Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
AI development
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject:  AI development
Subject description: Oh shi*, progress!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After doing two deployments in the USMC I've gathered enough time to get back to serious modding as of the last couple of weeks. I will be traveling again over the next couple of days to my new station in Japan, so while I do that, progress will again be put on temporary hold.

EVA-251 has officially declared this project dead a while ago, and I have taken full modding control over it. That's not to say I don't intend to finish my own projects either.

But I digress. The 1950s-era NATO side has a working basic AI, and I've made a new map, set in Korea.

Korea: Ridgeline (2P)

The AI in action: an armor and artillery face-off with a NATO enemy. Notice the M7s in the bottom-right corner owning the enemy from that distance.

Other features include:
- The Airforce Command Center can launch airstrikes on targets. It is mostly in development still but the concept works. Simply click the building and order an attack on an enemy structure in range. It has a minimum range to eliminate the possibility of hitting a target inside your own base.
- New soundtrack. So far three temp themes have been added. I intend to make all-originals eventually but this will do for now.
- New Pillbox and Defense Turret buildings and icons.

Future updates:
Working 1950s Warsaw Pact AI and expanding capability of NATO's.

Stay tuned for a future beta release! (Release time TBA)

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

way cool. but FLH needs working on

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Dammit. i was so sure I had that one fixed. Razz

FLH issues were a mess when I picked the project back up, but for the most part they are about done. Anyway, I've found a spot here in Okinawa that I can get internet at so I can update my website while I finish checking in. no major progress will be posted for another two to four days though I'm afraid, as my time is obviously severely limited at this point.

Either way, thanks for your support Dubzac. Smile

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warsaw AI is now functional. And boy are those Katyushas evil. For now, the AI tends to do frontal assaults only, first with infantry, followed by heavy tanks, and artillery if they have 'em. They like to camp a safe distance outside your base before attack, so make sure your outlying infantry are safe from snipers.

Hey snipers, look up!

Black dots on the T-54 will be fixed, as will the BTR-50's lack of remap.

Now on ModDB!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon