Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Goals, features, story and team of TDX: The Info thread
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject:  Goals, features, story and team of TDX: The Info thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THE GOAL
The goal of TDX is simply to put one last, strong breath of life into one of the greatest games of all times, C&C1, by closing some balance holes, adding many new high-quality single- and multiplayer maps and if possible, add some units, weapons and graphics that fit into the TD universe and enhance it.

FEATURES (updated 5th Sept. 2010)

What TDX WILL feature:
- New multiplayer maps
- New singleplayer campaigns
- Heavily revamped balancing
- A few new units
- A few new weapons
- A new terrain theater

What TDX MIGHT feature (not guaranteed, but possible):

- a few new explosions and other animations
- even more single- and multiplayer maps
- some tweaked graphics
- another new terrain theater

What TDX WON'T feature (no matter how much you ask for it):
- A RA1-like skirmish AI. Programming a working AI would be hard enough; assembly-hacking one is simply impossible.
- new superweapons
- RA1-like airfields/buildable A-10s
- Anything else that would require too much programming/hacking

THE STORY
The time-frame of TDX spans from the time around mission 4/5 from the original game until some time AFTER GDI destroyed Kane and his Temple of Nod.
For both sides, the player takes the role of a commander that starts out rather low-ranked, working his way up the ladder during the campaign. You'll even get some info on what happened after Nod was defeated in Sarajevo, and why GDI wasn't able to fully defeat Nod after the destruction of the temple.
Further details will follow.

THE TEAM
Currently, following people are working on TDX:

Reaperrr (me)
Position: Team Leader
Working on: maps, missions, balance, story

Nyerguds
Position: Coder
Working on: adding support for new stuff

raminator
Position: Unit gfx guy, terrain artist
Working on: Unit gfx and terrain Wink

Hyper
Position: Art guy
Working on: stuff like logos, also helping Nyerguds with coding

Crimsonum
Position: Mapper
Working on: single- and multiplayer maps

Tore
Position: Mapper
Working on: single- and multiplayer maps

revolutionary
Position: Tester
Working on: Testing balance changes etc.

Last edited by Reaperrr on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 4 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Crimson maybe? #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And ehh, im back to Hyper now, i was just messing around #Tongue

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about me? Sad

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
What about me? Sad

arrgh forgot you, sorry Embarassed , I'll fix it asap.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What did you guys have in mind for reorganizing GDI and Nod's tech tree? Different prerequisites, and such?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

please fix the mrls, longer range, more power and NOT needing the advanced comm to build, lol.
-Liam

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we need smurfs on drugs and flying monster penises... <_<

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need no changes to the Rocket Launcher. A longer range means it could outrange Obelisks.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obbie's weaknesses are power requirement and air attacks. The MLRS shouldn't outrange it, no.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely no.

But seriously, has the new tech tree for the game been finalized. I mean, theres not much to change, but it's interesting to see what you guys have in mind.

For example: does the SSML really need a defence building to be made? What if you wanna keep your power free'd up? What are your thoughts on this?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whiteshoes-n-gloves wrote:
please fix the mrls, longer range, more power and NOT needing the advanced comm to build, lol.
-Liam

Why do you keep wanting to kill the special C&C GDI vs. Nod chemistry, are you some kind of Starcraft-balance-fag?

Dominant posed an very interesting question, it would be very interesting to know what you guys are going to do with the techtree...

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, I didnt realise it would out range the ob. nah, keep the range as is then. Though it deffinately shouldnt need advanced comm to build, it makes a unit that should probly have a lower pre-requeset than a mammoth into one thats the HIGHEST tech available. and then you STILL playing 800 for something that i think is only a little better than an artillery, which I remind you is only 450.
-Liam

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mlrs has AA arty doesn´t...
arty is less accurate

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, the Mammoth Tank requiring a repair bay.... I dunno about that one.

The MCV requiring it instead of each factions superweapon/final tech building could allow base expansions happening at lower tech level games. NEATO!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Also, the Mammoth Tank requiring a repair bay.... I dunno about that one.

Oh LOL. That reminds me of the one time in the third last mission with GDI: I was repairing a damaged Mammy, when suddenly some Nod engies sneaked in from the southern corner and captured the repair bay and the Mammoth too Laughing

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
mlrs has AA arty doesn´t...
arty is less accurate

MLRS is also much faster, especially at turning, and has more hitpoints.

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont think the HP really comes into it, both are light and are killed with anything other than troops. Yeah, the big differences beteen the two are:
1. AA (though please not that note nod ONLY has apache, and apache will waste it AND only requires hand of nod)
2. accuracy, the fact taht the MRLS is turretted allows it to aim properly, I feel the artys "im not going to bother to try to shoot because that target is moving, even though I'm bloody inacurate anyway" really anoying, and on that note, this IS the main differnce between the two.
3. speed, arty slow, nuf said. But both are PRETTY swow, and if caught, are dead.

The point im getting at is that its really only a troops killer, and you need FULL tech level to get it, its just silly. WHY do u need advanced comm? I know people think "mmm, its only as expensive as a med tank" but thats quite expensive really, same as a flame tank (which is awsome btw) and only 100 less than stealth. Yet its not anywhere near as good, shouldnt it be more like 500-600?
regular comm, ok, ill give you that, but not advanced. Its not even a really high tech veh, its a real thing. I think I like the idea that you'd mix it (or keep it behind) med tanks, and have the mrls dealing damage over the top of them, but it just NEVER works that way at all. What's other peoples thoughts on the veh. I think its perhaps the ONLY one in the whole game I dont perchase. Id like to see it used in games. And I think its cool and would like to use it myself.
-Liam

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turret doesn't matter at all, seeing as a turret's turning speed and the vehicle's turning speed are exactly the same.
Not to mention, the Rocket Launcher & SSM have a special logic that practically disables the turret's independent rotation anyway.

Liam, you seem to forget that both are artillery. They are incredibly good at what they're made for - taking out structures. Use an MLRS or artillery against power plants and you'll see they mow through it faster than any other unit, and from a relatively safe distance.

Giving GDI stuff that requires a comm center is kinda useless; it'd force players to keep the useless comm center around after they build the Adv. comm center.

You're right about the MLRS only being an infantry killer though. I guess it is kinda weak. It should get some kind of buff, either in health or in weapon damage.
Reaperrr argued that it's Nod's only decent mobile anti-air, but it's also pretty useless in that aspect, imo. 3 salvos of any air unit kill it, their weapon is terribly inaccurate, and they're only good vs air in groups. They're too expensive for that. When you put Stealth tanks on Guard mode they're generally better at taking down helis.

On top of that, GDI players never build them because they prefer using mammoths as AA. One mammoth is less expensive than 2 Launchers, it's lower tech (only needs repair bay) and loads stronger.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Turret doesn't matter at all, seeing as a turret's turning speed and the vehicle's turning speed are exactly the same.
Not to mention, the Rocket Launcher & SSM have a special logic that practically disables the turret's independent rotation anyway.

Liam, you seem to forget that both are artillery. They are incredibly good at what they're made for - taking out structures. Use an MLRS or artillery against power plants and you'll see they mow through it faster than any other unit, and from a relatively safe distance.

Giving GDI stuff that requires a comm center is kinda useless; it'd force players to keep the useless comm center around after they build the Adv. comm center.

You're right about the MLRS only being an infantry killer though. I guess it is kinda weak. It should get some kind of buff, either in health or in weapon damage.
Reaperrr argued that it's Nod's only decent mobile anti-air, but it's also pretty useless in that aspect, imo. 3 salvos of any air unit kill it, their weapon is terribly inaccurate, and they're only good vs air in groups. They're too expensive for that. When you put Stealth tanks on Guard mode they're generally better at taking down helis.

On top of that, GDI players never build them because they prefer using mammoths as AA. One mammoth is less expensive than 2 Launchers, it's lower tech (only needs repair bay) and loads stronger.

hm... good reasoning. I did buff the MLRS a bit in the balance beta, but I guess it could still use some more tweaking.

Do you think lower requirements (Weap/Afld only) and lower price (650) would do the trick?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Together with the weapon changes, that may do the trick, yes Smile

It's a pity C&C prerequisites don't allow one building OR the other... then we could give it the Comm Center. Oddly enough, this exception does exist to make Barracks equal hand of Nod, and ACC equal the Temple (as seen on respectively the Helipad and MCV prerequisites).

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can't make it only need WF + comm. centre? you cant make it like the flame/stealth pre-requesets? Im a little lost on that. 650 seems still too much to ME, but I supose that's for you to figure out in the balance issuses, hell, you have one guy that HAS that job, so make him sort it, and sort it good, lol.
Yeah, as it stands, its almost unusable. I think if it did HEAPS of damage it would be fine AND still be 800 to build. Think about it, med has the armour but lower attack value, while the MRLS has high attck but low amour. And this way its NOT just a GDI artillery, and adds flavour to the using of a GDI army, which I do think it lacks in multiplay, another reason why I think you should be looking at trying to bring the airstrikes into multiplay.

It IS possible to make GDI have airstikes there right? or am I barking up the wrong tree and the programming for it is out the window?
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can't make it only need WF + comm. centre? you cant make it like the flame/stealth pre-requesets? Im a little lost on that. 650 seems still too much to ME, but I supose that's for you to figure out in the balance issuses, hell, you have one guy that HAS that job, so make him sort it, and sort it good, lol.
Yeah, as it stands, its almost unusable. I think if it did HEAPS of damage it would be fine AND still be 800 to build. Think about it, med has the armour but lower attack value, while the MRLS has high attck but low amour. And this way its NOT just a GDI artillery, and adds flavour to the using of a GDI army, which I do think it lacks in multiplay, another reason why I think you should be looking at trying to bring the airstrikes into multiplay.

It IS possible to make GDI have airstikes there right? or am I barking up the wrong tree and the programming for it is out the window?
-Liam

I guess it's possible (although only Nyer can really answer that), the thing is I don't WANT GDI to have airstrikes.

about the mlrs: it DOES heaps of damage, it's just the inaccuracy that makes it somewhat useless, especially vs. units and base defenses. But yeah, maybe a little boost in that area, too.

I think ALL artillery units are a bit too weak by default, that issue will be adressed.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liam, the problem is that everyone sells their comm center after building the advanced one. That means that if you happen to lose your weapons factory after that, and have to rebuild it, advanced comm center doesn't count as prerequisite for the rocket launcher, so you need to build the (useless) normal comm center again.

I haven't looked at superweapons yet (Hyper has though, I believe), but people seem to forget that the airstrike has always been GDI's most destructive superweapon. It is horribly overpowered. Not to mention, giving GDI an additional superweapon in MP just isn't fair.

In the campaign, it's perfectly possible to give the player access to airstrikes once he builds a comm center. The problem with that is that the airstrike will be kept even after the comm center is destroyed or sold... it's not actually linked to it. This is pretty much like the fact that destroying an enemy ACC/Temple in a mission disables the AI's superweapon, but they don't get it back after rebuilding it. Because the building isn't really linked to the superweapon.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to nerf the Airstrike without breaking it? Lower the HP?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Is it possible to nerf the Airstrike without breaking it? Lower the HP?

You mean lower the HP of the A10? That would make the airstrike even more a matter of luck; simply too unpredictable, and lowering the damage of its bombs would make it almost useless in singleplayer.
And as Nyerguds said, giving GDI a 2nd superweapon wouldn't be fair.

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you lower the hp of the A-10 for multi only, so that a single sam shot (2 missiles) can take care of 1 A-10? I know your against the idea, but if its a stoppable super weapon, then it could be ok? (also, would it be possible to make it so only 1 A-10 would fly in when in multi play) IDK, I supose you'd have to figure it out balance wise. So, game testing is the answer? your ball.

On the MRLS, I was thinking, instead of it dealing more damage, could it just have a higher attack rate, so its more likely to GET hits and obviously doing more damage because of it.
hmm, I see what you mean about the idea of having the regular comm. as the requirement. Do you think this is a serious problem? one thing I would like to point out is that I think it should NOT be buildable from JUST WF, as this would alow GDI to get a quick inf killer early, which might prove an issuse against nods old early flame inf rushes. Though obviously it means they can ACTIUALLY kill them, I feel it might ruin the ballance a bit. Again, your thoughts?
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you lower the hp of the A-10 for multi only, so that a single sam shot (2 missiles) can take care of 1 A-10?

AFAIK, no.

about the MLRS, those things mentioned were just examples, the exact details of the changes will have to be tested.

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see where the MRLS should fit into the GDI army, it just doesnt quite work the way it should. As far as I can see, the Advanced gaurd is perhaps the only thing stopping Nod from rolling over them with light vehcs, so as soon as GDI is in the field, its nod's game. The MRLS is the mobile AGT, but with so little health, it cant really sort them out, if you can stop it with med tanks, thats cool, but the bikes and buggies can really just make there way around or even through the tanks, so the MRLS needs to be able to dish the damage BEFORE they get though, it doesnt have to kill all of them, just be good enough to fighten the nod player so he's not so keen on throwing them in. At least, I THINK that's where its suposed to fit.
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see where the MRLS should fit into the GDI army, it just doesnt quite work the way it should. As far as I can see, the Advanced gaurd is perhaps the only thing stopping Nod from rolling over them with light vehcs, so as soon as GDI is in the field, its nod's game. The MRLS is the mobile AGT, but with so little health, it cant really sort them out, if you can stop it with med tanks, thats cool, but the bikes and buggies can really just make there way around or even through the tanks, so the MRLS needs to be able to dish the damage BEFORE they get though, it doesnt have to kill all of them, just be good enough to fighten the nod player so he's not so keen on throwing them in. At least, I THINK that's where its suposed to fit.
-Liam

ummm...

you ARE aware that this is really the way it was intended, are you? without the ability to avoid enemy fire, the buggies and bikes would be completely useless.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr, just make a -Godmode for Liam, and he'll stop giving useless advices.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:
Reaperrr, just make a -Godmode for Liam, and he'll stop giving useless advices.

What about a buildable T-Rex with Bike speed, mammoth armor, high attack rate and a high-damage double-bite, at a price of 125 Wink

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I dont know how GDI is suposed to beat nod in the field. Im really a nod player... but then, thats because I like to be able to win... that and speed is my thing.
theyd still avoid fire, just not fromt eh MRLS. Which is why you should need more than just WF to build (that and to still alow nod inf rushes at the start). I just think GDI should have the ABILITY to beat nod in the field. If you can explain to me how its suposed to work with GDI out of the base I'll shut up, everwise, Id say thats where the MRLS goes.

lol, I dont know what's funnier, T-rex out of the WF, or dropped off by the hurculies XD. I love how it says "building" when you click on it too, makes me think about engineers putting together a T-rex... funny thing is, says the same when you click on a man to build too, only in RA did they change it to "trainning".
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I dont know how GDI is suposed to beat nod in the field. Im really a nod player... but then, thats because I like to be able to win... that and speed is my thing.
theyd still avoid fire, just not fromt eh MRLS. Which is why you should need more than just WF to build (that and to still alow nod inf rushes at the start). I just think GDI should have the ABILITY to beat nod in the field. If you can explain to me how its suposed to work with GDI out of the base I'll shut up, everwise, Id say thats where the MRLS goes.

The last 2 times I played as GDI vs. Nod, the Nod player didn't have a chance. Spamming AGTs and Med. Tanks to defend the base and then spam Mammoths to roll over him, maybe with some infantry to distract the fire of his defenses. Worked both times.
Also, Nod has a hard time vs. defensive GDI players. A base full of AGTs and mammoths is almost impossible to break with Nods weak vehicles.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, just cover your MLRS with Mediums and Infantry, easy as pancakes.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they'll still just serve as anti-infantry then though

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And buildings.

It's good to have mixed force.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
And buildings.

It's good to have mixed force.

They're only good vs. buildings that a) are big, so the missiles don't miss and b) use the armor types 1 (wood) or 2 (light).
Vs. buildings that are small and/or use 3 (heavy), like Gun Turrets, Obelisks, SAMs and the Airfield, the MLRS is less efficient than a Med. Tank.

I think I'll give the MLRS the boosts I gave it in the internal balance beta (80 damage per missile instead of 75, range 7 instead of 6) plus a lower price, lower build requirement and more hitpoints.

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you going to highten the range? I thought we said taht was no go area?
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you going to highten the range? I thought we said taht was no go area?
-Liam

We said we don't want it to outrange the Obelisk, and it won't. But it will at least outrange the Gun Turret, which combined with the other changes should make it more useful.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting times ahead...

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH, I thought that when you told me that you didn't want it to out range the ob that it meant that it was on the verge of actually doing that, but not quite, which meant that if you made it higher taht it would. Pft, well that's what I meant. LOL.
-Liam

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last time i remember, C&C95 dont have a logic like that to reveal the map, fancy coding one up for us Burton?

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This kind of things is actually what the Discussions thread is for... I'll answer it here for you now but if you want to disuss it further, please do it there.

burton6747 wrote:
When is the chemball.shp used?

Chem warrior death.

burton6747 wrote:
Can you find a way to play multiplayer/westwood online game with edited executibles. I would like to play against a real player with enhanced stats. That's something I been wanting.

That works anyway, as long as both players have the same edited stats.

burton6747 wrote:
Also...This is for Nyerguds...I said graphics were bleeding in Skirmish (Multiplayer with AI's)...Um If you want I can try taking some screenshots with FRAPS and upload em to show you. The rocket launcher still bleeds sometimes along with other units.

Restoring Print Screen screenshots isn't that hard.
I should make a guide for it -_-

burton6747 wrote:
That grenade throw sound enabled in the 1.06 patch...yeah it sounds weak and fake. I like the sound from RA better. More realistic.

Well the point of my patch isn't "put RA things in C&C" but restoring/enhancing existing features. Not to mention, the RA one isn't used ingame either.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems my "working on" tag can be changed. I completely finished adding support for new units Smile

Next: expanding the weapons and projectiles and such (finally). Which will be loads easier, since there's no AI that tries to build those and acts odd when I add more #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon