Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tideland 1.10 (2-6)
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject:  Tideland 1.10 (2-6) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new map I did some days ago. This is the version made for 1.10, "ported" from the 1.11 beta version... so it lacks a few details like the new temperate paletted desert bushes & rocks etc.

TS style preview

Detailed preview, click to view full image

tideland110.rar
 Description:
the map download

Download
 Filename:  tideland110.rar
 Filesize:  102.87 KB
 Downloaded:  392 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, looks good. Don't come up with any improvements right now.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I wont. #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:
Oh, I wont. #Tongue

>you do know I left "I" out on purpose? q:>

Then you should've said "Can't" instead of "Don't" #Tongue

Crimsonum wrote:
Why? It would lead to the same misunderstanding, I guess

Bittah Commander wrote:
Can't say I agree Razz

Fine, I don't care #Tongue Split please.

Merge works too #Tongue -Bittah

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On topic: this is the best map for this mod I've seen so far. I really like it.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a pretty big compliment, so thanks.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Unforgiven wrote:

I second that! Nothing better then a non symmetrical map with room to play Very Happy

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the look of this one, can't wait to play it (P.S. Navy in enhanced mode needs major rebalancing)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I forgot to enabled navy for this. #Tongue The version in 1.11 will have it. Not sure whteher I should bother editing this version too.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
Lord Unforgiven wrote:

I second that! Nothing better then a non symmetrical map with room to play Very Happy

Just wait until DTA 1.11 is released Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing map, played it quite a few times now and its very good fun

However GDI have a HUGE! advantage on this map
As there is very little tiberium on the main island you have to eventually try and get to one of the smaller islands to get to the blue tiberium with blue tiberium tree's

There are no boats on this map (which is a good thing imo as the AI cannot use navy so gives the player a big advantage)

But ONLY GDI players can get to these smaller tiberium islands. GDI have hover MLRS which uncover shroud and allow u to carryall an mcv over to one

Nod simply cannot do this, so playing as Nod on this map is all but pointless unless you manage to destroy and capture GDI tech or get a reveal map crate
The fact you need to get to these islands as quick as possible makes this even more unlikely

However I'm not sure how you could solve this.... unless you give Nod an amphibious APC
I'm pretty sure the M113 is amphibious in real life
or perhaps something like this http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/vehicles/aris/aris2.htm
?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That link appears to be broken.

I was actually thinking about giving Nod some sort of hovercraft to replace their APC a little while ago, but since raminator left, I'm not sure if there's anyone who'll make it.

Edit:
How about I just make the normal APC amphibious for both factions in the Enhanced mode?

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I'm glad your enjoying it Smiff. I did actually enable Navy for the 1.11 version, but I guess it can be disabled if you think its better without (or just dont play enhanced mode). It's up to Bittah really as I'm not fussed either way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon