Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mind Control
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject:  Mind Control Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't looked into this one at all yet, so I'm just throwing this out there: Anyone know of an instance where someone has acoomplished this?

The instances of changing owner I can think of is when you do it by a map script, a hijacker, and having an infantry enter a neutral vehicle.

I've heard of people referencing some like super weapon that they took out that I think changed the owner, like something similair to the leaflet drop, but again I've yet to look into this. Anyone have any leads?

Oh wait! Can't Black lotus "hack" vehicles?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...they can disable them. I dunno 'bout giving them a neutron weapon or spawning a hijacker, lmao.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Without any knowledge of the subject, I'm just going to throw this out here:
Can you make a projectile hijack? I mean, could you get the unit to fire a lightning fast, invisible projectile which hijacks on impact?
Quote:

Oh wait! Can't Black lotus "hack" vehicles?

Yes. If that works, forget my ill-thought-out idea.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're gonna have to look at the Hijacker's codes and such...

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make the mind control as a weapon, give it an invisible projectile and a very fast weapon speed. Put the ConvertToHijackedVehicleCrateCollide module into the projectile. I heard this works, but I never tried it myself before.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, that looks like it will defiantly convert the side that a unit is on, but will it revert back when the Yuri guy is killed?

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It won't, and I don't think if there is a way to do that. Using the Hijacker logic will also give other problems, like there is no limit to how many units Yuri can capture, so the only thing you can do to compensate is give the weapon a long reload time.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking at Mindcontrol for a long time, and there's two sort of idea directions:

1 Kill pilot and spawning (inside)infantry unit to capture.
or
2 something like TNT from tankhunter, cause you can limit the amount of special objects, and reverses when Yuri dies, but how to actually accomplish this?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw a paralyzed type called "brainwashed" in a list I got off the internet of modules and type lists. Perhaps there is something to this.

What mind control does is essences is:
The enemy has a unit
You prevent that unit from working for the enemy
You make that unit work for you instead.
When your mind cotnrol unit dies, the unit is returned to the enemy.

We can defiantly make units which EMP/Disable things, and that would get us halfway through the concept, however the entire 'switch sides' and back this is a little tricky. It may sound lame, but if worse comes to worse me might have a faction based around EMPing enemy vehicles.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried giving a faction EMP weapons, the result is defenately not useful or positive, simply because as soon as they do normal damage to they'll be hugely overpowered.

Came up with another idea: MindControl up to a certain range, it works with Conditions: Conyard has condition A, when a Yuri emits condition B at an object he'll capture it, as soon as Condition B is no longer applied, condition A recaptures the object. Don't ask me more about it, this is a bit to complex at the moment.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the Defector General Power??

It causes a unit to switch to you through "sheer shock and awe" that would solve the.. switching sides part.. but.. the Returning it might be tricky

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that ain't a bad idea for a Gen Power. Problem is, it's possible over whole the map, instead of being limited to the reach of Yuri Clones/Psy Towers...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon