that is how you do it with Red Alert 2. Yuri's Revenge is simpler all you have to do is take the larger one which is 632 by 570 and rename it to ra2ts_l.bik and put that in your directory.

Key Words: #Tutorials #YurisRevenge #Videos #XCCUtilities #RADBinkTools #Media 

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm, any ideas why the sound wont work if i try the intro movie one in RA2. i know the file name, westlogo.bik, but i put my file in the bink player and there is sound, but the same file in RA2, there isnt. any ideas? i need help Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
tibmaker
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

weird... it never has done that before Confused must have changed versions.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh, damn, ya know where i can get the right version????

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
scoobmiester
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mabye you are using the wrong kind of sound file

Can i have a scooby snack cause im hungry

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it is not that. RA2 uses old version of the Bink video format.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
scoobmiester
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

are you using mp3?

Can i have a scooby snack cause im hungry

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh, i figured it out. ya know the part of bink that lets you pick how lossy the sound is? set that to be whatever you want plus a one on the beginning, for example, if you want the loss to be 4, set it to 104. if you want it to be 89, make it 189. it works!

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thankyou you rocked dude! I had the same problem aswell :p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
the snake
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject:  need help in Movies01.mix & movies01.mix in RA2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello there

i have Red Alert 2 ,, but it's a cracked version, it contains both Allied and Soviet CDs in one cd ( in one setup file Wink )

anyway .. in order to make the game fit in one cd , they deleted the files which is inside Movies01.mix and Movies02.mix (the .bik movies) Sad
and made it's size: 5 Bytes each.
but in the game, when i try to play one of the movies , i click on it and the srceen goes like it's going to play the movie but it can't so the screen returns to the place where it was .. but i can c the Movies name like Operation: Red Dawn ...etc.

i want to play the game with it's movies , so i though maybe if i download the movies ( the briefing movies ) and convert them to .bik format and add them to the .mix files( Movies01.mix and Movies02.mix) ,, maybe the movies will work!

well, i downloaded the movies from Youtube and converted them to .bik format (using Bink and Smacker) and i'm completely ready to add the movies.
the only problem is the i don't know what's the name of the .bik file in Movies01.mix and Movies02.mix ( the file name like: mission1.bik )
and i looked for it in the internet , but no results Sad

so, if any one can just tell me the file names in these .mix files so i can add them and c if it'll work Smile

you can use XCC Utilities Mix Editor
ofcourse everyone knows this tool
but if u don't know anything about it, here is the home page ( http://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/ ) and here is the tool link (http://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_Utilities.exe)

plz help me with this Smile

thanks

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We don't condone piracy here. And you got them from YouTube? Are you seriously going to use that low quality crap?

Anyway. Open a map file in FA2, go to Trigger Editor, Actions. For each trigger, check out each action, if it calls for a movie, it will tell you that movie's index. Then you just open art.ini, find [Movies], and the index'th element will be that movie's filename sans the extension.

Good luck figuring out which movie should display what, though...

the snake
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well that's a hard way to get them

i don't care for the low quality .. just want it to work Smile

thankx for the help

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also RA2/YR support VQA format...

zenoniations
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still have a problem.
After convert to .bik file, while I open YR.
It hasn't sound.
Why, General?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about reading before asking. #Tongue
devin11590 wrote:
ahh, i figured it out. ya know the part of bink that lets you pick how lossy the sound is? set that to be whatever you want plus a one on the beginning, for example, if you want the loss to be 4, set it to 104. if you want it to be 89, make it 189. it works!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just used archive.org to get older versions of the RAD tools. That worked great for E:BFD.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find this the easiest way to skip the logo, just make a black 800x600 image and convert it, with one frame it runs extemely fast as if it skiped it entirely.

zenoniations
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
how about reading before asking. #Tongue
devin11590 wrote:

Heh...Thanks, Commander.
I don't notice about that.

I'm lazy to read a lot of text.
Because I'm Thai.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon