Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
Directions
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tacyarts
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject:  Directions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure how to explain the problem I'm having but it seems that the direction controls in the latest version are all wrong.

I'll try to explain...

I load a voxel which was created using an older version of VXLE III (1.3.6.0) into the latest version (1.3.9.256).
The voxel I'm loading looked and reacted fine in the previous version but now when I try to "nudge" a section it moves in the wrong direction.

Up 1 it actually nudges it to the Right 1. Down 1 nudges it to the Left 1.
Left 1 nudges it Down 1 and Right 1 nudges it Up 1.

Also if I use the "Views" option in 3DView everything is messed up.

Choosing "Front" actually displays the unit from the right side but with the front of the unit pointing downwards.
Choosing Left" displays the unit looking at the top but standing on its rear.
Choosing 'Top" displays the unit from the front but upside down.

I wondered if the problem might be just that particular voxel so I opened 5 or 6 others and they all do the same.
I figured I'd check a voxel created by someone else so I downloaded the new Soviet T-80 by carnage_xploade with the same result.

I still have the previous version of VXLE III and all the voxels I tested above react fine.
I'm unsure if this is something related to just my pc or if its a bug in the new version of VXLE III.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Tac.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is that the coordinates system from VXLSE III was recently changed to be compatible with external models and to cause less problems when we export them in the future.

So, x is lateral (right side is positive), y is height (top is positive) and z is depth (front is positive), which still follows the right hand rule.

Anyway, regarding nudge, depending on the view, it is indeed screwed up. And I forgot to change the views as well. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Tacyarts
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for that Banshee,

I was worried I'd have to stop drinking while I was voxeling. Thought I might have had 1 too many beers Very Happy

Tac

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Views fixed in the revision 264 and Nudge fixed in revision 265. Grab the latest revision HERE.

Tacyarts
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All working great now thanks Banshee.

I did notice 1 small thing but its not important, the "rotate Left" and "rotate right" in the 3D modelizer are reversed.

Tac

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum