Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ra2 Elite edition Ss Dump
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [103 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
High Templar X
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not too keen on the font. It's messy, squashed and looks terrible. Keep it to a nice clean font like Tahoma or Helvetica.

neogrant
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take a look at youtubes thumbs up :p Also, can the faction flags animate?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

neogrant wrote:
Take a look at youtubes thumbs up :p Also, can the faction flags animate?
No they are still pcx files at 8 bit indexed colour.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

High Templar X wrote:
Not too keen on the font. It's messy, squashed and looks terrible. Keep it to a nice clean font like Tahoma or Helvetica.

The font is fine...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

High Templar X wrote:

The font is fine...
DaRTzO and Aro's humor...not so much. #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to agree with Fen on the font.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I have to agree with Fen on the font.

How the F00k am I supposed to know who FEN is? Templar?

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the screens, but not the font, It's too thin.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
DaRTzO and Aro's humor...not so much. #Tongue

Oh all of you lighten the fuck up.

Quote:
How the F00k am I supposed to know who FEN is? Templar?

Templar is Fen, yes.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I increase the spacing or sizes too much it will screw up the skin as the skin is just using the backgrounds to create a illusion of a GUI.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The finally finished Rhino tank, took a damn while #Mad
Comments, the good, the bad and the fugly?!

It's still to get a performance optimization but the visuals are finished as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: I appologise the epileptic seizure you just had!

Last edited by DaRTzO on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Ghost of Christmas Past
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs ingame screenshots, VH HVA builder makes things look much better than they are.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ghost of Christmas Past wrote:
Needs ingame screenshots, VH HVA builder makes things look much better than they are.

Also the in game voxel renderer makes things look much worse then they are.
How ever I like how it looks in game and I enjoy using my rhinos much more now.

The Ingames Have arrived in the post above!.

carnage_xploade
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats looks very good, great job

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great job, Martin. That makes a brilliant Rhino replacement.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Great job, Martin. That makes a brilliant Rhino replacement.

Thank you Aro. It's based on the original westwood model as well. Very Happy

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I haven't been posting much here.
Also the work on this project has been slow at best.

Anyway here's the latest update!

After messing around with some texturing in photoshop this is what I came up with.

I also decided to try my hand at making buildings. These 2 are the first.
A Soviet base expansion building transforming from a vehicle and a new Soviet battle lab.

NO RIPPING! Twisted Evil [/img]

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd remove the TS ammo crates from the expansion hub, and remove the Allied Radar piece that doesn't match the rest of the Soviet structure. It could also look a bit better if you could remove the Yuri domes as well.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The crane is good, but I agree with M666 that the ammo crate makes it look messy.
I'm not a big fan of the "New Soviet Battlelab", because it is so different to the other soviet buildings. Personally, I prefer the RA2 original.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ammo crates probably look off because i resized em after placing them and I also used the sharpen filter on em.

As for the battle lab. I didn't like the boxy lowtech looking sov battle lab so I wanted a more high tech looking version. I have touched up the domes already incase anyone hasn't noticed it was one of the main features that attracted me to its design and the spy sat dish was the only fitting thing I could think of pasting there, instead of that big lower dome.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ditch ammocrate... especially if you used the one in ra2 thats westwood resized one from TS so already crappy... not to mention spysat dish looks bad.

Frankly, the new battle lab isn't too fitting as Yuri architecture isn't soviet exactly...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just use the prerelease lab if you want more high tech... looks better and works better for balance reasons as well, since the Soviet Lab is already bigger than the Allied counterpart an even bigger structure would be totally unfair.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's same size (foundation) just a bit higher...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks 4x4 to me, which is also the size of YACOMD.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can balance it by increasing it's strenght and making sure the maps featured have plenty of build room.

Here is the new version of the battle lab.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still not a fan, it just looks like a pink/brown version of a Yuri structure. It has too many curves, and as a result it just doesn't work.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The sides, with those red stripes are too Yuri formed, you should make them more squared like Soviet structures do. Compare the Psychic Sensor to the Psychic Radar and you know what I am talking about.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's too easy to see what ye are saying it's just I don't give a ****. I like it I put a good bit of effort into it and your suggestions have been noted. It's like everything needs to be square... it's a battle lab, a research center, it's where they experiment , where the new stuff comes from and by the story and the tech that you get from a battle lab you would expect yuri to be floating around inside on of these. Thus I'm keeping the slopes, also it wouldn't look as good as it does now (to me) if I removed the slopes and made them all solid angles. It's as if soviets wouldn't be capable of building sloped supports.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didnt say you had to remove them, I meant to make them more squared. Not ) but more like }

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL! I got the idea after the first mention... (sharp angles).
I still like this more, makes me want to make a battle lab every game on ra2.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
It's too easy to see what ye are saying it's just I don't give a ****.
Don't post if you can't take comments. No one wants to see your stuff for the sake of it, your (presumably) posting for advice and advice has been given.

DaRTzO wrote:
It's like everything needs to be square... it's a battle lab, a research center, it's where they experiment , where the new stuff comes from and by the story and the tech that you get from a battle lab you would expect yuri to be floating around inside on of these. Thus I'm keeping the slopes, also it wouldn't look as good as it does now (to me) if I removed the slopes and made them all solid angles. It's as if soviets wouldn't be capable of building sloped supports.
When cut n' paste fails its when its obvious where the parts came from. That structure is obviously Yuri's Command Centre and what's more Yuri's architecture is very different to that of the Soviets. It's all well and good randomly changing graphics but it should at least be consistent to create faction identity.

Much like Nod vs GDI. Yuri's architecture is very fancy, partly to show his greater mental intelligence I'm sure, whilst Soviet structures are more about practicality. Besides that their brick work is just plain different so if you don't at least change that it can't possibly fit in well.

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump! #evil Idea

Introducing the soviet armory.

Buildable after warfactory.
Unlocks demo truck , ivan and terrorist.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad looking, although the roof could be improved.

Looks messy/still under construction?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was to be the finished piece without the touch up's I had in mind due to lazyness. Any reasonable suggestions on how to improve it are welcome.

Tell me why you think the roof could use work and why it looks messy to you?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it looks good. One of the best Copy & Paste structures I've seen in a long time. Nice job, Martin.

iNs0MNiaC & iNsuRRecT, good times.

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please don't use that tiny writing when you aim a post at me. #Tongue

Thank you and yeah I miss those days.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, all your structures look like poop. Sorry. Confused

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go die?

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
It's too easy to see what ye are saying it's just I don't give a ****. I like it I put a good bit of effort into it and your suggestions have been noted. It's like everything needs to be square... it's a battle lab, a research center, it's where they experiment , where the new stuff comes from and by the story and the tech that you get from a battle lab you would expect yuri to be floating around inside on of these. Thus I'm keeping the slopes, also it wouldn't look as good as it does now (to me) if I removed the slopes and made them all solid angles. It's as if soviets wouldn't be capable of building sloped supports.

Be easy man, they're just comments, they have played RA2 lots of times and that's why they can notice the different building styles of the factions. It doesn't mean your tech lab is wrong or looks bad.
Personally, I love it, and I think it's not bad to have a bit of Yuri's style influence, after all, he worked with the soviets from the beginning of RA2. Keep up the good work, don't stop because of some comments.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symphonic wrote:

I didn't want to be the first one to say that, but I must fully agree.

Steam

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And since when are you capable of producing any graphics what so ever?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symphonic wrote:

The least you could do is tell him why you think his work looks bad. It's almost as if you're deliberately trying to provoke him by throwing out bad comments without handing a single word of advice as to what he could improve upon. There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crane: Remove the ammo crate, it looks bad.
Tech Center: Make more an effort to have it look at least similar to the rest of the buildings. As is, it's too dark and aesthetically alien to the other Soviet buildings
Armoury: Lighting is sub-par, and the crane on the top makes it look messy.

Apart from that, I have no problems with it.

Last edited by Orac on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your contribution orac.

BTW Aro those party poopers above...

I wouldn't even consider that criticism more like smack talk.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I like the concept of that armory structure, I think you should remove Yuri's Launchpad parts from it. Parts from various sides buildings shouldn't be mixed in a way we can notice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And since when are you capable of producing any graphics what so ever?

Because it obviously takes more than a pair of eyes to see what does and doesn't look good?

Quote:
Armoury: Lighting is sub-par, and the crane on the top makes it look messy.

Not to mention the lack of shadow and the back "exit" pieces make the structure look less and less out of the proper perspective.

@Symphonic, Fen:
Quote:
There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism.

You've gotta at least go the mile and post what you don't like about it, after all I know that PreRA2 graphics don't come out perfect the first time and it's helpful to have more opinions on how to improve them.

@DaRtZo:
Quote:
Go die?

This was completely and totally unnecessary. This is just you trying to make yourself feel better after your artwork was given criticism or something. Either way it's a pretty sketchy thing to say to another member despite his opinion of your work.

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="m7"]
Quote:
And since when are you capable of producing any
Quote:
Go die?

This was completely and totally unnecessary. This is just you trying to make yourself feel better after your artwork was given criticism or something. Either way it's a pretty sketchy thing to say to another member despite his opinion of your work.

So saying ''go die'' after some one just says your work is ''shit'' is unnecessary... Good logic you got there.

Can't you just ignore the bs and comment on the ''crappy'' work then?

The back entrance perspective is kinda hard to get right in photoshop.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the "roof" of the Armory needs like either radio mast or something which doesn't resemble a hole unless of cos its a hole for a smoke anim.

At moment it looks the engineers are still building the roof part due to the crane thing.

Also as others have said, lack of shadows is a downer on such a large structure.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lack of shadows, the incorrect lighting perspective, the incompleteness of the building, the repetitiveness of the texturing and the red dots everywhere also tend to kill structures.

There. If dartzo wants real criticism, there you go.

Steam

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback. As you all keep mentioning the roof.. the crane and the hole have the idea that it's used to lift ammo crates and weapons out of it.

I will try and give them a rework next time I'm at home again.

I'd like to keep the idea of the crane ontop of the armory. Throw some suggestions at me please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [103 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon