Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Question to Carnius/any TibWars modder
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject:  Question to Carnius/any TibWars modder
Subject description: About the AI...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've found some interest in modding TW again, and I begin to notice some stuff I dislike. One of the major things is GDI spamming Juggernauts instead of Mammoths, and Nod overusing Avatars.
A simple change in AIStates.xml is impossible, as it makes the game very likely to crash.
What I've heard from Cranius and other modders, is that they haven't touched AIStates.xml, but the AI still has changed (I haven't seen any major Juggernaut spam in TE in example, only Mammoth spam).
My question is: how the hell did you 'persuade' the AI to use different units? Or did you do change AIStates.xml?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC the amount of units in TW gave the AI the choice to build those other units, but then it ended up with Titan spam and such...think there's something that the AI looks for in units that makes them build it.

Try making a duplicate Juggernaut, but nerf it and see if the AI builds which...?

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can set it so that the AI thinks the unit does less damage than it actually does so that they will not use those units that much. This works the other way as well.

I don't really remember the exact code for it, so reference the units that already have it, IIRC the Sonic Emitter and Beam Cannon has it.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then I'll check those out.
EDIT: this code?
<SkirmishAIInformation
BaseBuildingLocation="SPREAD"
ConquerMetricsOverrideDPS="250"
ConquerMetricsOverrideDamageType="CANNON" />
(from Sonic Emitter)

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, that's the one I'm talking about. Hopefully it works as it's supposed to.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just tested it: no Juggernauts from GDI. Now they spam Zone Troopers and Orca's #Tongue
Anyways, cheers for that JJ, now I can teach the AI which units/structures to use, and which not.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have same problem with editing AI, makes game unstable Sad

However, i figure out that price, hitpoints, firepower and buildtime affect how much and how often AI use particular units (or if ever use them)

One interesting example.
It was strange for me that AI did not used much Titans in skirmish games, Titan is titan just by name for game engine its still predator and Ai should use predators. So i decreased price from 1400 to 1300 with positive result.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon