Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Help PLS
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject:  Help PLS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if i get some words wrong im frome Germany

Need help With the mod. I got it running with the retail version. but since i got the steam ting theres just probs with it. I got thi mod selector running with the -ui trick

"D:\L4D\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 tiberium wars\CNC3.exe" -ui"

I placed the mod in this folder:

"C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\mods\TiberiumEssence" (v1.4)

But when i start the game with the new Linkup It whont start. it says "Missing Launcher" see Pitcher..

I already asked Steam support. Thay told me ask EA and thay told me sry no mod support and i did use the search and googled. Lots of peps have the same proplem but no results.......

so u guys are my last chance.....

Here some more Info:

Game version should be the newest (1.9) Steam updates automaticly

System:

Computer:
Computertyp ACPI x64-based PC
Betriebssystem Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Service Pack -
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
DirectX DirectX 11.0
Computername MIKE-PC

Motherboard:
CPU Typ QuadCore AMD Phenom, 3400 MHz (17 x 200)
Motherboard M4A79XTD EVO
Motherboard Chipsatz AMD 790X, AMD K10

KeyBoard
G19 LogiTech

Arbeitsspeicher 8192 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
DIMM2: Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
DIMM3: Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
DIMM4: Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
BIOS Typ AMI (07/17/09)

Grafik:
# Art: Plug-in-Karte
# Produktzertifizierungen: Plug and Play
# Schnittstellen Typ: PCI Express 2.0 x16
# Videoausgang: 2560 x 1600
# Grafikprozessor / Hersteller: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
# Installierter Grafikspeicher (Max.): 1.5 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM
# API-Unterstützung: DirectX 11, OpenGL 3.2
# Anzahl der max. unterstützten Bildschirme: 2
# HDCP-kompatibel: Ja
# Taktrate: 700 MHz

Monitor Hannstar Hi241 [28" LCD]

Multimedia:
Soundkarte Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic/Platinum Sound Card

ScreenShot.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  23938 Time(s)

ScreenShot.PNG

rcp90
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it's just some missing text strings. You should be able to select the mod and play it, still.

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can select it but when i doppel clik it it trys 2 start but then the mod select window shows up again

Valherran
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your in the replay section, not the mods section.

go to modifications tab in the autorun menu to access it.

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe if you make a shortcut loading the mod,it would work.
According to the information you provided,the thing to put in target field would be:

"D:\L4D\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 tiberium wars\CNC3.exe" -modConfig "C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\mods\TiberiumEssence\TiberiumEssence_1.4.skudef"

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi first of all thx 4 fast replay.

@Valherran.

Witch autorun menu do yo mean?? That is actuly the problem. The Steam version dosent have such a autorun entry such as the Retail version. Thats why i had to start over:

Last edited by JarHead01 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Cantdrawbutmod.

It didnt work...... Sad

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just 4 info i did try ealier versions to

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u guys whont belive it after i posted i went into the settings of th game and seted the from german 2 english and look....... but STILL DOSENT START. It just falls back to the mod selector #Mad

ScreenShot2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  622.26 KB
 Viewed:  23864 Time(s)

ScreenShot2.PNG

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made TE run on a Steam version of TW, but this was at a friend's pc. The only downside was that he could only run the mod, and not the original game (I changed the shortcut in Steam to start the mod directly, without that menu). I ain't sure how I did it though. If you want to do it this way, I'll ask my friend to give me his shortcut stuff Wink

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be cool for a try

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Steam, go to your TW shortcut, and then to its properties.
In General, edit the Set Launch Options.
In there, add this:
-modConfig "the_location_of_your_TW_documents_folder\TiberiumEssence_1.4.skudef"

Now this shortcut should run TE instead of normal TW. To run normal TW, remove this from the Launch Options.

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx @ Dutchygamer but that didnt work either.......

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, then I don't know it either. Sorry Confused

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So i gott the problem solved......

The Problem is the cnc3game.dat

I got me one from gamecopyworld replaced it and wola it just started.......

Thx to every ones help and trying. If wished I will post all the steps i maid to getting it running later on 2day.

JarHead01
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So like i said the steps to be able to play mods

1. Dont buy C&C Tiberium Wars from steam. If u already did follow further instructions.

2. Place the mod u wanna play to folder to: "C:\Users\your name\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\mods

If there is no such mod folder creat one

3. Go to your steam installation folder and make a link to desktop from the cnc3.exe ("D:\L4D\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 tiberium wars\CNC3.exe")

4. Make a right clik on the link and ad -ui at th end of the destination command line.

5. Go to installation folder from C&C Tiberium Wars and replace the cnc3game.dat with one from a RETAIL VERSION (dont no if its allowd 2 post link)

D:\L4D\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 tiberium wars\RetailExe\1.9

6. Make sure your game and steam options are set ENGLISH other wise it wont work.

7. Now start game with new link. (i called it c&c 3 mod) select GAME BROWSER go to mod tab select mod launch the game and have fun. Works fine even in the missions

8. DONT FORGET TO MAKE BACKUPS FROM REPLACED STUFF.

If furter help is needed just pn me..... Wink

Sedistix
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been boycotting steam since it's inception. No worries on that from here.

Valherran
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steam was never too savy with MODs in general, I was ran across some stupid issue where as I run the game from the discs it came with it runs perfect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon