Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
[FS] A City Consumed (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject:  [FS] A City Consumed (2-4)
Subject description: a new map here for the new years.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so....here's a map for you all to enjoy once your hangover is over...

EDIT: Forgot to remove the reveal map trigger that we typically use for pic taking without the shroud. Went and took the trigger out and re-uploaded...sorry about that. (Though i suppose anyone with finalsun could just easily go in and click disable or remove it themselves or even in notepad they could do that) Thanks ionstorm66 for letting me know.

Map Info:
Name: A City Consumed (2-4)
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 100x100
Players: 2-4
Theatre: Temperate
Info: This city doomed by the tiberium that surrounds it has made for the perfect spot to harvest the plentiful tiberium.
The region is great for 2v2 battles or free for all. There is plenty of build room for full tech battles and should be more than enough tiberium to make your armies rich. There are quite a few triggers put into the map such as day/night loops, evacuation for the civilians, and various other stuff concerning tiberium life.

Story: The City once known as Strishnin suddenly found itself closed in by tiberium. In fear they turned to GDI for help. Now, as commanders of both GDI and Nod reach the city limits, GDI is sending out evacuation transports for the civilians left alive. The only path left for this is city is to be consumed by tiberium and war.

Pics: (now in higher resolution...so bigger...)

the mini map

a random area just on the edge of a start location

a tiberium pit

the vein hole area

the ion storm lighting...

A City Consumed (2-4).zip
 Description:
map 28 without the reveal all trigger. lol sorry

Download
 Filename:  A City Consumed (2-4).zip
 Filesize:  195.67 KB
 Downloaded:  379 Time(s)

Last edited by Ixith on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tiberium crystals/fona/lifeforms are perfect: excellent lighting in these patches, natural hills, random patches. The triggers also sound promising.

The last screenshot, however, is a bit too bright.

I really like this map!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude. You're like the only mapper who's managed to make unittem stuff NOT look like shit while using bizarre lighting. What is your trick? Its amazing. No, really, it is. Every map with fancy lighting has the unittem stuff looking BAD, but the artillery looks like it fits in PERFECTLY with the green!

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything looks great so far, another superb map.

ionstorm66
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice map. I love the timed meteor storms in the tib fields. You left the reveal map trigger on so my buddy and I had to play with fog of war on. 10/10

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ionstorm66 wrote:
Very nice map. I love the timed meteor storms in the tib fields. You left the reveal map trigger on so my buddy and I had to play with fog of war on. 10/10

bah! i knew i was forgetting to do something! Thanks! i went and removed the trigger and re-uploaded it all. so now it shouldn't have it.

@volgin...well the arties stuck out a bit but i believe the following probably helped out with that:

Code:
[AudioVisual]
ExtraUnitLight=0
ExtraAircraftLight=0
ExtraInfantryLight=0

although when i went to look in the map file in wordpad for that i saw that somehow it got mixed in with the negative red lamp stuff. =/ i suppose it still all works though.
I believe the normal values used on those in the rules.ini file are 0.2.
the only other thing would be that my general ambient light setting isn't too high or low. (and I may have used the ground lighting which is essentially another ambient value)

that last ingame screen shot is the ion storm lighting at the highest part of the day/night loop. ion storm lighting generally turns all other invisible lamps to just normal light so that makes it seem even brighter.
I also found it harder to be picky about my lighting values now because i have this new laptop which has better contrast and brightness than my old PC monitor so i have to try to adjust to that.

anyways thanks for the comments guys. (PS don't forget about TiberianFuture's SP map he posted up. Wouldn't want that to get buried without it getting any attention)

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixith wrote:
...that last ingame screen shot is the ion storm lighting at the highest part of the day/night loop. ion storm lighting generally turns all other invisible lamps to just normal light so that makes it seem even brighter...

Oh, I missed that. In that case the lighting is normal for the map conditions at that moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon