Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Dominance Loading screen. Ninja-style.
Moderators: MT
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject:  Dominance Loading screen. Ninja-style. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another one I made.

'Like I got anything else to do while waiting for the 1st day of college!!

MT edit:

Old version: -mt fixing link...-

New version:

Main Load Screen Remake.png
 Description:
New version
 Filesize:  632.39 KB
 Viewed:  16837 Time(s)

Main Load Screen Remake.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Load screen. Ninja-style. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AltomareXD wrote:
Another one I made.

'Like I got anything else to do while waiting for the 1st day of college!!
This is insane skills. I would not ever say no to something this epic.
Mind if I move this to public view?

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A++

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Load screen. Ninja-style. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT wrote:
Mind if I move this to public view?

The Master would like that very much. Very Happy

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Done. Now all can behold Cool

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Altomare, I never knew you was so good in Photoshop. #Tongue Also, earth looks a bit crap because of the water, either use a better world map image or send me a PM, I've got quite a lot of custom-made Earth's I don't plan on using anywhere.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think you can see so many stars even on the orbit, but it's really good except of that and what said Aro. Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I needs to have a border, plus the bar sticks out too much IMO.

But very good Wink

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Altomare, I never knew you was so good in Photoshop. #Tongue

Thank you! I just found the Earth somewhere and 'retouched it a little. I'm going to edit it a little because there's a very faint line on the earth; and I'll add the things others said.

Last edited by AltomareXD on Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO your Mod name get close by your Katana Bar #Tongue that using same Color [grey] make your mod name hard to read.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have been heard.

*opens up photoshop*

St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks exactly like the main menu screen from Alpha Centauri by Sid Meier. Except for the Dominance logo across the middle.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, it looks like Moon is gonna hit Earth by any second now.

(it is supposed to be a hell lot farther than that)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The stary background is monotonous. Add more colours like stars blowing up far away, distant planets and generally less stars.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Damn, it looks like Moon is gonna hit Earth by any second now.

(it is supposed to be a hell lot farther than that)

Yes, but this is more symbolic of the Democratic Earth Alliance, in a way better showing the moon is a major part of the conflict of Dominance. This connection would not be illustrated as clearly if the moon was only "a small orb in the distance" as realism would have it. No we don't intend this to be a change, the moon that close in orbit, but please endure this for the purposes of representation.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE: Removed that faint line on Earth and reduced the stars.

--image removed, moved to old post, as "old version"- -MT

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that web 2.0 banner dont fit well, feels like im play a Vista game or something #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh btw, it's a very cloudless day in Earth, it seems Razz

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good point Crim o.o

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Might I suggest some further reduction, or rather variation, of the stars? They seem far too evenly distributed... Perhaps cloud stock or render with multiply and modified levels/opacity/fill could achieve this. Also slightly desaturate the outer glows of the planets, so they seem less artificial. These things might improve it a lot.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Hkay then!

The stars... I used generate noise on two black layers with overlay on the topmost layer. So I'll put some cloud render and modify it a little??

*opens PS again*

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the clouds are to do the job of variating it, as your overlay layer at the moment merely adds some contrast. You can use levels to define how much it affects the brightness of the stars, as well as scaling it/using clone brush/eraser to create a distinct 'variation map', if you will.

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update! New version, see first post Wink

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but the moon is huge!

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know that earth is a potato...but his obvious?

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whiten up the poor Moon a little would ya? #Tongue

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice Approved

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon