Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
3d view shows my model in black!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject:  3d view shows my model in black! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive just downloaded the new version of vse III but when i try to reopen any of my voxels it turns black in the 3d view, i cant see it, is it any patch i can use to solve this problem? my pc is windows xp

Dibujo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.85 MB
 Viewed:  8046 Time(s)

Dibujo.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is your voxel normalized?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.... I sense a shader problem #Tongue.

I need some information from you:

1) What is your video card, processor and RAM?

2) Do your shader directory (inside VXLSEIII directory) includes exactly these 4 files?

- phong_1tex_fragmentshader.txt
- phong_1tex_vertexshader.txt
- phong_fragmentshader.txt
- phong_vertexshader.txt

If there are any file with the term 'error' in the name, please, attach it here.

Tacyarts
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I experienced the same problem yesterday, after updating to the latest ver of VXLE III. Unfortunatley I posted asking for help in the wrong area.

Cranium and Banshee suggested I update to the latest drivers for my video card ( ATi Radeon 9550 ) which I downloaded from the AMD support pages and it solved the issue on my system.

Tac.

P.S.

Banshee is it possible to move my other post asking for help to this area ?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the problem is caused by not having the latest drivers, then it is not a bug of the program. So, I've moved this topic to the support area.

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pentium dual core cpu
e5200 2,50 Ghz
3.23 Gb RAM
intel g33/g31 express chipset family
i think thats all what you were asking me;
yes there are all of those files
nope there isnt any file that has error on its name
today i updated my videocard and nope it didnt solved my problem
also sorry for the late reply

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your graphics card does not support GLSL shaders. At least not the ones I wrote.

I have to add an option to disable shaders.

Could you inform me what are the files inside your shader directory (that is inside VXLSE III directory)? If there are any files that have 'error' in the name, please, quote their text here.

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these are the files that are inside the shader directory:
phong_1tex_fragmentshader.txt
phong_1tex_vertexshader.txt
phong_fragmentshader.txt
phong_vertexshader.txt

and no, there are not any files that have error in its name

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I'll have to change the way it deals with lack of shader support. The only problem is that I do not have an incompatible intel graphics card to test the non-shader mode support.

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, thanks

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for the late post but is there somewhere i can download a non-so recent patch? its just a bit hard to draw voxels while not seeing how the voxel is going in general

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kakrain
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you Banshee

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum