:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Other Projects » Released » Tiberium Essence
Yay
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Valherran
Soldier


Joined: 28 Feb 2010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject:  Yay
Subject description: Forum
Reply with quote

Finnaly...now down to business...please answer all these for I do not know the answers and could not find them in that mess of a comments page on moddb:

Why is Nod not getting an epic unit? I missed that conversation completely...and why not make the mutants powerful? you have to go through alot of trouble just to capture their hub, why not make them actualy WORTH the 600 you pay for? The standard mutants are nearly useless, the ony thing they could do that was worth a shit is to fire at air units, other than that they suck! Thats why I request that they get a buff of SOME kind.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dutchygamer
President


Joined: 18 Jun 2005
Location: Dordrecht, the Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod epic unit = Cyborg Commando. It may be less powerful and way smaller then the other 2, but it's also less expensive, and draws less attention when mixed with other infantry Wink
_________________
Please, read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Valherran
Soldier


Joined: 28 Feb 2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can understand that, but it seems so 1 sided to have 2 factions with big bad ass super units and Nod gets jipped even though they have a few potential candidates. Would you consider the Core Defender as a Nod epic unit and set it so you can only build that or the other but not both? It was done for the Scrin mother ships so I think it could be reasonable for this case. Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destiny
President


Joined: 02 May 2006
Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Core Defender is CABAL's, not Nod. There's no need for Nod to have a huge epic unit like the others, you know. They can be different, just as how the Scrin can look as buggy as they want and others cannot complain.
_________________
Please, read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Dutchygamer
President


Joined: 18 Jun 2005
Location: Dordrecht, the Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, epic units aren't that hard to bring down. Especially not with Nod. Long live mixed infantry attacks and Banshees #Tongue
_________________
Please, read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Valherran
Soldier


Joined: 28 Feb 2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny wrote:
The Core Defender is CABAL's, not Nod. There's no need for Nod to have a huge epic unit like the others, you know. They can be different, just as how the Scrin can look as buggy as they want and others cannot complain.


Who was the orginal owner of CABAL? Nod. Who currently owns all of his merchandise after getting owned in Firestorm? Nod. having no Core Defender there but having everything ELSE is a bit off don't ya think!? Confused

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Destiny
President


Joined: 02 May 2006
Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not really.
_________________
Please, read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Orac
President


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CABAL's Core Defender is developed by CABAL alone, rather than the cyborgs which are developed originally by Nod.
Also, the Core Defender resembles Scrin manufacture in some ways, rather than simple human engineering..

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valherran
Soldier


Joined: 28 Feb 2010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orac wrote:
CABAL's Core Defender is developed by CABAL alone, rather than the cyborgs which are developed originally by Nod.
Also, the Core Defender resembles Scrin manufacture in some ways, rather than simple human engineering..


A little bit, but I thought Nod got all their tech from the Scrin ship they found. I would like Carnius to say something here so I can get a real answer and not be so persistant. Rolling Eyes

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
undermannen
Cyborg Soldier


Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Location: Where you are not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u mean the scrin ship in Tiberian sun!?! dude... Kane created it.
_________________

Dont look in his eyes!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crimsonum
Seth


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Location: Fineland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Valherran
Soldier


Joined: 28 Feb 2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Har Har...Does Carnius show up here often or no?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Republic_Commando_401
Disk Thrower


Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Location: GDI Bunker K-12 A Bosnia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys why you like talking about Epics. Thy are hard to bring down like the Hexa + Corrupters
_________________
Please, read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Carnius
Grenadier


Joined: 23 Apr 2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, the "nod epic unit" question, it is here again and i bet not for the last time. I know that for many nod fans is Cyborg Comando not satisfying epic unit despite the fact that it is unique unit among all 3 factions, but IMHO anything like redeemer as nod epic unit is epic fail which doesnt represent nod combat doctrine. Nod always rely on sneaky tactics rather than frontal assault which is rather Gdi way.

I want to lead my mod different way than KW, but that is always difficult to balance things properly while not use the same game mechanics for each faction. To be honest i feel myself that nod is somewhat weaker than others, but not just that. In one hand i feel nod is oversaturated with units in other hand i feel nod is still missing something. In other terms im not yet done with nod and epic unit question, i will work on this subject until i´ll be satisfied with result, but it wont be anything like core defender or redeemer, that is sure. But please dont open any discussion about what could be nod epic here, there is thread dedicated to this question already, i´v got a lot of ideas regarding this subject and with time i will return to most of them and reconsider them.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaFool
Defense Minister


Joined: 07 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile Stealth Generator with some weapon ontop of it.
_________________
Please, read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valherran
Soldier


Joined: 28 Feb 2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnius wrote:
Ah, yes, the "nod epic unit" question, it is here again and i bet not for the last time. I know that for many nod fans is Cyborg Comando not satisfying epic unit despite the fact that it is unique unit among all 3 factions, but IMHO anything like redeemer as nod epic unit is epic fail which doesnt represent nod combat doctrine. Nod always rely on sneaky tactics rather than frontal assault which is rather Gdi way.

I want to lead my mod different way than KW, but that is always difficult to balance things properly while not use the same game mechanics for each faction. To be honest i feel myself that nod is somewhat weaker than others, but not just that. In one hand i feel nod is oversaturated with units in other hand i feel nod is still missing something. In other terms im not yet done with nod and epic unit question, i will work on this subject until i´ll be satisfied with result, but it wont be anything like core defender or redeemer, that is sure. But please dont open any discussion about what could be nod epic here, there is thread dedicated to this question already, i´v got a lot of ideas regarding this subject and with time i will return to most of them and reconsider them.


Thank you for the response, that's what I needed to know. I was asking if there were other threads on this subject and no one really gave me an answer so I made this thread. If someone can link that original discussion thread here so that I may view it that would be most helpful, if you decide to change your mind about Core Defender, the idea I posted above would not be be a bad choice to have implemented. Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Other Projects » Released » Tiberium Essence
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Wildcard SSL Certificates
[ Time: 0.1470s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0166s) ][ Debug on ]