Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Upgrade superweapon not working
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject:  Upgrade superweapon not working Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when i click to activiate the upgrade superweapon that i made it just restarts and does nothing but keep charging....

i did create a new action by adding the mousecursors section, or whatever it's called and i added the action to the list.....

does anyone know how to fix this?

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check if all thethings related to the weapon are straight (I had this bug one time and it was caused by TibNukSpecialWeap written TibNukSPecialWeap - one of the most annoying thing ever).

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea ok i know this is like a really big ass bump but im getting very ****ed off.

how the hell do you get the custom actions to work i've being trying all day, i have being retyping, rechecking and changed the words incase they are caps sensitive but nothing is working, all its doing is reloading the SW.

The reason im asking now is because im starting to mod TS again, and last time i was modding i had this working and i can't for the life of me remember how i did it.

i can see why not many people like vk's codes and that MDK is not the best of help because i have followed it step by step.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never had much luck with it, I think there a problem with the mousecursors section or we were never told how to use the actions properly :/

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to rule it out, you guys are clicking on the objects you want upgraded right?

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no thats not the problem it the mouse cursors there not working any new SW i add that need an action just reloads, the spysat and money SW work fine.

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea CalChillin is right if you click the sidebar icon to launch/use the super it just reloads, no cursor, no nothing

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have AutoFire or whatever VK put as that key on the SuperWeaponType? That will nullify the action of the Super if it has user input.

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope no auto fire, and the SW codes are the ones from the MDK and so is the Mousecursors List, if you want i can post the codes i am using.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, VK wrote the MouseCursors wrong in the MDK?

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, very possible and most likly

Code:
First, create the following list section:

[MouseCursors]
NewPara=259,10,4,516,-1,12345,12345 ;example
The list works like this:

NewActionName=[StartFrame],[NumberOfFrames],[AnimationInterval],[MinimapFrame],[HotSpotX],[HotSpotY]

1st were not told where to put the section and 2nd there is an extra unexplained number in the SDK

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MouseCursors, I think its called ActionTypes instead, try that.

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup your right, just tested so the MDK is wrong

when i got it working i used all 7 parts/numbers so what does the not explained one do? which i think is the -1 part

here are a few working example for ya (this stuff goes in the rules.ini
Code:
[ActionTypes];Mouse Cursors
Clocking=329,16,4,516,-1,12345,12345 ;power on/off mouse
AreaHeal=150,20,4,516,-1,12345,12345 ; th repair unit one

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper you are GOD lol, thanks for that one.

How did you find that out is it in the .exe, if so i fank your .exe coding skills and i can not wait for the Hyper patch to come out, cuz at least you will explain and give the right details for it plus the many extra features that will come along with it Approved, you have the key to my chest of unlimited cookies.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a HP forum here at PPM, look around TS editing Wink

And its not hard, i just remember looking at VKs code some time back and remembered it being ActionTypes, gonna base my "new mouse cursor" loading on hes code.

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know i had a look at the forum, you got some good ideas 4 the hyper patch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon