Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Paradox Device Files
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [65 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:  Paradox Device Files Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are some of paradox device files. Only the buildings, infantry and terrain shps are included, or what was finished of them. I could not release any files I didn't make them myself -ini, maps, voxels, anims and sidebars- however, if their respective creators were to be contacted for approval I would release them publicly as well.

You'll find included with every building it's palette in the same directory, if there's no palette file in the directory then use the "unittem.pal" included in the package.

I was too lazy to go through the terrain files, I just attached the terrain mix file, I don't remember what you'll find in there.

Enjoy and happy modding.

Edit: I realize I didn't post any info on this so here it goes. The shps in this package are a recreation of RA1 Buildings and Infantry in RA2/YR format. This was my own interpretation of RA1 though so some differences are present, including different shps for allied and soviet buildings. At least some of them, this is a list of the included shps:

Allied Buildings:
AAGun
Advanced Powerplant
Barracks
Chronosphere
Gap Generator
Helipad
Missile Silo
Pillbox
Powerplant
Radar Dome
Refinery
Sand Walls
Service Depot
War Factory

Soviet Buildings:
Advanced Powerplant
Airfield
Barbed Wire Fence
Barracks
Brick Wall
Construction Yard
Flame Tower
Helipad
Iron Curtain
Kennel
Powerplant
Radar Dome
Refinery
SAM Site
Service Depot
Tech Centre
Tesla Coil
War Factory

Allied Infantry:
MiniGunner
Rocket Infantry
Medic
Engineer

Soviet Infantry:
MiniGunner

It should be noted that all buildings are missing damged and snow frames, but otherwise complete. All infantry are game ready and come with art sequences.

Here is a preview of the Soviet Refinery

And you can find previews for all the soviet buildings at this thread
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8516

I don't have preview for the rest, so you'll just to check that out for yourself.

Shps.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Shps.rar
 Filesize:  3.16 MB
 Downloaded:  11612 Time(s)

rapd_temterrain.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rapd_temterrain.rar
 Filesize:  690.82 KB
 Downloaded:  3496 Time(s)

Last edited by Merophage on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, these are really good. Especially the buildup anims are well made.
Unfortunately do all buildings miss a damage frame/anim, which makes them kind of incomplete.

Though as a whole package i would say it's spotlight worthy. What do the others say?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Wow, these are really good. Especially the buildup anims are well made.
Unfortunately do all buildings miss a damage frame/anim, which makes them kind of incomplete.

Though as a whole package i would say it's spotlight worthy. What do the others say?

I second that. Nice work, terrain looks cool.

@ Merophage --- once I look at the terrain a bit better I might add some to my mod if you wouldn't mind. thought the terrain i might rename for my modding purpose. What program did you use for the buildings? Love the way the build up goes from grey to color!!!

And I will post your name is the credits for your work

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

insane detail, really good!

What about the juggernaut you made? Can you release it to?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit. Downloaded, and I WILL use this material. This is amazing stuff, and I'm glad to see it released. Many thanks to you Merophage.

SPOTLIGHT THIS IMMEDIATELY

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, you're infantry look extra hawt. Love to see your workflow sometime...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloaded because of M666's comment.

I second it. Spotlight! Now!

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah Merophage couldn't do damage frames at the time himself and one that could well...like many others slacked off Sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa, I had no idea Paradox had this well made infantry. The buildings are just as impressive.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Lin Kuei Ominae: Thanks. Like Apollo said I didn't really bother with doing damage frames at the time, would have probably done them anyway had the mod been completed.

@Nikademis Von Hisson: Thanks. Of course you can use them in whatever way you like, feel free to edit them if you want as well. As for the program, I used 3dsmax.

@ArvinCool: Thanks. I have already given all the mech models I made for Tiberian Conflict to Gangster for his Rewire mod, perhaps with his permission I could relase them publicly. However, they were rendered in a very specific setting that probably wouldn't work for more generic mods, I have attatched some images of them, if they're found to be useful as they are now, maybe you could ask Gangster, there's a good chance he won't object since he has the source 3d files and he'll probably do his own changes.

@m7: Thanks and you're welcome.

@Regulus: Thanks, maybe I can do a small tutorial if I find the time.

@Apollo: You ok with releasing the ini files?

@Orac, Crimsonum: Thanks.

wolv_542.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.63 KB
 Viewed:  44867 Time(s)

wolv_542.gif

titan_184.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.88 KB

titan_184.gif

juggy_438.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.43 KB

juggy_438.gif

Saref
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, man! Smile
Your work is awesome!
Will there will be released voxels from these mod?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic animation on those mechs.

comando
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight ! What more to say ?

Saref
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. Spotlight!

nikoleah
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I think same.
Spotlight.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlighted. Congrats Merophage. Smile

btw, nice walkanim on those mechs, even if they aren't that well suited for ingame usage due to them standing still for a moment when they put down the foot. Ingame they wouldn't stop in this moment which will give them some kind of skating look.

Public SHPs

Tools

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Saref: Thank you and you're welcome. I didn't make any of the voxels, Major Gilbear did all of them and I believe Mig Eater did one or two as well. As far as I know Major Gilbear has been unreachable for years, maybe if someone is still in contact with him and he approves I can release them, otherwise, I know he didn't like releasing his work. I'm sorry.

@OmegaBolt: Thanks.

@Lin Kuei Ominae: Thanks. The mechs worked surprisingly well ingame though, I don't know if there was some coding trickery involved or not, but there was no noticable skating ingame at all.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those have to be the best mechs I have ever seen! O.O

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you could have the mech start shifting backwards in the frame to counteract ice skating, but your work is epic.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Tony: Thanks.

@DaFool: Thanks. It wasn't anything like that, it's just a matter of tailoring the frames to go right with the unit speed, I think the trick was using a slightly lower speed than the walk anim would play normally, I know it sounds weird but it actually looks quiet nice ingame.

@Lin Kuei Ominae: I have been out of contact with the cnc modding community for a long while, so I've only just got a chance to look at your work and I have to say I'm impressed, do you use 3ds max professionally?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks. Smile No, 3ds max is just a hobby, though i wouldn't mind using it professional too. Very Happy

I can also only give that compliment back. Your mechs and buildup-anims on the buildings are plain excellent.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, what I would do to have your talent on my team.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Lin Kuei Ominae: Thanks. I'm sure with your skill you can make money off 3ds.

@Aro: Thanks for the offer but I don't have time for modding atm, especially for large projects like yours. Sorry.

I have added a link to the old Paradox Device thread here on ppm at the first post, I realize it's better to see what you're getting.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I know you're busy, that's why I haven't sent you any PM's. Razz All this material is fantastic anyway, easily some of the finest SHP work I have ever seen.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This guy wins the contest. Period.

I need to check this terrain...I sooo want a new terrain.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya'know, this would not be a bad idea for showcasing HP once i get most RA logics completed...

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The terrain is awesome! But some tiles are missing. Sad

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
The terrain is awesome! But some tiles are missing. Sad

Merophage wrote:
These are some of paradox device files. Only the buildings, infantry and terrain shps are included, or what was finished of them.

Thank you Krow for stating the obvious.

Excellent work Merophage and I hope someone is inspired to carry on with this project or fill in the missing pieces.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a start on finishing off RAPD awhile ago but didn't get very far, I plan to carry on after the D-day beta is done tho.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Aro, Deformat: Thanks.

@CCHyper: It was actually your post in the sandbox that finally got me off my lazy ass to pack this thing and upload it.

@Allied General:Thanks, and yes, I hope so too.

@Mig Eater: Long time no see =p, How are you doing? looks like dday is finally close to release, looks great man. Also that's great to hear, couldn't think of anyone better to complete it, I hope I'll have time to help out with finishing it off.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good! Something of this stature should not go to waste!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well now that the files are public anyone can help finish off the last bits, this could turn into a community project.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: P D F Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tony wrote:
Those have to be the best mechs I have ever seen! O.O

Not a big fan of mechs, but I agree they are good, nice work

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Well now that the files are public anyone can help finish off the last bits, this could turn into a community project.

TBH community projects are meant to...well. Kinda fail. Look at PPM's Final Dawn. To me this idea is a tad communist, really. There would be a lot more people that would help, lets say, TI than PPM:FD.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, Final Dawn is a myth, a DNF (although this is a bad example as it's likely to come out now that the studio changed) if you will. There hasn't been a single community project yet, not to mention if there really is a "community" anymore.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final Dawn doesn't break the surface, nor does it demand preorders. #Tongue

Also, I absolutely came buckets.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aah, about time you released those! They've been rotting on my hard disk for ages, and every time I stumbled on them I thought "man, Mero should really release those."

Your infantry units are simply brilliant Smile

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn I'm gonna look into getting this stuff into my mod it looks epic!

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Migeater: It is a far fetched possibility, but a pssiblity nontheless. I've relased the warfactory 3d file as an example file if anyone wishes to take a look and perhaps even finish the buildings, though as Deformat and Crimsonum pointed out, I highly doubt such community porjects are even possible.

@Nyerguds: Hey mate, yes, took my my time releasing them, I guess I always thought I would at some point come back to it, ah well.

@CCHyper, Nikademis Von Hisson, Volgin, SSTG: Thanks

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Merophage,

I don't suppose while you're feeling generous about releasing work, you could re-confirm if the following unfinished structure graphics are public?

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4473&highlight=weather+control

I recall a post many years ago saying that was abandoned and free for people to use in their mods, but before I were to consider using it in a private mod of mine, I wanted to confirm that. I can't find the post on SS at the moment...

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No shps were ever made for the weather control, so I uploaded the models here
http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=401254
Along with a gap generator I found, I'm hoping if someone does make shps out them they would be publicly released as well.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jesus, havnt seen you in quite a while there, Spiderman2099(i think that was your old name...). great stuff as usual, would be nice to see RAPD finished, Mig would do some great justice to the project. good luck guys.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh? He's Merophage since 2003 at least...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Names can change, IIRC it was Spider-Man_2099 previously.

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The weather control is the best. Very Happy
OmegaBolt wrote:

How?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Untrue wrote:
The weather control is the best. Very Happy
OmegaBolt wrote:

How?

Dumbest question 2010

anyway nice to see you again Spidey and great that your sharing all your Paradox Device work (even if it is a shame to see the mod still dead)

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a shame to see this mod won't make it, I was really looking forward to it and enjoyed being one of the guys who got a sneak peek very early. Smile Thanks buckets for releasing the assets though! If I ever get back to YR (which I will, question is always just "when?"), I will extend my mod by RA1 sides using these.

Kudos! Awesome work!

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys. I've edited a few of the YR terrains to make it match with Merophage's palette. Anybody wants it? But it's still not finished yet. I'll try to do it asap if anybody is interested. Smile

Saref
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow
I want it. Possible i will use it in my mod Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd show your work first...

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!