Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Singleplayer map help
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject:  Singleplayer map help
Subject description: I suck at this...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have created 2 singleplayer maps, and after i complete the first one how do i play the second one? (FS)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to Edit > Basic and in the Next Scenario box type in the name of your second map there.
EG: gdi1a - NextScenario=gdi2a.map

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have tried that... but still no luck

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are the filenames of both of your maps? If editing the Basic section in FinalSun doesn't work for you, open your map up in a Text editor, scroll down to [Basic] and edit it from there. It does work so you must of entered the maps file name wrong or something.

ima.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.59 KB
 Viewed:  8408 Time(s)

ima.JPG

Last edited by Aro on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kk will try.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope... didnt work... the names are NOD1A.map and NOD2A.map unable to initiate map selection

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You said this was for firestorm, right? Aren't firestorm mission map filenames fsnod01.map fsgdi01.map or something similar? Confused nod1a.map and nod2a.map would be filenames for Tiberian Sun.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i used battlefs.ini from expand01.mix to create a third campaign, and i tried fsnod01.map and fsnod02.map before i found battlefs.ini and that didnt work either.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't enable additional campaigns in Firestorm, only Tiberian Sun.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did... it worked...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I know it's only possible to add 2+ campaigns to battle.ini, but only the original 2 in battlefs.ini. Also note that AddonNeeded (Under BASIC section) should have '1' as it's parameter for any firestorm map. Send me your maps and I'll take a look for you.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at this...

3 Campaigns in FS.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.48 KB
 Viewed:  8382 Time(s)

3 Campaigns in FS.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What codes have you set in battlefs.ini then? What happens if you try a different filename for the maps other than NOD1A.map and NOD2A.map? Try something like nodne1a.map and nodne2a.map.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are my maps...

NOD2A.map
 Description:
second

Download
 Filename:  NOD2A.map
 Filesize:  128.54 KB
 Downloaded:  197 Time(s)

NOD1A.map
 Description:
first

Download
 Filename:  NOD1A.map
 Filesize:  65.41 KB
 Downloaded:  193 Time(s)

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, the first one might not work for you.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm confused here, I can't see what you've done wrong. Post up your battlefs.ini and mission1.ini codes.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here they are, probably something with mission1.ini

battlefs.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  battlefs.ini
 Filesize:  391 Bytes
 Downloaded:  194 Time(s)

mission1.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mission1.ini
 Filesize:  12.53 KB
 Downloaded:  194 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[NODFS2]
Description=Act 3: Brotherhood of Nod Campaign - The New Era
Scenario=NODnae1.MAP
CD=2
RequiredAddon=1

Code:
[nodnae1.MAP]
Name=NOD 01:Operation Reboot
Briefing=NODNAE1

Capitalize NODae1.MAP so its NODAE1.MAP.
I'm still almost certain that this is something to do with Firestorm not allowing additional campaigns, what happens if you try these as an additional campaign in TS instead? Do you still get the same problem?

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will try... sec

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no luck there

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you try these in Tiberian Sun or not? Obviously with FS content removed.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, i tried in normal TS... but doesnt matter with the FS units because theyre from a mod. and it didnt work. unable to initiate

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea where your problem lies then. If you've tried everything I've suggested and it's all failed then I just have no clue cause the maps Basic Dialog's are fine. The first map plays perfectly fine, correct? Then as you get onto the second mission it's unable to read scenario? It could possibly be a corrupt map if nothing else.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone have created 2 singleplayer maps and is not having this problem, can you help me?

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I run into this problem a while ago and came into conclusion that additional campaigns can have only 1 mission; second mission won't play Sad

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought as much, I did tell you that it wasn't possible.

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont work when i try normal FS campaign(rename to fsnod01 and fsnod02 does not work either) is TFD interfering with anything?

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is every file currently...

fsnod02.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fsnod02.map
 Filesize:  68.38 KB
 Downloaded:  191 Time(s)

mission1.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mission1.ini
 Filesize:  12.57 KB
 Downloaded:  225 Time(s)

fsnod01.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fsnod01.map
 Filesize:  128.75 KB
 Downloaded:  176 Time(s)

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro linked me to this topic yesterday and I tried making a new FS campaign just to make sure. From what can see, it's impossible. Any misison after the first will give you the "Unable to read scenario" error.

Might I suggest you move to Vanilla TS instead? Fully patched Vanilla TS has all the features of FS, there is no difference between the two since they use the same executable. All you have to do is carry over the FS content from the FS specific ini files to the TS ones (anything I forgot? I seem to recall having to do more...).

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... its unable to initialize map selection! after i completed the first map from my 3rd campaign

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw i am playing a FS mod. and i tried doing the normal FS way: rename to fsnod01.map, but that didnt work!

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES I FIXED IT! with the help from [TiberianFuture]. i looked on his map and i saw what to change in basic.

SOMEGUY789
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How'd you get it to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon