Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome!
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject:  Welcome! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to Tiberian Sun: Total War forum! Here you can talk anything about TS:TW which is a mod for Tiberian Sun to add new features for the game and improve its gameplay. Well, enjoy it... specially when thedvd releases the mod Wink.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its full steam ahead for TS recently, dont let us down Banshee.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

incase u havent noticed ive posted a news item on the mod at Tiberium Studios Smile

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
incase u havent noticed ive posted a news item on the mod at Tiberium Studios Smile
Thanks, buddy! I hope this new mod can, along with Final Dawn and TSR, help to reignite interest in the community a bit...

AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod will definetly bring back part of the commity(or at least me)
Beacuase most other mods that add mutants or other sides are unbalacned Razz

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying real hard do balance TSTW..

I spend far much more time just playing the mod than i spend on modding Wink

AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awww Surprised Surprised thats not fair i wann play TSTW Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad your posed to make not play evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil #evil #evil

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a) Nice mod ideas and plans!
b) Still working on this ? V1.0 ? Most posts date 2002...
c) Can you post the complete tech trees of all 4 sides? It -seems- like you're adding a lot of crap and overpowered units...
d) Firestorm will be required to play right ?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can answer for theDvd since i was a beta tester
b) yes
c) HELLO NO OVERPOWERED UNITS, they are all balanced trust me
d) nope you get the firestorm units free

AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MyTrust wrote:
i can answer for theDvd since i was a beta tester
b) yes
c) HELLO NO OVERPOWERED UNITS, they are all balanced trust me
d) nope you get the firestorm units free

well then why buy fs *goes and sell fs to some hobo for $50 (hahaha i sure screwed him)*

oh and btw could ya pm me a beta PLZZZZZZZ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Smile Smile

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking of doing a new beta very soon. It will not include the mutants as a playable side however. Since their graphics 'n stuff isn't finished

tarsus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Operation on it MOD has stopped or what???
And when the side of mutants will be completed???
Game fine has turned out! Why work has stopped??

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread is four years old!

Quote:
Why work has stopped??

Because this mod is ANCIENT.

This mod is probably NEVER to be worked on again, there won't be a new beta.

And as I said in other post, your lucky you weren't flamed by DCoder or IcySon...

tarsus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can i rip this of fashions and to pull out therefrom models of units and other elements?? Can eat special programs for this purpose?? I never was engaged modding

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wut? Laughing

tarsus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I simply wish to play in this mod and all. It was pleasant to me very much.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's done. There hasn't been activity for it in ages.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, okay. tarsus...TSTW is complete. Therefore work will not be done on this mod until...when The DVD wants it.

I do not understand what: "can i rip this of fashions and to pull out therefrom models of units and other elements?? Can eat special programs for this purpose?? I never was engaged modding" means. I will attempt to translate this into something humans can comprehend.

Translation begins now.

"Can I rip off these factions and the voxels, and other things? [sarcasm]Can I eat the programs used in making this mod?[/sarcasm] I have not modded
before."

Translation complete.

The answer is:

No. You CANNOT rip off things from another person's mod, or risk blacklist. Unless you ask for permission from the creator of the mod to UTILIZE the stuff inside.

Last edited by Destiny on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

tarsus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK
but where DVD himself ?????

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Okay, okay. tarsus...TSTW is complete. Therefore work will not be done on this mod until...when The DVD wants it.

I wouldn't call it exactly 'complete': a half working new side, imbalances, production that slows down (instead of speeding up) when having multiple factories, and some more I can't think of. And no, I ain't saying that the DVD did a bad job, it's just not finished. Maybe I should ask him if I can continue on it Laughing

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@tarsus

You could play around with the mod, its how I learned ini coding Very Happy
I fixed the mutants, and alot more, it was a great learning experiance for me... [/nostalgia]

But it must be kept private, and any alterations MUST never see the light of day EVER.

I repeat:
NEVER EVER even THINK of showing mod you altered.

And DO NOT rip anything EVER!

tarsus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks MT

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT™ wrote:
NEVER EVER even THINK of showing mod you altered.

I personally don't see why it is such a big problem to show the changes you've made to a mod, as long as you don't claim it as your own work or don't ask permission if you're going to use it in another project, all it basically is is a minor edit... #Tongue

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, correction:

You can play around and learn, but

NEVER EVER even THINK of uploading mod you altered.

(unless, the mod team is crazy and gives you permission)

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open-source? #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@tarsus:
Read this: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20962

And I don't know if The DVD has completely stopped to work on it. He actually had plans to do some additional work on it some months ago, but he posted these plans on TiberiumWeb (which is currently down).

Quote:
And as I said in other post, your lucky you weren't flamed by DCoder or IcySon...

God damn it. I need to clean up these forums urgently. It is completely infested with n00bs inspired by DCoder and Icyson flaming actions. Asking why progress was stopped in a mod is not a reason to be bashed at all.

Quote:
Posting in an epic bump thread, almost beat someone's 5-year record.

This is a useless spam paragraph that needs to be vanished from this place. It is ridiculous, imature and please, you can retract your comments from having this kind of stupid line.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It is completely infested with n00bs inspired by DCoder and Icyson flaming actions.

Pardon my asking, but please clearify if this is in anyway directed towards me... Sad

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just meant it as a joke preceding my post, it's gone in any case.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT™ wrote:
Quote:
It is completely infested with n00bs inspired by DCoder and Icyson flaming actions.

Pardon my asking, but please clearify if this is in anyway directed towards me... Sad

This is mainly at people who bashes others for bumping threads or for not understanding their bad english. You didn't bash him, but you almost thought about doing it... which is no good. There is a lot of people doing this kind of thing here, unfortunately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon