Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey News.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [183 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arctic versions? NICE!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the snow camo style with the buildings. Oh wait, units too?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Oh wait, units too?

I'm working on it... from the look of it, so is Morpher #Tongue
Actually, his work looks better than mine Laughing

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The point is, I didn't even know units can have different appearance depending on the theater Neutral

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, iirc they buildings all had snow versions in TS.... and even if snow versions of units don't work per se, ini modifications to the maps would allow the same effect.
(I'm just guessing here, the code might work on units as well as buildings)

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the idea of having different looking buildings depending on the theater.

Awesome. Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
The point is, I didn't even know units can have different appearance depending on the theater Neutral

Change their Image= tag on snow maps, simples.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

Change their Image= tag on snow maps, simples.

Of course >.<

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just love the GDI Unit and building art direction, suits them so well

I would suggest only two things

1. Give the helipad a nice flash light anim on the pad rather than a 'H'

2. Give that smoke anim on the Refinary and Powerplant a little transparency cause it looks a little too vivid and outa place

Looks great though, still can't wait for TO to be released Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool snow terrain. #Tongue

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm...
I like the GDI snow camo, but I think that Nod should in the snow remain in their dark colours, just for factional diversity.

Thanks for the news post, Tore Smile

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of you may have noticed a few new topics sprouting up in our GDI section here in the Odyssey forums. Unfortunately, for the past few days I have been limited to a dial up speed connection on my internet, however it has given me some time to (slowly) re-organise the forums for some better presentations and neatening up text. Check out the GDI forums for some updated images and information on units.

As I have edited topics many will not show up as new or changed, however most if not nearly all infantry and units have had their threads neatened up with improved pictures getting rid of some terribly outdated ones!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new update, if only a small one. I have released some ingame screenshots of Tiberian Odyssey in the images forum which I will be updating every so often now and then. All these images can be found on the ModDB page. Also, I have been working on touching up the original civilian buildings for TS and whilst they are no where near as good as TS:AE's work I do like to think they are some what better than the original TS plasticy look (sorry I don't have the TS originals for comparison). Feedback as usual is always greatly appreciated Smile.

Please don't forget the GDI section of the forum has been 99% updated with new ingame shots and any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good Approved

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

depressingly grey #Tongue

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look somehow... shiny... or glowy..., I dont know how to say it, but looking good nonetheless.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn that stuff is good. wow!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments, also, Orac, as you know they are meant to look depressing, not a very upbeat world here #Tongue.

Also here is a pic of the TS originals for comparison, sorry I didn't upload this in the original post!

(the petrol pump is still the new one)

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. The quality difference is staggering to be honest. Its so much more detailed. o_o Will all the civ stuff get this treatment or is this just for the rural stuff?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll do it to as much as I can, to be honest I didn't want to do to much if I was the only one that thought it looked good, but if it's worth continuing it then I'll keep working at others. The original WestWood shps weren't that bad, the detail in them just got lost in an array of bad colours and poor contrast.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G'day everybody, about time I updated Tiberian Odyssey a bit, development is good, I've been having alot of fun playing the mod, it's really in good shape right now, shame I get one or two IE's that never let me finish a match though. I've been getting sidetracked with misc things as I am usually sitting around waiting for new media and other bits and bats to roll in.

This I have been working on, looks a LOT better ingame when animated and I also made it so every so often a flash appears along with a thunder noise (the sound does variate). I'll be improving this and adding a few additions, such as lighter rain, tiberium rain, snow and perhaps some general Tiberium dust ambience for some maps.

Yes we also have a sense of humour here btw #Tongue. (The lightning explosion animation is old, so please don't comment on it!)

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking awesome, best TS rain ive seen yet imo, nice and simple.

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent job. How large is your rain animation by the way and does it use any Transparency values? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rain animation isn't that large (not like a global map sized one or anything) and yeah I needed transparency otherwise it'd look bloody terrible heh, though the shp is still up for a remake, it was definately a more than adequete test shp though.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks sexy. I love the rain.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahaha, love that last pic. Hope the crisped soldier turns into electro.shp #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Last time we had weather like this was BLARG!" Very Happy

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mm. I rike.

Suggestion: Would you consider doing a map in mostly flooded areas? Something like New Orleans right after Hurricane Katrina with partially submerged structure and such? Add in 'islands' and areas that have not been flooded over as well, of course. However, orient the fighting more on aircraft and amphibious/hover units.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ Always had an idea like that for a map on my mind.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually Volgin you're spot on with some ideas I have had myself regarding some heavily flooded areas, I made a few building shps sunken into the dirt terrain for the map sunken island and will do the same for some buildings that have plunged into some watery graves if people think it's a good idea?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I ever get done with them, I am more than happy to donate the finished models/shps to TO.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This whole rain effect, wonder if the engine will allow a SHP to be drawn over the visible rect...

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
Actually Volgin you're spot on with some ideas I have had myself regarding some heavily flooded areas, I made a few building shps sunken into the dirt terrain for the map sunken island and will do the same for some buildings that have plunged into some watery graves if people think it's a good idea?

I think that would be a great idea personaly (the screen shots above look great i like the upgrade center)

Hyper wrote:
This whole rain effect, wonder if the engine will allow a SHP to be drawn over the visible rect...

There is the static which appears when loading a new save from ingame while playing a map with an ionstorm (msn me if you dont know what i mean, could be worth looking in to)

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say the more atmospheric stuff you add to a mod the better. Loving the rain guys.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm. Perhaps for a mission, GDI has to evacuate civvies from a flooded out city using patrol craft/dinghy like things (whatever TO's equivalent would be) to pluck civs off of overpasses and such, or islands. Meanwhile, the streets-turned-rivers are also being rapidly contaminated by Tiberium and critters are also coming in for some human munchies? IDK. Katrina evac meets Tiberium...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Hmm. Perhaps for a mission, GDI has to evacuate civvies from a flooded out city using patrol craft/dinghy like things (whatever TO's equivalent would be) to pluck civs off of overpasses and such, or islands. Meanwhile, the streets-turned-rivers are also being rapidly contaminated by Tiberium and critters are also coming in for some human munchies? IDK. Katrina evac meets Tiberium...

Well... The mutants have a river boat.. I think we can work something out #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revolutionary wrote:
There is the static which appears when loading a new save from ingame while playing a map with an ionstorm (msn me if you dont know what i mean, could be worth looking in to)

The same static appears at the start of a storm, but i know this. The game draws only the first frame IIRC of STATIC.SHP and tiles it across the tactical port.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The game draws only the first frame IIRC of STATIC.SHP and tiles it across the tactical port.

I thought it plays more than one frame. It's worth a check.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just about died when i saw these graphics, i wish i was that good, keep it up guys! Very Happy

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just remember transparency causes horrific lag online. And a map full of constantly playing transparent anims would probably make online unbearable.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

August 27th Update

Well... August to say the least has been a very busy month for me. I recently moved house which was chaotic to say the least, I also had my birthday which was chaotic yet again to say the least and many other various life-based-things which were all just as chaotic as each other have all fallen upon this month so forgive me if I have been sort of neglecting the forums here a bit #Tongue. Anyway I know here media speaks a thousandfold over words and my rambling so I'll pop some things here for you guys to have a look at!

Also, I finally managed to find some tools that work at recording ingames so I made a very rough video just testing some WIP stuff out. Please do note this video is a test both of TO and fiddling around trying to get good quality and filesize so it's best to view in the highest quality option available.

More updates to come! Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to hear new soundtracks, I also liked both the rain and the lightning effect in the video a lot (though the lightning should've struck more often in my opinion)!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I can change the frequency of it per map, I have a few variations (for different sounds), I was surprised it didn't actually occur more often though heh.

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That raining is impressive. I like it.

How can you create lighting light? White shp or ambient setting?

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Last edited by GameMaster0000 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks very good... Nice weather system.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

September 21st Update

Well I know things have been relatively quiet here besides a few small discussions so I have added some new ingame screenshots to this thread HERE for your entertainment. It shows off a little bit of how the campaign is currently shaping up even if only a few shots. There's a lot of good work getting done recently and my own personal motivation for Tiberian Odyssey is at an all time high, it's great to see work getting done and being able to enjoy playing it and tinkering with it. I'll add a few miscellaneous things at the end of this post also Smile.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just got a malware warning when going to odyssey.ppmsite.com - it seems something awful has hijacked your site. You'd better take a look at it, clean it out, and change your passwords...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Motivation is at an all time high?

Interesting times ahead, and it's great to see this mod progressing. It's gonna be sick!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the encouraging words! they keep us truckin'

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [183 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon