Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Russians
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject:  The Russians Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I got the Red Alert 1 Soviets. They got the following units:

Rifleman
Grenaider
Flamethrower
Engineer
Shock Trooper

Ore Miner
Heavy Tank
Mine Layer
Tesla Tank
Mad Tank
Mammoth Tank
V2 Launcher
MCV

Hind
Yak
MiG

They got a pretty solid lineup, although there are some holes in it. They do not have an early infantry capable of taking on armour and air (aka the rocket infantry), they lack an anti-infantry vehicles, and they lack a cheap anti-air vehicle.

But I believe these holes are nessecary. They have no rocket infantry, but they do have the shock trooper, which although it may not be able to shoot air units, it can't be run over. It's although a later game unit. They also have the most cost effective armor in the game, so really they should counter fire with fire in this respect.

As for anti-infantry vehicles, well this also relates to the rocket infantry because tht would be one of it's counters. However, they have some strong infantry to rely on. Their rifleman is a basic infantry, but they also have the grenaider (I think it will clear structures) the flamethrower (this could clear too) and the shock trooper could also be a good counter to infantry.

Their airfocre can also fill many of these above gaps, including the lack of an anti-air vehicle. Both the MiG and Yak can fullfill the role of anti-air, while also taking on the role of anti-infantry and anti-armor respectivly. The Hind is also a powerfull tool.

So I think in the end the Russians will be able to be roughly balanced while remaining a sense of uniqueness and play differently from the other sides. What do you guys think?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it. add Volkov as a hero unit, a walking tank basically #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But PLEASE, call him, a Cyborg. Since EVERY OTHER unit has a generic name, why not this guy? Don't follow Renegade and go all Walt Disney. Some guy posted that, made sense to me.

Yes, I realize every C&C game save the first one (RA started the trend with Tanya; simply call her a Commando!) went with this trend, but come on! There's only one of those characters, they're not supposed to die, and you can't clone them... although in RA2 that's possible. But still.

But yeah, the prototype cyborg would be cool to have.

- - -

Of course, you're missing the naval units... Very Happy

*GASP* And the attack dog! And now I remember Chitzkoi.

Very Happy

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Last edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naval is hard to do in ZH...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hence the Very Happy

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I don't exactly know if I can get fully functional naval units. I was thinking about having a support power that spawned a boat. The russians could get like the missile sub.

Volkov....lets wait until I start modelling infantry for that one.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Navy is a bit irritating to get right, but defenately not impossible, a bigger cocern is whether it is possible to blaance the navy, I mean what's GLA gonna do against a Allied Destroyer?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you'd better double check the mod. Only RA factions are gonna exist, the old Generals ones are there because the new factions have no AI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon