Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Few mapping / campaign related questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject:  Few mapping / campaign related questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't know much about TS mapping so these might be bit newbie questions. Anyway, I was thinking of altering the original TS/FS campaign for my mod. At this point I really wouldn't be doing anything else than replacing all the E1s with side specific infantry, and all the harvesters with side specific harvesters, and maybe some small fixes.

What would be the fastest way to simply replace all the E1s in the campaign maps? I tried using Final Sun but didn't find a quick way to just copy all the stats of a unit to another, and adjusting the settings for each and every E1 individually just seems too much work. I tried opening the map file in notepad and replaced all the E1s and harvesters with my own, but the game crashes on the loading screen before the mission. When changing the infantry I'm pretty sure I didn't mess it up and I double checked every change I made. I even tried replacing just one E1 with another infantry and that enough caushed a crash. Is it safe to edit the maps by hand like that in notepad, replacing units with other units?

Also, would it be possible to have more than 2 campaigns in FS? I've disabled the option to play in the original TS mode in my mod, so I would need to make the original campaigns appear in FS. That or combine the TS + FS campaigns together. Eg. you first finish the TS GDI campaign, then it immidiately continues into the FS GDI campaign 1st mission. Would that be possible?

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For E1 replacement, instead use FS, Open map in text editor and replace all E1 that you want.

But if you add new side you can't use old WW mission any more because game will confuse when find sides.

If combine both TS+FS we can have maximum 4 campaign.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that explains why it keeps crashing. I've added a 3rd side to the game. So much for getting it to work with small changes. Mad

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just add your third side to the maps [Houses] section.
If you have Houses 0-4 in rules.ini while the vanilla TS map uses the default 0-3 (GDI,Nod,Neutral,Special) and additional houses for special sides (e.g. Cabal), your 4th house will be replaced by one of the map specific new houses.

e.g.
Nod2a.map uses 10 houses
Code:
0=GDI
1=Nod
2=Neutral
3=Special
4=Hassan
5=Neutral2
6=Neutral3
7=Neutral4
8=Neutral5
9=Hassan2
10=SafeHassan

If you have added in rules.ini new houses, you have to add them in the map too.
Code:
0=GDI
1=Nod
2=ThirdSide ;new side inserted here
3=Neutral
4=Special
5=Hassan
6=Neutral2
7=Neutral3
8=Neutral4
9=Neutral5
10=Hassan2
11=SafeHassan

So simply make sure that the first houses in the map match the default houses in your rules.ini. (the order of the default houses must be the same in both, rules and map, too)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, you need to edit most of trigger, because if you edit by this way some trigger will point ro wrong house.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon