Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hover MLRS
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject:  Hover MLRS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering if anyone noticed the new HVR I showed in the screenshots thread.. but everyone just seemed interested in flames.
But here is my newest addition the newly remodelled Hover MLRS:

hvr attack.png
 Description:
A force of H-MLRS attacking my base.
 Filesize:  415.06 KB
 Viewed:  25319 Time(s)

hvr attack.png

new hover mlrs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.54 KB
 Viewed:  25313 Time(s)

new hover mlrs.png

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't think the original could be improved on till I saw yours Wink. Very good.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did noticed Wink and asked what happened to it on the other thread #Tongue looking good...

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you did FireStorm, sorry.. *lol* and its a lil more than a bit of paint Very Happy

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be really hones i like the original much better... this one looks flat and low-color..

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it looks good. Very Happy

maybe you could show a comparison of the old and the new.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.....Kravvitz.... look at the 2nd screenshot...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
To be really hones i like the original much better... this one looks flat and low-color..

Flat!? There is much more shape to that than the original!?
And there is more colouring too, I've added several texture layers.
But suggestions are welcome. So if you have any specific ones I could try to improve it?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just need to ask this. Why have you made the light posts so big? I think they look stupid, but you probably have a logical reason for it.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFF would be the one to talk to about that. Different people have different opinions on em... I say it's a nice touch to TSR that makes it distinct...

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
.....Kravvitz.... look at the 2nd screenshot...

so the one in the middle is the old one?

Well they look about the same, except that the turret was recolored.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the new one has more realistic colours, but it really looks lightly more plain...

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think if you want more detail in to this voxel, you have to make it bigger and then rescale it smaller. (Big voxel, small scale)
Like what was done with Nod TSR units.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seaman could be right... yes i know that you altered the shape a bit, so it appears more 'bent' but the colours are flat.. and the red missile launchers don't fit...

I loved your bike, and the *cough* other unit *cough* you made, but i really don't like this one.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really do tho... =\ Maybe just because it looks different, but it's interesting. Btw DvD, thou shalt keepest thy trap shutteth.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes..yes...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Other unit?.. Shocked You're not supposed to know about that!
I told Smiff not to tell anyone!
SMIFFGIG! Exclamation
(note: its different from what I believe you last saw.. I am actually creating a new voxel for it) but don't mention it again! At least not until I am convinced it works, and its good enough.. damn it.. Confused

I have to say, that I really love this new HVR, as does Smiff. I'll try the model without the red missile launchers.. but it is having those red missiles I've also made (you can just see in the in screenshot)..
What about the rest of you guys? What do you think of it?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it is very good i like it maybe a bit more detail

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, so I've tried to enhance the textures a bit, and add some vertical lines.. as sometimes seen in some renders. There is a GDI on the sides, but its not that clear. It was actually there in previous screenshots. I've also made the areas around the intakes darker, to make those stand out more. The Turret has had the red bits removed, a bit more texturing and a slight length extension.
(the middle unit is my original model, in case you want to compare)

yet another hvr.png
 Description:
A further enhanced HVR...
 Filesize:  31.55 KB
 Viewed:  25194 Time(s)

yet another hvr.png

hover update.png
 Description:
If you want plain, look at this. It was my model before I started to add texture. THIS is plain.
 Filesize:  27.13 KB
 Viewed:  25195 Time(s)

hover update.png

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh.. what can i say.. this guy is good Smile

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And you're even better FS. For example, the Recon Bike, you did a much better version of that. I'm sure if you tried, you make a better one of these. Smile

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks great... Just one question tho, is there ANY remap on it? I like the slim-to-none approach, but it has to be distinguishable from the other guy's forces...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its generally the same as remap as the plain model. At the base of the turret, and the cockpit. The cockpit is a little bigger now too. You can tell which are yours and which are not Wink

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea hes just playing as the lelow team. I can see the differince in the colors.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey in the screens that i was talking about you showed the plain version.. the newer version is much better (looks more like TS original Razz) oh and don't make such a fuss about the other unit. (btw I've also done it..)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually no, the other screens are not the plain ones, look at them, they have texture.
But it doesn't matter, Smiff prefers my original model (posted it at the top of the screen) and as its his mod, he has the last word.
Yes, I've read a threat in your forum about that. I suspected someone would try to make it. But, is yours a completely rebuilt voxel?

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, the .hva's a problem... i edited the original though.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love that last version
taking a guess at the *new unit*, notice I know NOTHING about it
a new and improved maybe even bigger mmk2 Cool

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like the new hover mlrs...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spider-man_2099 wrote:
I love that last version

Shocked The Legendary Spiderman *bows* He comments on my work! *is humbled*

Well here is a picture showing the two different HVR's, both labelled so you can tell which is which. Also note that the side colour is blue, so you can see the remap, although they're the same on both. The new one also has a slightly wider cockpit.

spider-man_2099 wrote:
taking a guess at the *new unit*, notice I know NOTHING about it a new and improved maybe even bigger mmk2 Cool

*wonders if Smiff will kill me if I say anything.. then wonders if I'll kill me if I say anything*

well.. you see, the thing about that is.. *runs*

I'm because if I can't get this thing to work, I'm going to let down a lot of people. Okay.. Smiff.. but he's important, and a great guy. So I don't want to let him down. So any good HVA training would be good.. I can do BASICS, thats about it.

(Note: normals of the newer one are not finished.. and the turret on the original should be further back, like the new one)

hvr's.png
 Description:
HVR Comparison
 Filesize:  57.11 KB
 Viewed:  25151 Time(s)

hvr's.png

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm. what normalizer did you use because on both versions, the ones on the lower left of the group are much darker..

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon