Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
Stupid TS 2.03 bug...
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject:  Stupid TS 2.03 bug... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone noticed the bug witht he Cyborg Reapers? If a unit shoots it when it's crawling around and dying (it has a dying stage), every hit will count as a kill.... this way disruptors go elite IMMEDIATELY after they killed one....really annoying. I didn't notice this until I has version 2.03...

And not it relates to my mod... because all of the units improve greatly when veteran (RA2 style).. this causes imbalance!!! I prefer not to use Cyborg Reapers as an attack force anymore... because it makes my enemy's defending units elite VERY quick.

So... how to solve this????? I have no clue.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

give him low points earned when dying
like 1 or 0,5

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think you can, there is no specific value its either all or none. The only way to make him give less would be to make him cheaper.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's in version 2.0 too, mine is 2.0 Very Happy

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope there is a tag called points or hitpoints. that value is the points you get when killing somebody
if you reach your own value multiplied with the veteranfactor you get veteran.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what you said is the ra2 system

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what i know, TS only looks at the cost of items. I don't know if the points=5 that's on most object actually matters something.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Points = point value for scoring purposes

and the RA2 veteran system will need to be balanced

i have used a similar one in TSR only many units still get specific abilities

however if u dont balance it u get things like heavy tanks destroying deployed Tick tanks

bad example maybe as its TSR specific but it will certainly need balancing[/quote]

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think an elite heavy tank should be able to destroy a deployed tick tank. just because it's elite.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm thinking about it what i said was wrong

Elite un-deployed tick tank beat a elite heavy tank thats it (starting veterancy was on)

but thats only 1 example

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can be sure that the balancing will be good in TSTW... in fact, it takes up most of my time.. just playing and write down anything that bugs me...

Dingo
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I couldn't figure out why they did that with the reaper.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

who? what? where?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon