Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OSVV
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject:  OSVV Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man I know I did everything right. even double checked everything. Uninstalled and reinstalled, redownloaded file to make sure nothing was missing. Restarted computer. It's installed in right directory also, and every other c&c tool in the same folder works just fine, and it worked for me before, but....

VoxelViewer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.16 KB
 Viewed:  5396 Time(s)

VoxelViewer.png

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You shouldn't place all C&C tools in the same folder.

Anyway, what's your video card? and O.S.?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well even though my vid card and os is not the problem, because it worked fine last time I had it installed on same comp they are...

Win XP SP2
NVidia GeForce FX 5800
2 GB Ram

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then try to install it in a different place.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried giving it it's own folder and directory, but same thing. Error initializing engine. I guess the only thing left to do is run my registry cleaner. I've tried everything else I think.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you know which version worked fine last time?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was the newest version I had working before and I have run out of idea's on this problem. Maybe it just dont like me anymore Laughing I've tried everything I could think of, so something else outside of my knowledge is preventing this from running. What about AntiVirus software? could that prevent it from running? if not got any other ideas for it?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, I doubt we could blame the anti-virus.

The program gives this message due to one of the following reasons:

1) It couldn't find the palette (unitem.pal)
2) OpenGL could not be initialized.

Sometimes the second option may happen in computers that were suspended or hibernated after the last shutdown/reset.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some time ago I had this wierd problem with one of Banshees voxels tool(dont remember which one). I had to reinstall it to D:/ otherwise it would work. It was a easy problem but took long to figure out Mad
I got it when I accidentally removed the palette

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, I've already tried the uninstall/reinstall thing. Tried different directory's, checked and made sure the palettes are there, and a dozen more things, but sadly to say I still cannot get it to initialize. Is there an older version around here that I can download and try?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally got it to work, hallelujah! The problem was an out dated driver for my video card, it wasnt allowing open source to function correctly. I updated driver and now working fine.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for posting the solution for your problem here. I'll recommend people to update the drivers more often when someone else reports it again #Tongue. (which happened quite often in the recent months)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum