Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
What do you think of Tiberian Sun Retro v1.21 ?
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [71 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2

What do you think of Tiberian Sun Retro v1.21 ?
Best mod ive ever played!
21%
 21%  [ 20 ]
Very Good
40%
 40%  [ 38 ]
Good
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Average
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Very Bad
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Absolute piece of crap!
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 95

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know how you can not like this mod its realy well done im a huge fan of the particle systems they rule espaecial the ion cannon one i am yet to see the chem missile one but i think it must be spectacular

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol i did that ion cannon particle...Laughing

I've made a better one though.. (SMIFF are u hearing me? Wink)

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

better one? oooh ahhh like a huge firework with more deadlyness?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More realistic...

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont like realistic its boring but we will see anyhow what u got planned for da chem missile? i saw a screenie that looked promising

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Good, but there are some anoying things.

1) there shud be no sound when you click on a building.
2) shud be no background noise when you tell a unit where to go. for example the titan you can hear a little noise that sounds like it's feet.
3)The cameos shouldn't have been changed.
4)the missions are slightly different. The first nod mission can't now find 3rd part of cabal's core.

Overall very good.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Building sounds and background noise in unit voices makes the game feel much more alive, I don't see why you want them removed.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And they're one of the main focusses of the mod.

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played TSR and I can't say I liked it.
Game is still too slow and lacks opportunities to create quick breakthrough (the weapon damages are far too low), for example I can't send a single rocket infantry to kill a harvester, but I need a horde of them.
Same for other units, it's impossible to destroy anything quickly enough to make hit and run tactics usable (thus units like stealth tank, recon bike or orca fighter are practically useless).
Only way to victory is to accumulate ridiculous amounts of units and destroy the enemy in a brutal slugfest.
Not bad for TS, but this style of playing is really not my cup of tea, so I voted "very bad".

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is simply the best mod for tiberian sun i have ever played and it is how tiberian sun should have been. Keep up the good work! you still need to make gdi's retro units!  Very Happy

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like TSR,Smiff,you know this,but..it does have some things that bother me. like the animations..the..god damn zillions of them.(not that this is a bad thing.),but when you play online,it seems to lag,then again,i was on Aurora,and i do have 56k. and the sounds....i dont see the point in a disruptor having like..3 alternate sounds...it just seems like a waste of time/size.(especially since the next vers of TSR's going to be huge...)Oh,and the RA engie's voice sucks ass,seriously.

Illyrian
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it sucks

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats not an answer. If you think it sucks, you say why it sucks.
And I'd like to see you make up a mod by yourself which you would consider better.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the mod but i think that the weapon damages are a bit low...
The RA engie's voice is really good, keep it Very Happy

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

VW x frt
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Illyrian wrote:
it sucks

Sorry mate,  Sad  not to blam you off but... i agree... it sucks! Rolling Eyes

Thanks to LazerAce7 for the kick-@$$ sig and avatar Smile
MSN Name: fridrikur@hotmail.com
People... i need help for TS Flying Blood.. add me at msn if u wan't to help

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA1 engie sounds like some ztyping stoner. get rid of it.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to bump this topic its a damn old topic but i feel i need to say this

fix the titan the speed it too high and the damage is too low personaly most of the units in your mod are overrated if you want these weak pathic units mak'em cheaper its not worth the time to build at TS costs at lowered proformace... dew to the fact all the units lack proformce i give this TSR a rateing of crap

please try to plan your mod and make sure its at least a little realistic in this area

in general the idea is not bad ...just needs a little work.

thank you for lisiening

ShadowLord
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well its all good in my mind, but there is BIG problem, I downloaded your mod on the TSR website but there was no sound for the new/improved units.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, never seen this topic, sorry for being late on my opinion, but Kick ass mod. B33r for ya m8. Wink

UnreasonableToilet
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod kind of sucks. There's a reason why Red Alert and Tiberian sun are separate games. And there's a reason why there's separate stuff between the two.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fail troll is fail.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon