Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
56Kers
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kagurati
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject:  56Kers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of those people who have 56k would rather be playing the mod instead of waiting for it to Download. Don't spose you could make it so we could download the mod and maps seperately somewhere? Cause 26Mbs on 56k takes like 2+ hours... and im sure most of us don't have 2 hours to download something.... If you think i'm complaing i'm not. Im suggesting an idea. Try to do this with some of the other mods also plz!

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why don't you put the stuff for the mods in multiple exand##.mix and have let's say 5 expand in stead of 1. Than have them all for seperate download. Then let them save 'm all in the save place to play fully. If you don't have time to download 2 hours for 1 file then you can download 5x24 minutes. Just an idea....

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill consider it for TSR 1.25 Wink

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you downlaod one of the millions of download managers, they download a file bit by bit, you can pause and even stop the download and resume it any time u want, there COMPLEATLY FREE.

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
Why don't you downlaod one of the millions of download managers, they download a file bit by bit, you can pause and even stop the download and resume it any time u want, there COMPLEATLY FREE.

Yep, so easy. Or Smiffgig can winzip the mod into pieces of x mb.

Multiple expand.mixes Embarassed madness

Kagurati
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My mom won't let me get a download manager thing.

And G10 mind putting that in lame mans terms?

And normally i don't have 2 straight hours on the computer... maybe 30 minutes here, an hour there.

4) beat the game again.
5)Repeat steps 3 and 4 (step 1 is optional)

That basically my gaming agenda.

Anyways,
I do as I please,
Have a problem with that?

^My Motto!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you mum won't let you download a program from a company, but she lets you download mods off of websites that have a MUCH higher change of viruses?(companys are much more reliable than random site owners) Maybe its just me but i fail to see the logic...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah that's pretty weird.. but true, i fail to see the logic of mum's and maybe women in general.. lol

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Yeah that's pretty weird.. but true, i fail to see the logic of mum's and maybe women in general.. lol

Heres another perfect example. My friends parents left her alone for a week by herself but instaled AOL parental controles on there computer befor they left. Confused And she is about as likely to do anything wrong online as a nun.lol

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And G10 mind putting that in lame mans terms?

Why does almost every one tell me that I explain to complicated, but here it goes.

The mod is put in one expand##.mix, which contains all the information.

There can be one mod installed at a time.

The numbers for expand and ecache mixes are variable from 02 to 99.

So if there are, let's say 5 expands with 5 ecache built, each containing graphics, so expand02 to expand06 for instance.

Then in every one you place one or two ini files.

If someone wants to download the mod, he or she can download the five mixes in less time than two hours. In this case about 24 minutes each.

And the mod will not work with just one expand so they must download the others as well.

This will not reduce the download time but will give you some short pauzes for let's say when you stop on the computer for school, party's, work, family etc.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The simple thing is just to download a download manager without ur parents permission and let them uninstall it if there so dead set against companys.

millions of ppl wouldn't download "download accelerator" if it destroyed pc's.

Kagurati
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where can i get it and how does it work?

4) beat the game again.

Anyways,
I do as I please,

^My Motto!

gonz@
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WELL IF WE SPLIT THE FILE WITH WINZIP WE GET THE 80% OF LOSSING THE ARCHIVE IN THE DOWNLOAD BEACUSE YOU NOW THAT WINZIP ISNT PERFECT, BUT HAVING SOME DAPS WOULD BE THE BEST IDEA OU AND THE 56K USERS MUST HAVE A CLEANED PC BEFORE BEGINING A BIG DOWNLOAD.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gonz@ i have no clue what ur saying. One thing you are wrong about is that winzip loses archives. It doesn't. Any zip files that it can't read are corrupt or not fully downloaded.

Goto www.google.com and search for download accelerator

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or go to the links page on my site and get Download Accelerator Plus.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go to your local libary, thwy should have good connection. Download it there and burn it to a disk

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your library has CD-RW drives?!? lucky!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dingo
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:

GoZilla ain't free. Well you cant get it free legally.
stucuk wrote:
you mum won't let you download a program from a company, but she lets you download mods off of websites that have a MUCH higher change of viruses?(companys are much more reliable than random site owners) Maybe its just me but i fail to see the logic...

not to mention they're illegal.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so use Download Accelerator Plus (there is a link to the free version on my site) instead of GoZilla.

Dingo wrote:
not to mention they're illegal.

what are you saying is illegal?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fact:
There is MILLIONS OF FREE DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So recommend one. I recommended the one that I use for large downloads.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:

gonz@ i have no clue what ur saying. One thing you are wrong about is that winzip loses archives. It doesn't. Any zip files that it can't read are corrupt or not fully downloaded.

Goto www.google.com and search for download accelerator

stucuk wrote:
The simple thing is just to download a download manager without ur parents permission and let them uninstall it if there so dead set against companys.

millions of ppl wouldn't download "download accelerator" if it destroyed pc's.

I already did, even posted b4 u Wink

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but you didn't sugest a specific one.

I've heard that GetRight is also good, but I've never tried it since DAP works great for me.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download Accelerator should get DAP. Which is what i ment.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.

Is it good to rely on it being the first choice to come up in a Google search?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to b honest i don't care. Some program would come up that would work.

Kagurati
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Yes they are illegal... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's true, download managers and accelerators are illegal. The government is cracking down on them. Watch the news once in awhile...

4) beat the game again.

Anyways,
I do as I please,

^My Motto!

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why are they illegal? Which news source would you reccommend?

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was this artical on the internet, newspaper, or news show?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya that doesn't exactly make sense, why would something that helps people be illegal.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is thinking of filesharing programs, which are designed to transfer files from one PERSON to another, Download managers just take over the job of windows's own download manager (the box that apears saying how long it will take to download).

Download Managers are like they sound, they manage downloads from the internet, everyone is free to download files, but it is illegal to download copyrighted material.

File shareing programs are totaly different, they don't manage internet downloads, they just transfer files from one user to another, normaly u do a search n it searches what ppl have on there pc's(ppl normaly select a directory that has files they want to share).

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

download managers and accelerators are not illegal and it would be utterly pointless for the "government" to make them illegal, it would be equivilent of them making such programs as WinZip or RealPlayer illegal, there is no point and it doesnt effect them in any way.

As for p2p software, i could understand it more so if they where trying to make them illegal, but the fact is they are not illegal and i doubt they will make them illegal otherwise they would have done it well before now (Napster was a different case and is not the same as current p2p software like Kazaa and shareaza)

Anyway this is all Way OffTopic so this thread is closed, but you can continue the discussion in the general discussion forums of course if you want

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon