Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Global Defense Initiative
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject:  Global Defense Initiative Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI must advance in technology to be able to keep up with the Nod factions and the Rischu. An EVA unit is standing by to recieve your suggestions.

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gong to start this off with some things Id know I want to do for GDI.

The Jugg from FS will make an aperance as a real artilery buster.

Introduce real land mines that pack a punch.

All GDI units actualy get real benifits when advancing a veterincy level.

The power plant can now be upgraded 3 times.

The radar will be upgradable with its own upgrades.

Any ideas or critisism are welcom from other people so dont be afraid to speak up.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so its going to be the original radar? and the power plant is going to be like empty? without any upgrades? sounds good

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes the radar will still serve the function as a radar but it will have its own upgraids. The two im hoping to have is the Threat Rating Node and a upgraid that will keep the radar workingin low power acting like a emergency generater.

Delta Xvii
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C Gold had an interesting idea when it came to the Advanced Communication Center. The Plutonium Power Plug, its not a bad idea but its not the greatest either.

There should be a new "Hero" unit too. Ghoststalker was cool, but I like this idea better. If it were possible to deploy infantry, why not make a billy bad ass Jump Jet Commando that can deploy to fly or something.

I was HIGHLY dissapointed in the Mammoth Walker, make it a true force to be reckoned with, I noticed that in alot of the Cinema shots that it had a SAM launcher attached to it, yet I cannot remember seeing it used in the game. If it was there, fix it to be better. Oh yeah, can you fix it to where it doesn't have to be level with a target in order to hit it?

APC should have a gun heh heh heh.........

Could you re-implement the rocket soldier to GDI, I have mixed feelings about it, but I dunno.....

Orca's need to be stronger, tougher, and a new attacking unit, don't know a good one though...

Would it be possible to fix the disrupter to where it didn't damage everything in its path, in cut-scenes it was a pretty big tank so I don't understand why it would hurt little infantry folks DIRECTLY under it.

Need new defense weapons, RPG seems to out of date(although it was a bad ass weapon). Wondered about a type of Disrupter based weapon for defense.

You said you needed ideas lmao, here are a few. Have fun!!!

"I don't fight for glory, I fight because I think the cause is right and I am capable"

"I fight, even though I may not win I continue to fight. If I don't fight then who will?"

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
There should be a new "Hero" unit too. Ghoststalker was cool, but I like this idea better. If it were possible to deploy infantry, why not make a billy bad ass Jump Jet Commando that can deploy to fly or something.

Sory but units cant deploy in TS.

Quote:
I was HIGHLY dissapointed in the Mammoth Walker, make it a true force to be reckoned with, I noticed that in alot of the Cinema shots that it had a SAM launcher attached to it, yet I cannot remember seeing it used in the game. If it was there, fix it to be better. Oh yeah, can you fix it to where it doesn't have to be level with a target in order to hit it?

The Mammoth will be a force to be reconed with Twisted Evil and the missiles for both mamoths will be upgraded. Ill have to see about the levil with target thing. I think that has to do with the projectile but it may not be changed much.

Quote:
APC should have a gun heh heh heh.........

I have been thinking of replacing the APC with the AAAV(Advanced Amphibius Assult Vehicle) basicly the APC with a small cannon.

Keep the ideas coming!

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about an artillery upgrade for the componet tower

is it possible for a emp trooper armed with normal rifle and a emp gun or grenades

how about a railgun orca with twin ghoststalker railguns that fire twice then it will have to reload

maybe a satilite plug in for the upgrade centre that reveals the map and ambush troop which are stealth and lay mines and high powered sniper rifles

a new hero unit called the super trooper which is in a mech like the wolverine but is armed withreaper rockets the same net weapon and a harpy machine gun

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zuegma wrote:
what about an artillery upgrade for the componet tower

this is an interesting idea I admit I had my self but dismised as junnessisary as they have the Jugg.( Twisted Evil wich I have upgraded Twisted Evil )

zuegma wrote:
is it possible for a emp trooper armed with normal rifle and a emp gun or grenades

Yes it is possible but has balance issues.

zuegma wrote:
how about a railgun orca with twin ghoststalker railguns that fire twice then it will have to reload

the only problem is with the word "twin". it is inposible to have two particles with one weapon.(atleast as I have heard) I also think that it looks odd to have arcrats with rail cannons.(again my personal opiniaon)

zuegma wrote:
maybe a satilite plug in for the upgrade centre that reveals the map and ambush troop which are stealth and lay mines and high powered sniper rifles

again a good idea but the satilite reveal is imposible withought map specific trigers. but making it reveal all stealth thinks now that is possible Twisted Evil

zuegma wrote:
a new hero unit called the super trooper which is in a mech like the wolverine but is armed withreaper rockets the same net weapon and a harpy machine gun

this sounds like a Idea that I had about adding a web ability to eliet wolveriens but im unsure weather the logic is inlace in TS as it was added in FS which ill have to ceack on(oh and there is the problem of a maximum of two weapons for a unit so your idea is imposible sorry Crying or Very sad )

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about it just having the machine gun and rockets(the hero unit)

what about emp bomber with machine guns(instead of railgun) #infinity

an ion storm tank or is that impossible

liberator a mobile artilry with an emp for protection

anubis mech armed with a grenade launcher against infantry and twin mamoth cannons

also i'd like to know what the threat rating node does #infinity #infinity

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zuegma wrote:
what about it just having the machine gun and rockets(the hero unit)

Which mech? Wolverine? Titan? Mammoth Mark 2(which no doubt will be a newer prototype, as the Mark 2 is unstable and tends to tip over)?

Quote:
what about emp bomber with machine guns(instead of railgun) #infinity

Rischu have a EMP Infantry, use it.

Quote:
an ion storm tank or is that impossible?

Quite impossible.

Quote:
liberator a mobile artilry with an emp for protection

Rischu have a mobile artillery able to shoot deployed or not, they also have an EMP Infantry. Make a combo

Quote:
anubis mech armed with a grenade launcher against infantry and twin mamoth cannons

This sounds pretty good, however I need some research first on some Egyptian Deities

Quote:
also i'd like to know what the threat rating node does #infinity #infinity

Threat Rating Node Functions: it reads the assesed threat rating of a unit or structure, and then determines for players unit which it should attack first according to the Threat Rating.

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the hero unit maybe based around the wolverine mech

poseiden tank floats (like apc) armed with machine guns and nod bike rockets

ares tank armed with and emp cannon (like the structure) and rockets

hermes scout orca an orca with long sight and speed

osiris infantry fire grenades and have c4

Quote:
This sounds pretty good, however I need some research first on some Egyptian Deities

i think that anubis is god of the dead

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, mixing greek and egyptian deities .... sounds kinda tricky

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am so tempted to start a lecture on mythology right now Laughing (its something I found intersting in school yes I know what your thinking I do actualy pay atention in school lol maybe thats why I got a 101 on my last interum Embarassed )

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grizzly- a medium tank (mammoth mk1) with a mortar and mam cannon also hovers

colossus- huge mech on two feet armed twin disrupters

scarab- seige unit heavy armour and armed with a rpg. based around the mam mech but lower

minigunners- heavy infantry armed with proper miniguns like 5x the strength of the wolverine

shot gun men- look like civlians but armed with a shotgun Smile

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, shotgun militia were available at TumSun but I don't thin I'll be able to get those anytime soon because currently they are down

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grizzly- a medium tank (mammoth mk1) with a mortar and mam cannon also hovers

I have already readded the mammoth tank. It doesnt hover but if it did it would have seriouse balance issues.

colossus- huge mech on two feet armed twin disrupters

A large mech sounds cool(maybe thats why I picked GDI) but unforcenutly I beleave that the twin didrupters is not possible.

scarab- seige unit heavy armour and armed with a rpg. based around the mam mech but lower

Sounds cool. The only problem is the name every time I see it I think NOD.

minigunners- heavy infantry armed with proper miniguns like 5x the strength of the wolverine

You should see my version of the basic infanty whene he is a full veterin Twisted Evil . Hes no longer just cannon fodder.(this idea is on hold as for balance issues with the droppods)

shot gun men- look like civlians but armed with a shotgun

Honestly I was thinking of some kind of shotgun weapon but my idea was for a tank.... I dismissed it as it doesnt seem to fit GDIs stial.(maybe another side could use it... hint hint hint Wink )

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sucks

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what does? Confused

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, please elaborate Terror

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI has made resurch into weapons and has some new tricks up its sleave for added punching power.

MetalStorm Tank: This tank is capable of litteritly crate a storm of flying metal at its target buy spraying it with bullits. Capible of fiting rates up to 1,000,000 rpm. but field trials have had difficulty reaching the same rates as in the field. More updates will be posted as resurch concludes.

ADAM Tank: (Area Deanial Artillery Munisions) Using tecnology based apone stolen plans of the Cluster Missile this unit will be able to saturate a chosen area of land for as long as needed but has a limited range and very vulnerable to hostile attack to to the lack of armer since the wight of ammo was so great. This bit of technology is still in the early testing fase.

Pax Ethenica
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno if any of these ideas have been put up already but hear goes.

An EMP Component Tower Upgrade. Should at least take up 100 units of power. This is more or less a controlable multi-use EMP weapon. No charging up for half a godamn minute while Reapers are pummeling you NOW... Can only affect a single unit (the unit it hits), and has a low rate of power. As expensive if not more expensive than your standard EMP Cannon.

Drop the Ghost Stalker, I thin kthat with an enemy of mutants GDI is going to finally abandon the Forgotten. Bunch of whiney freaks, the whole lot of them! Instead they should make the rail an exclusively Vehicle-based weapon. Mount on onto a modified Titan chassic and call it... I dunno, a Mastodon Walker or summat.

A carpet bomber perhaps? Like a multi-missle but in air-craft form. Can only fire once between reloads but when it empties it bomb bays it releases more or less a circle of flame and cratering underneath it. Not able to take out a Conyard by itself, mind you... That'd be insane. But powerful enough to take out a fairly sized group of deployed Tick Tanks, maybe.

"The Baby-Eating-Bishop of Barthenwells."

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like to see guys that can balance units out, Just checking in guys I'm still not supposed to be online so give me some more time...

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gdi stealth bomber- has one bombing run which is as powerful as the both orca bombers runs but only one can be built because it is stolen technolgy

tank destroyer- a light fast unit that has armour peircing at shells that can kill a mamoth in 4 shots also has a machine gun but due to it being a prototype it only can built one

heavily armoured assualt infantry(H.A.A.I.)- A heavly armoured infantry unit that can with stand 3 cyborg command shots before dying armed with a aa rocket and with a heavy ap mini gun but due the imense amount of materials used it can only be built once( for image have a slightly bigger wolverine with onne gun and a rocket launcer on the back)

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tower would be pointless as you already have the emp tower. Sorry But I personaly like the mutants so lay of them or Ill tell Mr. Stalker where you live! Twisted Evil I alreaddy have a carpet boiming concept that I have in the works cheak out my last post.

PS. Venom Im glad to hear from you! I was about to give up hope.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never give up hope comrade! And don't stop watching I may pop up only once every so many eons but hey, I pop up don't I? And always remember, HEIL HITLER!! Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype Hitler! Mad

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with you, Banshee. He killed so many Jewish people, and ethnic groups he didn't like. And disabled people, and gypses. If he had gotten his way, one of my friends wouldn't be alive. Mad

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why did Venom say that, anyway?

...and i'd rather not ztype Hitler (why doesn't the word correction work?)

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm Banshee, I think I'll pass on that offer to ztype hitler sinces he's a bit of a rotting corpse and he's a guy. Now onto the reason I said that, it was meant as a joke. No one ever says Heil Hitler anymore or they say it jokingly and with no real meaning to it. Now I'm sorry that I rubbed the cat the wrong way but I didn't mean anything serious by it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon