Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hellfire MLRS
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject:  Hellfire MLRS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cost: 850
Prerequisite: Warfactory, radar
Role: Medium range support (anti-armour)
Strengths: Long range
Weaknesses: Poor armor, slow speed, long reload time, can't fire at targets that are too close

As Nod is not able to challenge GDI vehicles in their armor or firepower, they rely on different ways to deal with this threat. Hellfire MLRS is designed to be the first unit to open fire in any combat situation, allowing it to deal the first blow. Alone they will deal only so much damage, but when used in numbers, they are able to pick off targets without fear of being hit themselves. They work best when used in combination with other units, allowing the Hellfire MLRS to stay in the back and keep picking off enemy units, while the other units provide protection for these fragile vehicles. They work wonders in defensive missions where they are backed up by the base defences and other units. They also work as makeshift artillery as they can outrange all base defences bar the Obelisk of Light.

Last edited by SuperJoe on Thu May 02, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little bit like the TD GDI MLRS huh?

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

vladek515
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like you recolored the unused one

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because he has no graphical artists perhaps?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt: This unit is a dedicated anti-armour unit though, I recall the Tiberian Dawn missile launcher being more of an anti-infantry thing. Also the Hellfire has even more range and very long reload time.

vladek515: Yep, if you look at the Nod Grinder you can see it's based on the unused Devil's Tongue too. The mod is mostly based on public assets that I've edited to fit in to the sides or my own edits of westwood assets. I'll soon include the original creator of each voxel / shp to these profiles so credit goes where its due.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks boring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon