Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
Feedback on v 1.3
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [62 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mikeboy
Medic

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:
Yeah, but it would need a restriction. For example: no zone troopers and commandos. (And what about Nod?)

I suppose you could give them a fist of nod (mobile war factory). Seems like it would even out, as vehicle's are more powerful, however the ORCA could go anywhere. (Being a flying vehicle).

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mikeboy wrote:

You're suggesting something like a mobile barracks, very good idea actually, but would it be codeable?

If a Rig can deploy into a Battle Base and a MCV into a Con Yard, a Kodiak could sort of deploy into an infantry production structure. its deploy animation could be as simple as just landing like the Drone Ship.

Design-wise I think something like that aircraft from the Tiberium trailer might be suitable:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/865/picture1kww.png

Kodiak to me doesn't really give off that mobile barracks vibe.

The white lady~!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kodiak as mobile barracks with garrison able slot and maybe some extra weaponry and abilities. That sound interesting and yeah, I would like to see such unit under my command just because i like its design and also because we got no real chance to control it in TS (i don't count that mission when its grounded by ion storm).

I like that idea to have Kodiak in game and as far as i'm concern its possible to code it as mobile barrack or mobile command center with some abilities, but this going to be real challenge of my modeling skills.

This is not firs time i'm thinking about Kodiak in my mod, but if that ever happen ... well time will tell.

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, boss? back to work for me.

I could have sworn i made changes to some of those text entries that otherwise don't seem to be applied

plus, ive found some errors (ex: Medics need the Airfield, not the Air Tower, for GDI air transport)

i'll need a way to access the text files again, or rather if you have the copy of it...

But, from what I've seen...

1. Gun barrels on GDI Vulcan Cannon don't spin
2. Rounds come out of only one gun system (the right gatling gun) on the GDI Vulcan Cannon Tower
3. I imagine it was the intention to make the GDI sniper team a pair of snipers instead of 1 sniper and 1 spotter, so I'll let that go.
4. Sniper team unit picture wears a helmet, but on the in-game map, the team snipers wear boonie hats. One or the other has to be changed.
5. Any way we can make the sniper team members face each other as they speak?
6. Can we make an animation for the Medic to execute when he is healing friendly soldiers?
7. We still have an issue with Ox Transports becoming controllable units when they are called in for an air transport, but forcibly ordered to move before the pickup is completed.
8. Great idea with the Predator coax Gatling Gun! But can we make it spin, and increase the rounds per burst?
9. The Commando Hold Ground stance is not working. With enemies not even close to him, he is continually moving to destroy weaponized defensive buildings such as SAM Sites.
10. As the Dropship Comand structure is being constructed, if a Crane is available, a second can be built at the same time.
11. Are we considering applying the AP Ammo upgrade to Riflemen as well?
12. GDI Construction Yards are still providing radar until the Command Center is built, at which time if the power goes down or the Command Center is taken offline, radar is disabled.
13. Mutant Rocket Squads can only call in Nod Carryalls as air transports, even if the player is GDI, and thus if the player is GDI, he is unable to transport Mutant rocket Squads via air transport. Let's make this easier and disable air transportation of mutants altogether, as they are distrusting of all sides.
14. Ghostalker's muzzle flash is still exploding in the center of the model, not at the tip of the railgun. In fact, since a railgun does not rely on ballistic explosive powder, he should not produce a muzzle flash at all!
15. Ghoststalker's rail gun rate-of-fire should probably be decreased, especially considering the amount of damage he dishes out with every shot.
16. Ghostalker should stop responding with "Where to?" as well as other audio announcements originally made by Slavik, as Slavik is, well, dead. :'(
17. After constructing the Disruptor, I noticed my GDI War Factory bay door remained stuck open...until another vehicle was constructed afterwards.
18. When the Ox Transport picks up a Wolverine, the Ox does not contain a universal container mounted to its underbelly, and the Wolverine disappears inside the Ox as though it were an infantry unit instead of being attached to the underside.
19. Juggernaut sniper bombardment is still only 1 round fired at a time, and even then, the round does not come out in line with the barrel.
20. GDI symbol on the right side of the Mammoth Mk. II is facing the wrong direction. It should face towards the front of the vehicle, to represent the eagle charging forward into battle.
21. Titan railgun still recoils with every shot. A railgun does not produce a ballistic muzzle blast, and thus recoil is inaccurate. On this note, is there any way we can stop the Mammoth Tank's railguns from recoiling too?
22. Battle Base railguns fire before they fully traverse to aim at the target, and even then, the railgun rounds do not emerge from the barrels in the same direction as the barrels are facing when trained on the target.
23. Now that we're beginning to remodel units, can we please put some armor plates over the Predator's treads? Exposing them made no sense to me.
24. Ion Cannon damage is still being applied too late following the Ion Cannon blast.
25. Not too wild about using the Aurora Bomber voice for the Orca Bomber

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

White Wolf wrote:
In fact, since a railgun does not rely on ballistic explosive powder, he should not produce a muzzle flash at all!

Neither should the railgun do any of that stuff we're seeing in C&C 3 (or Essence for that matter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1q_rRicAwI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9GvZrl-1A&feature=related

Ghost Stalker's Railgun attack shouldn't be all that different visually from a sniper. The main difference would probably be the speed of the projectile, probably sped up by several orders of magnitude, and a visible explosion on the target if it's a vehicle/building (a soldier would likely be blown to pieces. Carnous can use the death fx for when troops get Buzzer'ed)

The white lady~!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for bumping but this is a feedback tread, I haven't played it that much to say much but I want to point out that like 5 minutes into the GDI Sarajevo mission I was almost totally killed by a Cyborg Commando, I guess mods don't flow to nicely with the campaign but if you deem it a problem I though I'd let you know about it.

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: New Bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, fellas? I got a new bug here.

After the Rail Gun upgrade is researched, if the Battle Base is packed up, then unpacked later, the rail guns and the standard ballistic cannons will be shown on the Battle Base, and the cannons will be unable to fire momentarily.

We should see if we can get just the Rail Guns to appear and fire.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will try to fix that then.

-=CHAOS=-
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Repair Drones from the Nod Outpost (deployed Emissary) muss be changed, you use the repair Drones from the GDI.

ripper
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if this has been pointed out before. The planetary Assault ships once turned off lightning they can not be reactivated. I think it is because they have lightning on and you move them they turn off. But they cannot go back on lightning once the have stopped.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ripper wrote:
Not sure if this has been pointed out before. The planetary Assault ships once turned off lightning they can not be reactivated. I think it is because they have lightning on and you move them they turn off. But they cannot go back on lightning once the have stopped.

It has to "reload" this power then iirc...

ripper
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ripper wrote:

This does not happen all the time. I know there is a reload time. But once that is up the ships will not turn onto lightning at all for the rest of the game. Clicking on them individually does not work either. My friends when we play experience the same problems. However there are games when we play that this does not happen. But when it does it happens to any of us that plays Scrin.
Also Nod harvesters have a serious problem of stopping what they are doing and just sit there not doing anything for the entire game. You have to force move them and still many times they just sit there.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon