Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Well crap...
Moderators: freedom fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:  Well crap...
Subject description: Gotta situation here
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so I played this guy's mod for a while before uninstalling it but the damn mod screwed mah game FFFFFFUUUUUUU!!!! So I gathered up my mod files and uninstalled both RA2 and YR (cuz the damage was pretty bad). I reinstalled RA2. Everything went well, but when I want to install YR, they give me the error that RA2 is not detected or installed so I can't install YR. WTF, I've already installed RA2!!! #Mad #Mad #Mad

I went on to look at the add/remove programs and didn't find RA2 there, wut? Then I browsed the net to look for a solution. There are people who had or has this problem but they don't seem to get any help Sad Dammit! Just when I was gonna try out some new unit codings -_-lll Has anyone of you got into this problem before and does anyone here know how to solve this problem? Cuz I've reinstalled RA2 SIX FRIGGIN' TIMES and it still won't work.

So yeah, the mod has stalled for the time being until I can get RA2YR back up again.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had this problem too for a long time, fixed it by deleting the broken/damaged registery files.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now where do I find those files (I don't see them in the main folder)?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I don't know enough about your computer or OS, I'd recommend using Google to find a tutorial, and backing up your registries before you try anything. Conversely, there are many free programs that fix registry issues, like CCleaner.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At run (in your start menu, atleast in XP) type regedit, there search for the westwood -> RA2 and YR folder and delete them. Be careful though, doing wrong things in this program could screw your system, you are only touching the files of the games but just in case you could make a back up.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't find RA2 and YR folders, just a REG_SZ file in the Westwood folder. Should I delete that Question

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo, need clarification here. I don't wanna screw up mah comp :/

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weird...

Local_Machine/Software/Westwood

Right?

west.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.07 KB
 Viewed:  14844 Time(s)

west.PNG

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, I don't see that. I have RA2 installed currently btw.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't see what exactly? Anything in the westwood folder?
You are using "regedit" are you? I mean, who knows, you could just've been browsing it in explorer. Razz

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I've said, I only found a REG_SZ file in the Westwood folder, nothing else. Yes, I used regedit.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could back it up and then delete it, I'm afraid I can't tell you anything else.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you restart your computer after installing RA2? because I had the same problem of missing registry and what I did was that I installed RA2 then without restarting the computer I installed yuri's revenge too, then I made a back up of the westwood registry folder and whenever I would play RA2YR, I would first run the backup.reg file. The problem was fixed after i reinstalled the windows btw.
I hope you understand what im trying to say.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ever tell you guys about the time my buddy Kieth got bombed by the army? Well, Kieth went camping and shit, but he didn't read the siiiiigns that said they were testin' bombs n' shit. So Kieth got bombed. Not just by regular old bombs. They was testin fire bombs, bombs that blow up into other bombs, nerve gas bombs, and all kinds o' shit.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz, I got the problem when I tried to install YR after installing RA2 without restarting the comp (why would I wanna do that?).

Volgin, what the hell?

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Son of a %#@$^!!!

I made a backup copy of it, deleted the original damn file, reinstalled RA2 and then proceed to install YR . But still the same shit. When I want to put the backup in the registries, it reads and error and can't put it in. Now I'm REALLY PISSED!! Mad Really, WTF has gone wrong?

Looks like the mod may be on hold for some time but IT AIN'T DEAD JUST YET.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then its time to reinstall the windows Very Happy
but first i think you should try registry fixing tools or something

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any other way to resolve this problem by not reformatting/reinstall Windows? Seriously.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
.... first i think you should try registry fixing tools or something

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon