Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ra2 Soviet AI
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject:  Ra2 Soviet AI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I finally got to making the AI for the ra2 soviets, which brings the amount of armies with AI to 2 (Dutchy's Ra1 Sovs being the first). I must say, the ai is very aggressive and sends massive amounts of units. Here's a pic from a game me and Gufu had where we took on 6 AI's (and lost horribly).

Check out the mini map!

theaistrikes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  207.05 KB
 Viewed:  5402 Time(s)

theaistrikes.jpg

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why spam mcv?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because MCVs are the Generals Dozers of Invasion Confirmed. :p

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you can see, we lost to the combined WAAAGH of 6 RA2 AI players. And that is considering that it isn't THAT smart, yet. I am afraid that dark times are upon us.

We tried 2 VS 4 later, and that failed horribly as well, mostly because of annoying lag, due to a custom map.

Then we went 2 on 2 on Homeland Alliance. I was almost brought down immediately by force of shock troopers, but Attack Bears saved me. Then I was rushed by Flak Trucks/ Infantry/V3 rush, but I was saved by Desolator Strike.

Then we had an hour long battle against AI forces that kept sending troops at us. Dafool was able to Kill one of AI players, while I was at most, harassing them. I was buiding up an attack force of Reapers. Then I was nuked by AI, killing most of my army. I had some troops to spearhead the AIs base, allowing Dafool to come in and take the base with ease.

And a single reaper hailed the destruction of the enemy. For we have proven VICTORIOUS!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the true challenge is getting the AI to do naval combat. It's possible in SP because I can just place a naval yard on the water and everything just comes naturally from that, but I got to find a way to have the AI get naval yards on the water. I think a few map specifc scripts that rely on 'IF player is at position X, THEN spawn X at location Y' might do the trick. I'll have to investigate this furthers.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WAAAGH... Too much 40k rots the brain.

Nice to see that the AI is taking some shape, even it is even more prone to spamming than a human...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the Japs won't work, then Naval AI won't work either DaFool. They use the same system remember #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I can use map scripting to spawn a naval yard, which I guess in theory could work for the japs, but one building vs an entire base? Plus reconstruction! I don't think so.

EDIT: I checked and yes, you can have the AI spawn naval yards using map scripts "IF player is Pos 1, THEN X"

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon