Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Installation Pack
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun Installation Pack
Subject description: The community does what EA doesn't
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA's freeware release was a pain to install. It was comprised of a Tiberian Sun folder directly copied from The First Decade. It also had a bunch of batch files and registry files people had to install.

This caused a lot of confusion, that left many people with nothing but a broken game.

So therefore:

The Command & Conquer Communications Center and CnCWorld.org proudly presents!

What this installation program does:
- Installs the Westwood Shared Internet Components (optional)
- Installs a few extras; Map Editor, Manuals, Icons
- Installs the themepacks (optional)
- Applies the LAN patch
- Automatically applies registry entires
- Downloads and installs the videos (optional)
- Installs the game itself (obviously)

Tested and works flawlessly on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 7 64-bit!

Download here!

If you find any bugs please report them here

Have fun!

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is awesome! Who are the creators we all should thank?

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Created by Tore

I guess it's me... Very Happy

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wins, you go through to the final.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! =D

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Few points:

- Should have included Hyper's waveclass fix.
- The FS missions can go in MAPS03.
- Could have cleaned up the files. Half of them arn't necessary AFAIK.
- The music during installation is pretty annoying, especially if your spending ages downloading the videos.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- The FS missions can go in MAPS03

Tried several times, didn't work.

Quote:
- The music during installation is pretty annoying, especially if your spending ages downloading the videos.

Meh, I'll disable the loop in the next version.

Quote:

I've cleaned up a lot of files. Those I have no idea what does are left there.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I've got my FS missions in MAPS03 and it works fine.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TFD nor the Freeware TS have them in MAP03 becuase of the NoCD, IIRC

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm..
I have no need for this because I own the CD, but I have to ask: Does it have the same install screens as regular, good-ol'-days, from-the-CD TS?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where's the point in adding modded files? You won't be able to play online then. For those that don't play the game online, add the mod fixes yourself.

toadnuke
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Where's the point in adding modded files? You won't be able to play online then. For those that don't play the game online, add the mod fixes yourself.

QFT

I was just about to say that.

This is the freeware version of TS, not some sort of TS optimization or a community mod. Confused

For all the latest updates, visit my site. http://www.freewebs.com/toadnuke/

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modded files? Who said anything about any modded files?

Quote:
I have no need for this because I own the CD, but I have to ask: Does it have the same install screens as regular, good-ol'-days, from-the-CD TS?

It doesn't, think of it more as the installer for RA/C&C95 minus the slideshow...

And thanks for making it frontpage!

chickendippers
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Webmaster of - [CnCWorld]
Webmaster of - [CNC Community]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
Modded files? Who said anything about any modded files?

LoL...

Quote:
- Should have included Hyper's waveclass fix.
- The FS missions can go in MAPS03.

Those would be what we call modded files.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- You can play online with the Waveclass against people that don't have it as well perfectly fine.
- The FS missions indeed can go in MAPS03; that's where mine are and I play TS without the discs.
- Removing unnecessary files doesn't mean modifying existing files (well, not aside from the mix files) and this also won't make games incompatible between 2 different players online.
- What does the music that plays during the installation have to do with modding files?

QFBS:
Aro wrote:

Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you actually tried it? Last time I tried playing vanilla TS online with Hyper's fix I got reconnection errors. If it actually works, ignore my quote in Bittah's post. #Tongue

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, Thanks Tore <3 <3 <3
I love Dusk Hour but I didn't want to hear it that much.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Have you actually tried it? Last time I tried playing vanilla TS online with Hyper's fix I got reconnection errors. If it actually works, ignore my quote in Bittah's post. #Tongue

I do get them too - but just some times. And I'm sure, the others don't got the fix....
So, yes, you can play with them online.
BTW, didnt you want to play with me these times...? You wouldn't believe me, that most player likely choose Nod xD

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This fix causes sync errors?! What the hell...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:

IT DOES NOT xD
Aro is wrong Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if it does the only good fix for that is to spread the patch around to everyone by including it in this download. #Tongue

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not adding the waveclass fix until it's confirmed that it works playing some random dudes on XWIS.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played with this patch, about a month or more, and I didnt got more disconn errors then I did before...

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
I'm not adding the waveclass fix until it's confirmed that it works playing some random dudes on XWIS.

Just listen to the community feedback and act accordingly.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
CCHyper wrote:

IT DOES NOT xD
Aro is wrong Smile

It does for me, I just tested.
Aro is not wrong. Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd... I've played online with it (although just once) and it didn't cause a reconnection error for me. Maybe the reconnect error just occurs when somebody else gets a waveclass error? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could be, though that seems strange. Normally if someone gets the Waveclass error they'll get the Internal error and it will act as though they've simply been disconnected from the game. Reconnection errors on Vanilla TS are a rarity.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Could be, though that seems strange. Normally if someone gets the Waveclass error they'll get the Internal error and it will act as though they've simply been disconnected from the game. Reconnection errors on Vanilla TS are a rarity.

Don't recons happen because a game goes out of sync?

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The NoCD version of the waveclass fix does not play the videos. I will wait until the next version of the waveclass fix.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, which videos? It works for me.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed... The videos just need to be present in Movies01/02/03.mix in Tiberian Sun's installation directory.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it didn't work for me.

The FS start video doesn't play, and the Nod and GDI intros doesn't play with the NoCD version.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Hum. I got them maybe every 8. game...
Yes, when someone gets a waveclasserror, he gets an IE and just disconn. No one else, just him. So, if all player kick the IEed player, they could continue (though it sucks with a computer...)
Anyway, I got them some times at random. Dont know exactly why, it just happens... Many think that it happens cause someone is cheating.

Strange, really. It doesn't prefer one special map, I got reconns at conf, various visc maps, battle day, warlords... pretty every well played map

van Grunz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Reconnect errors seem to be dependent to randomly created maps. Some maps work fine, and some do get always reconnection errors. Meanwhile, I think it has to do something with the AI (path finding/target finding etc.).

I'm searching for a solution.

The Waveclass fix is compulsory to me, since I got it many times and searched for years about a fix (in the past, it occured with Nvidia Graphic Cards; I don't know how it will work on my Radeon 7970). I don't even think that it has something to do with the reconnection error because it only applies to a graphical issue. For a serious test one may need to test the same map with the same setup (i.e. with another player, not a computer) with & without this fix, around a few maps.

If there's another way to get rid of this pesky error, please let me know!

My mate & me both love Tiberian Sun, and I love this installation variant, especially the music! Do NOT let it not loop or kick it out...this would kill the unique atmosphere of this game. Anyway, it's the only way to get Tiberian Sun work on a Windows 7 x64 system.

Keep up the good work, and please let me know if there's an update.

The only thing I've changed is the disadvantage of super weapons in Tech Level 10. You can build anything, but the super weapons do not appear (but can be found in crates, though). BTW, my LAN setup is superb -- CAT6 double shielded network patch cables (bought, not made on my own) and Gigabit switches from LANCOM should meet high-end level. Also, there are no broadcasts from any machine since I disabled Windows' file sharing mechanism and every firewall. More free ride and bandwith is not possible. Maybe it's just too fast...

I neither play online, just alone or with my mate against computers in my LAN. If this error occurs, we're doing both a restart on our machines, because it is likely without to get this error again.

Anyway, scrolling about my base slows the system down even on my XEON i7. This is holy crap but seem to be due to Windows 7. Maybe it's a multi-core issue.

Feel free to mail me at:
van_grunz@t-online.de

Cheers,

van Grunz

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

van Grunz wrote:
The Reconnect errors seem to be dependent to randomly created maps. Some maps work fine, and some do get always reconnection errors. Meanwhile, I think it has to do something with the AI (path finding/target finding etc.).

I'm searching for a solution.

The Waveclass fix is compulsory to me, since I got it many times and searched for years about a fix (in the past, it occured with Nvidia Graphic Cards; I don't know how it will work on my Radeon 7970). I don't even think that it has something to do with the reconnection error because it only applies to a graphical issue. For a serious test one may need to test the same map with the same setup (i.e. with another player, not a computer) with & without this fix, around a few maps.

If there's another way to get rid of this pesky error, please let me know!

My mate & me both love Tiberian Sun, and I love this installation variant, especially the music! Do NOT let it not loop or kick it out...this would kill the unique atmosphere of this game. Anyway, it's the only way to get Tiberian Sun work on a Windows 7 x64 system.

Keep up the good work, and please let me know if there's an update.

The only thing I've changed is the disadvantage of super weapons in Tech Level 10. You can build anything, but the super weapons do not appear (but can be found in crates, though). BTW, my LAN setup is superb -- CAT6 double shielded network patch cables (bought, not made on my own) and Gigabit switches from LANCOM should meet high-end level. Also, there are no broadcasts from any machine since I disabled Windows' file sharing mechanism and every firewall. More free ride and bandwith is not possible. Maybe it's just too fast...

I neither play online, just alone or with my mate against computers in my LAN. If this error occurs, we're doing both a restart on our machines, because it is likely without to get this error again.

Anyway, scrolling about my base slows the system down even on my XEON i7. This is holy crap but seem to be due to Windows 7. Maybe it's a multi-core issue.

Feel free to mail me at:
van_grunz@t-online.de

Cheers,

van Grunz

http://www.stuffhost.de/files/cnc/CnCPatcher.html
try this, it boosts performance if you're lucky, with no lag at all and apparently fixes the waveclass error too.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
http://www.stuffhost.de/files/cnc/CnCPatcher.html
try this, it boosts performance if you're lucky, with no lag at all and apparently fixes the waveclass error too.

YAY! \o/

Thanks a lot for this! I'll test it next time with my mate. Indeed one special map with the reconnection error was a bit slow about the gameplay...

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since when does one need to install free Tiberian Sun? I downloaded it as a zip. Unzipped. Played. No install. I can copy paste the OfficialTiberianSun folder to wherever I want and have various with different mods applied to.
Dunno what you talk about but from my perspective it all sounds wrong. The graphics patch is an absolute must as it eliminates most of the lag.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The one EA provided was the shitty TFD version (AFAIK it doesn't even has firestorm included).

The First Decade version - needs registry crap
Good old CD version TS+FS - needs no registry crap, works like a portable application

I use the latter too and also played it from a USB-stick on a completely different PC.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does have firestorm, it also doesnt need registry crap unless you're going online with it...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I use the latter too and also played it from a USB-stick on a completely different PC.

I've done the same with the TFD version, except that I used a no-CD patched EXE (one of Hyper's waveclass fixes). It's not that different except for the executable. Also, it does include Firestorm.

And CnCNet has proven to be the most stable way of playing TS with others, at least in my experience.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From my tests no version of TS needs any registry entries for singleplayer however for multiplayer it does.

XWIS requires the registry entries for WOL.
LAN/CnCNet requires a "serial" (can be any number in registry) when it reaches a certain amount of players in a lobby.

van Grunz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject:  Get rid of those pesky errors! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hej Folks,

I've got some news about Tiberian Sun to report, related to the internal/reconnection error.

First of all, on Windows 7 x64 I need to apply the LAN Patch during installation, otherwise the LAN function is not working.
Next, I had to turn off the following parameters on my network cards (directly from device manager):

- Interrupt moderation/interrupt throttling
- Flow control (the most important)

It may also help to increase buffer size.

Since I disabled all those parameters on my network computers, I don't get a reconnection error any more. The NIC does not hold back packages or puts them together for later sending (anyway, I don't understand why it does it anyway on my gigabit ethernet network while only TS is running). As a welcome side effect, my browser does now load multiple tabs much faster. =)

Depending on the internal error, it is very important to make a CLEAN INSTALL with deleting every previous installation on the hard drive. Cleaning the few registry keys depending on Tiberian Sun can help, too.

Don't forget to backup your precious self-made cards, savegames and TS INI files, including the huge movie.mix files.

I've now installed the following runtimes for a clean and working system:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x64)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

In a forum I read about the tip that this internal error could be due to a dirty interpretation of C++ Code (unconfirmed). Fact is, I do need all 3 C++ Redistributables to get everything work, from my mouse driver (sic! -- it needs C++ 2008) till Tiberian Sun. A test with only C++ 2010 was also successful.

Once, I made a 5 hours LAN match with my mate -- without an internal or reconnection error.

At least it took me > 10 years to get TS proper work...

Anyway:
Who created the confirmation code?! It is neither possible for a machine to crack this because nor a human is able to interpret it correctly. Trying #10... -.-

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!