Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
T-85 Heavy Tank
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject:  T-85 Heavy Tank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The T-85 is a Russian variant of the proposed T-84, introduced in 1982 to the Moscow military district. Production of the T85 was rapidly increased and it now serves as the standard front line tank of the Red Army, replacing GWWII era T72/80s. It has been upgraded with Explosive Reactive Armour giving it superior strength and endurance in combat.

With it's twin 100mm cannons, and it's heavy machine gun, the T-85 is an outstanding assault platform for any Soviet commander.

However, despite its secondary machine gun armament the T85 is a poor choice against positions held by allied infantry. The weapon is designed more for suppression rather than incapacitation of enemy personnel and therefore has rather appalling accuracy. Some crewmen have been known to joke the twin 100mm guns would be better choices against personnel, were there not a standing order forbidding their use in this way.

The principle enemies of the T85 in a projected ground combat scenario would be enemy anti-tank weaponry, aircraft and armour. T85s are also superior in equal numbers to Allied Nations Light Tanks, but are slightly inferior to Allied MBTs. However, when in great enough numbers they are capable of overwhelming MBT's when approaching in formation.

Last edited by ConMan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 am; edited 11 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"We will bury them!"
I love this one already #Tongue

[Ninja]
Muahaha, your glorious leader doesn't even have to post to give his opinion. I'm with the comrade here in his opinion, and blame me for the wall of text as I ninja'd it in #Tongue
[/what Ninja?]

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you could just make the barrel tilt a bit less, then it would be even greater.
You are progressing at a lightning speed! Keep it up. Wink

[Ninja]
The Glorious premier neglects to post and uses others to answer their own questions. Firangle=, consider it done.[/cloud of soviet-looking smoke]

[Ninja]That sorts that problem, I'm using the ways of the ninja to deliver peole answers with their questions anyways, what's the big problem?[/lol]

Last edited by 0warfighter0 on Sat May 30, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comrades, look to your own posts to find the answers you seek Wink

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice (but heavy) Tank Very Happy
i like it but it looks like you'll have to pull of something big to out gun this bad boy

Approved

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all very much for your comments Smile

The plating on the turret took ages for me to get correctly. It looked bad at some angles, and IMO it still does Confused

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked it better in green...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But that's the Allies' colour! You can't have two "green" sides, it'll end up a Drabfest...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, but grey is the essence of drab.
I'm not asking that the scheme be changed (Except, maybe, to full remap #Tongue), I just liked it better as a green vehicle.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
full remap

*Spews insides*
Tried this with one or two voxels a while ago and I can assure you it's fugly...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm....
Yeah, pro'ly right.
Though
Quote:
#Tongue
meant something there.

#Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue I get ya

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Conman mentioned that the barrels were from one of Stinger's(spelling) voxels. have they been replaced?

Oh, and can the Mammoth Tank be remade in this style too, Albrecht?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sure Wink I've decided. This is the new soviet style #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yah they are the Apocalypse Tank barrels. Thought I recognised em. #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehehe, I'll get him to give this baby its own guns, gotta say they aren't half bad though. #Tongue

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yah, for the gun barrels I followed Stingerrs design, except I made them darker, and patched up a few spots.

Last edited by ConMan on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This tank looks mean. It's mean. Really mean. It'll rip you to shreds if you don't take care of yourself.

Epic, damn it.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GREAT! Twisted Evil

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

small bump, edited

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened with Albrecht?..Haven't seen him in ages.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He left to Freedom Studios.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,he can't be that mad so that he disappears from my MSN list too #Tongue

But,really,didn't he leave modding too for Modern Warfare?...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He got banned here for flaming n00bs iirc. He also thought PPM had become to silly for his mod. I don't really care tbh, I will maintain the PPM section of MV.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll still update here.

Ghost of Christmas Past
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
didn't he leave modding too for Modern Warfare?

This was a few moths old but still, seeings as everyone knows this is my (slightly empty) ship thanks to somebody... Rolling Eyes I may as well say this: mod is not dead. Unfortunately ini code doesn't make pretty pictures and neither does wishing you could find more people capable of graphics...

Bugger it. I'll go take a few screenshots of infantry then show something I did with Ares.

It's not really that this place is too silly for MV. I mean Aro and Crim, Donut, Dats, Nyers, Bittah et al are solid Guys, it's just I was banned, couldn't be bothered to re-register or anything and figured I'd move anyways. Fen is a good Admin and host and the crowd there is pretty nice. It's a little slower, but it's worth it.

Anyway, I'm off now, I may or may not be back with pictures and text...

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well good to here its not dead, i will at least still be keeping an eye on this mod However dont expect posts on the forum you moved to unless guest posting is on, if i did join i dought i would last very long due to my opinions and certian user with "fancy" titles.

As long as something gets the updates and downloads im fine, im sure ive still got your msn to bug you on :pP

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon