Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Supplier
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject:  Supplier Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name: Supplier
Faction : Consortium
Type: Healing+Repair Unit
Weapon: N/A
Abilities: Creation Support Area [that Heal/Repair all unit in area]

The Supplier's can repair field repairs all ally units in his radius,

Current Status [can be change for better balance]
Hp 250 [Heavy]
Speed 5
Effect Point = 50
Rate of Effect = 200
Area Effect = 4
Cost = 1200

Last edited by Holy_Master on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:26 am; edited 5 times in total

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you mean, 'The enemy can you this effect as well.'

I love your units man, great stuff! I tried to find something to critique on it, but it's pretty perfect the way it is. I can't wait, till this mod is finished.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's an interesting unit mechanic. I like it, though it looks quite different to the rest of the Federation's units. Have you considered making it act as an APC too? as it looks like one.

BTW Holy_Master, your work is making me consider turning all my units into SHPs (with the exception of aircraft), the added detail is great in comparison to the lack of tilting on slopes Wink.

Last edited by Machine on Thu May 21, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fixed! thank you to help me fix my grammar. Very Happy

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem. And, I never realized all of your units were SHP. I noticed a few were, like the inspector fortress. Wow, that's great! Is there really no way to make them tilt on slopes though?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
That's an interesting unit mechanic. I like it, though it looks quite different to the rest of the Federation's units. Have you considered making it act as an APC too? as it looks like one.

BTW Holy_Master, your work is making me consider turning all my units into SHPs (with the exception of aircraft), the added detail is great in comparison to the lack of tilting on slopes Wink.

in the early plan i want it act as apc but when i consider player need to Deploy to use their abilities that will make logic going stack .

for full Shp TS mod i'm not sure about it but if it already got 32 facing compile. i can't see any problem to do it, you lost unit tilt but you can add a lot of interesting animation.

Quote:
no way to make them tilt on slopes though?

yes. not possible to do that. it may look odd when you play it on first but finally you'll see it's not big problem. Wink

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Holy_Master:
Currently just tanks and aircraft are meant to be voxels, everything else, mechs, hover vehicles, ships (buildings and infantry too, of course) are shps. Actually, with the 32 facings hack, SHPs seems to be the best format for hover vehicles and ships, since both don't tilt on slopes, and in the case of ships I can have a nice wave effect when they move, and even a sinking animation.

Anyways, I didn't notice the Supplier deployed, maybe it could have an animation where it opens a pair of doors on it's side, showing that it is giving supplies Wink.

@TheNecro:
Well IMO I wouldn't miss it too much, I didn't miss it on Starcraft or Age of Empires (which featured a lot of "hills"), and the added detail looks great. The only downside is that there's no 32 facings hack for YR, AFAIK.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent model. It looks like a high technology vehicle.

Can you show the green animation?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...

Quote:
Name: Supplier
Faction : All Orbital Federation factions
Type: Healing/Repair unit
Weapon: N/A
Abilities: Healing/Repair field

Because the Federation (Federal if you want) always has limited time for ground-based operations, there must always be at least one Supplier unit with every ground-based force. The Supplier carries a lot of supplies like spare parts, medic kits, ammo and even food. For the dangerous role the Supplier takes on, it is heavily armored to protect it from enemy fire, and it is not armed in any way, perhaps crushing some infantry.

The Supplier's repair field repairs all units in it's radius, which unfortunately means enemy units will also be repaired if they get in range of the Supplier.

It sounds better now. #Tongue

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a nice rig Wink Its an ambulance and repair vehicle right?Its a very nice combo.And like what Machine suggested,make an APC variant which may be armed with a gun.

Anyways,great model Smile 10/10

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank to destiny i fixed it already.

this's some animation,ok it doesnt look epic but it still useful.

truly this unit have animation in it self but Healing anim close it all. - -"

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps make the animation more transparent...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i say use the ion cannon blast wave from TS. It'll look better than that. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ion blast is an effect from the engine, not an anim. oh, and guess what? Ares re-enables it Laughing

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know the Ion Cannon is 2 animations, the actual beam (ionbeam.shp) and a blast animation (ring1.shp), it also uses a distortion effect blast generated by the engine.

keithktam
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject:  look super awesome Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i really like the idea of using shp instead of voxels. It really brings out the details. Is this mod first employed this shp concept??

the problem though(not a critc, just pointing out 4 discussion), is that since it is not a real 3d or voxels, when mutiple of same unit pack together, they look flat and repeatness there, i think the main reason is that no real time tonal values are casted on the shps.....
I wonder if star craft have the same issue, sorry, don't have SC with me, can't point out the specific.....

Holly master, you are the gretest game modder/modeller i have seen here, keep up the good work! Although i don't know sh** about modding, i am a 3d modeller myself, really hope we can get connected, and talk about stuffs, because i am crazy about animation and VFX.

sloute to all of you. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon