Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
What *is* this?
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Paradox
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject:  What *is* this? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what exactly is this? i've been reading some topics and googled around but I can't figure out what ETS exactly is.

is it some kind of engine replacement for TS or something?

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. It's an extension to the EXE in a way. It allows you to do quite a bit that wasn't possible before, but it's sloppy, poorly coded, poorly documented and a waste of time.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ETS isn't exactly complete, but it's not 'that' poorly coded. VK abandoned it halfway through, so no bugfixes will ever be made for the latest version (aka dead). However, if you desperately need the functionality included in ETS for a mod project you could either take a look at it and see if it works for you (should work reasonably well), or you could wait some more time until Hyper finishes his Hyperpatch, which is another exe hack with similar functionality that is actively being worked on. Note that Hyperpatch has not been released yet.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: What *is* this? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradox wrote:
What *is* this?

Sorry couldn't resist. But yeah, what ^ said.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This goes post goes mostly to Dark Templar X

ETS is not sloppy, poorly coded, and a waste of time. Infact its much better then his extensions for Redalert2 Yuris Revenge (mostly becaus the changes done in ETS is not as many and big as the ones for RA2:YR)

tho I can agree somewhat at it being poorly documented (but its also up to the users to read the MDK documentation so that is not fully VK's fault)and its also poorly maintained (ETS needs some maintenance)

(Titan's post explains this actually)

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ETS is not sloppy, poorly coded, and a waste of time.

Actually, yes, yes it. Don't you have to include all the files off the TS disc in order to use ETS? I believe that was because he unpacked the exe in a retarded way or something. Dunno, I don't exactly remember.

Plus, VK is notorious for writing buggy code.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well he made the first non-buggy RP. Before him it just IE'd all the time, reconed etc.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djohe wrote:
ETS is not sloppy, poorly coded, and a waste of time. Infact its much better then his extensions for Redalert2 Yuris Revenge (mostly becaus the changes done in ETS is not as many and big as the ones for RA2:YR)

Actually, yes... yes it is that bad. Why do you think so few people actually use it? Right. It's as bad as the NPatch is quality and stability. VK had a nasty habit of not fixing issues.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can say more than anyone that ETS was coded without thought of fixes or extensions to code that was written. So thus it works, but is very sloppy. VK did not have regard for many bugs that appeared, very bad attitude..

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No CD cracks require files off the disc, ETS was no CD from what I remember, so just as retarded as using a retardedly retarded CD Crack. Anyway, I've tested ETS for its new features, whislt there are not many it works fine for me, not like I see the sloppy code.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Well he made the first non-buggy RP. Before him it just IE'd all the time, reconned etc.

Posted in ppm sayings thread. What spelling error?

Last edited by 206UE on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it looks like you only quoted this to correct the spelling :S

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol what?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

206UE wrote:
It's reconned by the way. I'm only telling you 'cause I quoted this and I want my quote to be spelled correctly.
Well since "recon" isnt a real word in this situation and is simply a shortening of reconnection, I dont think it matters one bit.

I also don't understand your point.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant 'reconnaissance' because it was 'buggy'.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh.
My.
God.

lol

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

206UE wrote:
I misunderstood you. I thought you meant 'reconnaissance' because it was 'buggy'.

I can't believe I pointed you here. That was a huge mistake.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's it. I'm going to kill Team Black.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

?¿?¿

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

206UE wrote:

A C&C joke... right? Because Buggies are Nod scout units and all... right?

Ah, ztype it. The thread served it's purpose, so can some mod cut it in half and annihilate the later part?

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Hold that thought. I need a camera for youtube action.

vladek515
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Aro wrote:

why him?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not you?

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm the target here, you guys are just too slow to hit it. What's "RP" stand for any way? Is it "RedAlert Patch"?

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isnt there something called Rock Patch...? Argh, I really dont know

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 + 1 = 1 on a bun.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 +1 = 10!

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vladek515 wrote:
Quote:
Aro wrote:

why him?

Why not?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon